Anmiter Travel Answers

change location

walking in Animter

by medindexer Online Now Aug 11, 2011 at 1:42 PM

I've seen a walking holiday (for 3-4 days) with Exodus centred in Anmiter. It seems to be a place off the beaten track (say compared to Imlil). Is it an interesting place to go walking (they mention e.g eTizi'n'Ourghsan and back down the Ouarikt River. Lake Tamda)). Will I get decent views of the higher mountains? Sorry for my ignorance.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • angiebabe's Profile Photo

Re: walking in Animter

by angiebabe Online Now Aug 12, 2011 at 4:52 AM

hi,
    check out my page on Anmiter! its a lovely area, i pretty much used to live in Telouet and went to Anmiter and surrounds quite often - been up to the village of Tighza a few times but been wanting to do the walk to Tamda Lakes for a long time but plans have been thwarted each time but will eventually....so yes a lovely place to take the chance to take a walking holiday!
    the landscape to get there from Marrakech is beautiful - check out the road map - you go from Marrakech to top of TiznTichka and then turn off to Telouet and another 11kms is Anmiter

i have a few pics on my Anmiter, Telouet and Morocco pages, even Ait Benhaddou page with Tamdaght kasbah not far down the road which is another Glaoui kasbah from the Glaouis that lived in Telouet, Tasgha, Anmiter, Tamdaght and Ouarzazate

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by angiebabe Online Now Aug 12, 2011 at 5:06 AM

hi again, and you could also follow up the contacts and their numbers that in my Anmiter tips to do your own trekking up there and compare the prices - you could get a rental car and drive to anmiter and then go from there with guide and donkeys....I have a few connections in various places as well which might all make a more diverse package to get more for less cost than say an exodus tour - but Exodus are well regarded - so also are Ramblers for UK arranged tours but doing things at graas roots levels in Morocco with the right connections is fine too

• Re: walking in Animter

by medindexer Online Now Aug 12, 2011 at 6:25 AM

It's so good when people give helpful replies like you have. Thank you. I live in Edinburgh and meet lots of tourists and I get a buzz of helping people out (you meet a lot when one climbs Arthur's seat). I always wondered if they took my advice and it they benefited by it!

I'm usually on a budget, but the Exodus price for 7 nights with 4 in Anmiter was only £370 or so (rest of time in Marrakesh) for the week. And this is in a group of solo people, so I won't be on my own with just couples and families which can be a bit tiresome. I'm pretty sure I could do it for less my arranging my own accommodation and looking around for a guide in the area who does group, but I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle when time is relatively short. If u say Exodus is good then great.
    I was worried that Anmiter would be a less interesting area than the usual places like Imlil but from what you say it has lots of charm.

I'm probably going to tack on 2-3 days at the end and was thinking of going to (unimaginatively) Essaouira for a bit of beach. I guess the only way to get there is via Marrakesh. If you have any advice/opinion about how to travel and where to stay do let me know.

Visited Morocco a v long time ago (1973)...

by angiebabe Online Now Aug 12, 2011 at 1:32 PM

hi thanks for your reply tonight - youre very welcome and glad its of help but dont know if youve missed that we do have travel pages here that vters make on locations - such as Anmiter as already said in my post that I have put together that include photos and a bit about the area - theres a rating and ranking system too which helps show tips and pages that have been of help and also these are ways of building the VT community too I guess of course

- and also Essaouira if youd like to have a look at them you will find accommodation that I recommend and a few pics and tips of recommended things about going to Essaouira for..other VTers have their pages on Essaouira and would recommmend their own places to stay but I found mine in the LP and also recommended by a VTer i used to keep in good contact with

It would be an interesting visit to add to your cities and mountains and valleys! You might like to make contact with VTer Windcity who lives in Essaouira and see about meeting up which also for me usually makes trips to new places interesting!

Imlil is also an interesting place to go - ive been a couple of times and like it a lot and there are soem nice walks around the area but the main attraction is usually Moroccos highest mountain ie Toubkal which is quite a challenge unless pretty fit, but I think that Anmiter area has its own look and is just beautiful and has rather striking landscapes esp the vivid colours in the earth in many places there and the scenery you go through to get to Anmiter to start with is interesting. So I do think you would have a good time choosing that area....you can always come back and do the other another time! or you might like to come and back and walk around Ait Bougoumez which is really lovely too Ive recently been finding.

I know that there are other well travelled vters who have used and recommend Exodus and someone else I know who uses them for excellent trips in Libya or Algeria so thats a pretty good reputation to have.

• windcity's Profile Photo

by windcity Online Now Aug 12, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Sure, Essaouira is a charming place to end your trip, It depends when you come but its not called the wind city Africa for nothing !If you enjoy water sports you will not be dissapointed. If you want to sunbathe it might be better to book a hotel/guesthouse with a terrace or swimming pool. Some days are calmer than others. Essaouira has an abundance of varied accomodation and eateries. Please contact me if you need some ideas.
    Transport from Marrakech is your best bet, either Supratours or CTM have buses 70DH one way. Shared taxi is also an option but a little squashed. You can always pay for 2 seats and get the front seat to yourself.
    Have fun !

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines