Annan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Highland Games - Piping/dancing competitions

Scotland May 17, 2015 at 1:51 AM

Any ideas as to which are the best Highland Games for piping/dancing competitions and music rather than tug o war - I accept that all of them are good. Can flex as to where and when we go but so far my short list is:

Nairn
      Glenisla - good celidh - looks fun!!
      Bridge of Allan
      Inverary - could be tight as we have to be home by 23July
      Kenmore
      Invergordon
      Lonach
      Argyl
      Cowal
      Pitlochry
      Dundonald

Any suggestions for caravan sites nearby much appreciated. Many thanks in advance

more
    • guciukas's Profile Photo

hiking in Scotland

Scotland May 11, 2015 at 11:46 AM

I would like to go to Scotland for hiking (never did it before) starting from 12-13 June. Maybe there is anyone who would like to join, or to give some guidance on possible routes for beginners? thank you in advance. Neringa

more
    • Prices in Scotland (Portree)

Portree 12 hours ago

Hello everyone,

I recive some welcome messages so I decide to post some thing, and maybe I will find some time to fill my profile. Thanks everyone for your lovely get welcome.

So my question... I am interested in visiting Scotland in next few months, so I am now preparing myself for everyhing and most important thing I want to know are prices. I already read some threads but I want to make sure. I have already something in mind about place to sleep, will go for a week, how much I need to take with myself? I am going to stay Isle of Skye, so plan to visit Portree (here some photo's: scotlandpictures.net/isle-of... ), which destination you also suggest me to visit?

Thanks everyone!

more
    • Airport transport

Orkney May 19, 2015 at 4:48 AM

What's the best way to get from Kirkwall airport to Stromness?

more
    • May Day Sunday

Oban Apr 27, 2015 at 1:41 PM

im thinking of spending a night in Oban for mayday with my partner for a change of scenery. I live just outside fraserburgh where during May Day Sunday all the bars have bands and other entertainment and wondered what Oban has to offer during this day ?

more
    • visit to isle of skye

Scotland Apr 30, 2015 at 4:14 AM

Hi all
      After reading so many reviews from you all i have decided to visit isle of skye. Pl tell should i go with a 3 day tour by Timberbush.as I will be using public transport. If not then is it possible to move of our own I mean the transportation and all will be convenient. I have booked 2nights stay in portree. This is in july.

more
    • muratkorman's Profile Photo

Ingliston Park and Ride - long term stay?

Edinburgh May 15, 2015 at 2:15 AM

Dear VT members,
      I need to leave my car for 9 days near Edinburgh airport. I have found Ingliston Park and Ride to be very convenient and free. However, they indicate no overnight stay in website. Is there any VT member who left his car there for a long duration? I don't want to find my car towed when I arrive back. If this will certainly happen, where do you suggest to park the car?
      Thank you for your help.

more
    • Romagirly's Profile Photo

Falkirk Wheel and Stirling.

Glasgow May 5, 2015 at 11:28 PM

Hi All, I am arriving into Glasgow via Cruise Ship and have about 8 hours here. I was hoping to experience the Falkirk Wheel and then mooch around Stirling. Is this doable without booking an excursion and if so advice please.Tia.

more
    • Cdubrose's Profile Photo

Slowest season

Scotland May 3, 2015 at 8:47 PM

Looking to travel to Scotland but would like to go in the off season. Much into historical monuments and the beautiful landscape but don't want to be bothered by huge crowds of tourists. Thank you

more
    • Hellen79's Profile Photo

A few hours in Edinburgh

Edinburgh Apr 29, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Hello
      Can you tell me what is possible to do in a few hours from 7 am to 3 pm in Edinburgh?
      Is it maybe possible to go to Glasgow or St Andrews?
      Is it possible to go to Arthur's seat early in the morning? How long does it take from Masson House to get to Arthur's seat?
      Thank you very much!

more
    • Dabs's Profile Photo

Driving, parking, hotel during Tattoo

Edinburgh May 5, 2015 at 11:48 AM

Unless I can come up with a better idea, we are flying into Edinburgh on Friday morning, picking up a car at the airport, driving to Loch Lomond so my husband can do a swim on Saturday morning, driving back to Edinburgh for the Tattoo Saturday night (tickets are still available as of a few minutes ago for the 7:30 show) and then leaving Sunday morning to head north.

So if we are coming back from Loch Lomond, is there any place close enough to Edinburgh that we can stay with parking, free or pay, and take a train/bus into Edinburgh? Or maybe a train station where we can park overnight and then continue onto a nearby hotel? Or maybe there's long term cheaper parking at the airport? Obviously hotels are at a premium although I can still find one but I'm also not wild about actually driving into Edinburgh city center since we will already have the opposite side of the road issue to worry about.

Maybe an airport hotel? Queensferry? Leith? Mainly I'm concerned about ease of finding it and ease of getting into the city center. Thanks.

more
    • Dabs's Profile Photo

Scotland in late August

Scotland Apr 30, 2015 at 12:43 PM

Just scheming right now but I think I'm going to try and go back to Scotland this summer. If it works out, Mr. Dabs will be doing a swim race in Loch Lomond in late August and from there I'd like to head north and the two places I've got on my list so far are Eilean Donan castle and the Isle of Skye. And my grandfather was born just outside of Glasgow so I may want to put that in there somewhere. I'm assuming we'd have to fly into Edinburgh, United flies straight into Edinburgh from Chicago for sure in the summer.

So if we do a round trip from either one and hit those two spots, what other places should I be looking at? Last summer I visited a lot of the castles in and around Edinburgh (Stirling, Linlithgow, Craigmillar) and I did a 1 day bus trip that went to Inveraray, Loch Awe, Doune so no need to revisit any of them.

more