Anmiter Travel Answers

change location

Anmiter location

by rm1453 Online Now Nov 9, 2011 at 2:38 AM

Can anyone give me the GPS coordinates for Anmiter? Also is it possible for a minibus to get there from Telouet or is it an unsealed road. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • angiebabe's Profile Photo

Re: Anmiter location

by angiebabe Online Now Nov 9, 2011 at 4:08 PM

i could get hold of the coordinates from somewhere I guess but yes the road is 12 km of sealed road from Telouet - driven up and around there in normal car many times and local minibuses go there all the time - just as the road gets to Anmiter its piste/unsealed and crosses a river but still not a problem to the locals depending on the conditions but there has been recent work to upgrade the road from Anmiter through to Ait Benhaddou (which Ive been taken on by normal car but has always otherwise been true 4x4 road.

we were in Ait Benhaddou in sept and thought that the latest was that it was now good piste which we didnt have time to check out ourselves - will do next time Im over - but I read on someone elses site the other day that its now paved all the way - which should mean that the bit meeting Anmiter has been fixed.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Anmiter location

by rm1453 Online Now Nov 9, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Thanks for your reply. So do you think the old road from Ait Benhaddou to Anmiter is now driveable in something other than a 4WD? I'm going over there with group of friends next May and we're hiring a minibus. We want to have a look at Ait Benhaddou in the morning and then we are driving to Essaouira. But on the way I'd like to stop at Anmiter and Telouet, both of which I have been to before, but not for about 6 years and then the road was not so good. If we could drive north from Ait Benhaddou it would maybe save us a bit of time and save us backtracking to the main road....

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

Re: Anmiter location

by angiebabe Online Now Nov 9, 2011 at 10:20 PM

hi the road off the main road at TiznTichka to Telouet has always been pretty potholey etc - I used to just about live in Telouet for a while and travelled that way quite often but havent been on that road for a couple of years myself though went past on the main road from Ait Benhaddou just recently etc

we can let you know by May next year anwyay if you can now do the Ait Benhaddou to Anmiter and Telouet direct by minibus by then as hopefully will check the road out ourselves for a look as well as see how the Telouet glaoui kasbah as doing as the people I lived with in Telouet reckoned 5 years ago it would only last another few years...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines