Anguilla

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Anguilla Travel Answer Locations

• briantravelman's Profile Photo

Is it possible to bike the island in one day?

Anguilla Jan 24, 2014 at 4:28 PM

If I took the first ferry to Anguilla, and the last ferry back, I would have about 10 hours on the island. Factoring in customs, rental stuff, and getting back before ferry departure, I would have at least 8 hours to explore the island.

I wanted to rent a bike in Bowling Point, bike all the way to Cauls Pond, stop at Little Bay for some swimming and snorkeling, then back to Bowling Point. Maybe stop at one of the famous beaches if I have time.
      I read that bike is a good way to explore the island, because it is flat. I mapped it on Google Earth, and that's about a 20 mile trip. I biked 16 miles before, and I didn't get back 'til dark, but that's because I left late, part of the journey was uphill, and we stopped on the way. But I actually covered more distance than I thought I would.
      Factoring in the fact that I'll spot a lot to film, and take picture, and the fact that I will probably get lost a few times, do you think it is possible to bike this loop in 8 hours?
      Are there any other ponds on the island where I can see birds? Because if there are closer ones, I can visit it instead of Cauls. Because Cauls looks a bit difficult to get to.
      I want to visit the interior, because I like the habitat.

People said you need a car, but I will be unable to rent one, and I also enjoy exploring places on bike, so bike would be fun for me.
      I just want to make sure I will make it back to catch the last ferry.

6 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 6:00 AM
    • YeseniaC's Profile Photo

What are some experiences that you just have to experience in Anguilla?

Anguilla Oct 28, 2013 at 5:19 AM

I'd be visiting Anguilla with my boyfriend by the end of this year or early next year. We'd be there for over 2 weeks. We haven't been there before, but have heard a lot about the beaches, food and the culture there. So we've decided to take a beach front villa and make the most of that. Maybe a little secluded like this one- maccaribbeanvillas.com/uploa... . We intend to do some snorkeling. What are the other attractions that we could try during our stay there? Any must visit restaurants or dishes? Places to see? Things to try? Please leave your suggestions.

• Entry requirement question - Misdemeanor

Anguilla Oct 23, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Hello, I am from the US and am looking to travel to Anguilla to vacation next year. I have a misdemeanor on my record. Will that prevent me from getting into Anguilla?

Thank you!

1 Answer Oct 23, 2013 at 5:32 PM
    • Intention to Move to anguilla, Guidance and help needed!

Anguilla Aug 17, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Hi, I joined this site to get as much info as possible as I am intending to move and live in anguilla, I have family there, and my grandmothers in the process of complete my belongers status which should be done after christmas ( Do I even need this? ). I guess what Im asking is where do i start? what do i need? the documents required? any info i need to know, any processes i need to do?
      I can be contacted on : benzkiiis@gmail.com
      Any help will be deeply appreciated.
      Thanks
      Ben Douglas

3 Answers Aug 18, 2012 at 12:18 AM
    • St. Croix

Anguilla Dec 10, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Is there a direct way to get from St. Croix to Anguilla?

1 Answer Dec 10, 2011 at 6:44 PM
    • emersonsf's Profile Photo

one bedroom villas close to the Elvis Bar

Anguilla Mar 18, 2011 at 10:53 AM

I can find a lot of information about villas and prices on Anguilla, but I would like to be close to the Elvis Bar that friends tell me is so much fun. Does anyone know of fairly inexpensive (summer rates) one bedroom villas close to Elvis?
      Thanks one and all
      JP

1 Answer Mar 25, 2011 at 4:07 PM
    • Fun/romantic activities in Anguilla?

Anguilla Mar 8, 2011 at 7:02 AM

Hi all!

My wife and I will be traveling to Anguilla/S. Bart's at the end of the month. We'll be staying on Anguilla for 4 days and St.Bart's for 5 days. Does anyone have suggestions for fun/romantic activities while we're there, including info on how to book/reserve? I'm thinking of things like a sunset boat ride, snuba diving (but not scuba diving), zip-lining, day trips, romantic dinner somewhere special, etc. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Ashley

2 Answers Mar 15, 2011 at 8:47 AM
    • Anyone been to Anguilla?

Anguilla Nov 21, 2008 at 9:12 AM

When I asked to balance my trip to St. Martin with a few days in a quiet, secluded spot, my travel agent recommended Anguilla. This would save me from having to buy a400 round-trip plane ticket to the Virgin Islands. (I had wanted to go to St. John.) Is Anguilla really tranquil and beautiful like St. John is?

• departing for anguilla in 5 days!!

Anguilla Jul 9, 2008 at 10:45 AM

Greetings! Family and I will be departing for Anguilla very, very soon. Would love to learn of affordable restaurants on the island. also, has anyone ever taken advantage of the horseback riding or done yoga there? Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!!
      Sherri

• Dirk64's Profile Photo

Sandy Ground ?

Anguilla Nov 29, 2006 at 2:43 AM

Hi Community,

anybody recently has been to Anguilla/Sandy Ground ? Any recommendations ? Only twelve days to go until departure, and I can´t wait.

Thanks for replies

Dirk

6 Answers Sep 23, 2011 at 2:21 PM
    • sandandsea's Profile Photo

FLIGHTS

Anguilla Sep 21, 2006 at 8:56 AM

Hi there,
      we are planning a trip to Anguilla. Any suggestion for a cheap flight from Italy, Milan maybe via other nations??
      Many thanks.
      Ciao

3 Answers Nov 9, 2007 at 8:45 AM
    • Relocation

Anguilla Aug 28, 2006 at 3:17 PM

Hey there, I'm contemplating relocating to AXA and have a few questions. If I work in The Valley, where is the nicest proximate place to live? How expensive would a 2 bedroom furnished apartment be in that area? Could you recommend a real estate agent who rents flats in the are you recommend? Outside of housing, the cost of living is an area of concern. How expensive are utilities: water, electricity, DSL, cable and telephone? How expensive is food/groceries? Is everything imported or is stuff like seafood sold at local markets? I also understand most Anguillans head to SXM to do their shopping. Is this true and recommended? What is the annual cost of a driver's licence? Is there a road tax/MOT requirement? Is there a market in used cars? If so can you recommend any? Is there a minimum wage? What in USD would one need to earn to be able to afford a 2 bed, petrol, utilities and food?

Thanks, in advance for your assistance.

1 Answer Apr 18, 2008 at 5:18 PM
    • Affordable Restaurants

Anguilla Aug 8, 2005 at 9:06 AM

What are some more authentic and affordable restaurants in anguilla? I recall eating at a local place in town, but the name escapes me. Also, we managed to find a subway on that same road.

There was a chinese restaurant I imagine would be inexpensive, but very difficult to find.

1 Answer Oct 20, 2006 at 7:50 PM
    • enofile's Profile Photo

frangipani resort

Anguilla May 1, 2005 at 1:42 PM

I am planning on being in Anguilla in July for a week and have booked a room a the Frangipani Resort in one of their super deluxe rooms. Will this be a nice room and place? Or, should I have booked their 1 beroom villa or stayed at The Arawak Beach Inn instead? Thanks for any help you can provide.
      Enofile

1 Answer May 14, 2006 at 7:17 PM
    • resorts in september....

Anguilla Apr 3, 2005 at 9:45 AM

I am planning to go to Anguilla this september and I noticed that most of the resorts are closed on that date. I was told that CuisinArt is open... However anybody knows another resort/hotel which is open...? and restaurants.... are closed or open? The reason is because of the storms...? Is it safe on going in sept.?

• WBL_Couple

Anguilla May 25, 2004 at 5:36 AM

Is it possible to find a small studio or hotel to rent for one night in February on Shoal Bay East? Any suggestions appreciated!

1 Answer Aug 1, 2008 at 11:30 AM
    • cheryl_mcleod21's Profile Photo

Cost of Anguilla

Anguilla Feb 24, 2004 at 10:21 AM

How much does it cost to be a tourist in Anguilla in comparison to other Caribbean islands? Is is relative, more, less? Could you also give me some idea of costs, Thanks Cheryl_Mcleod21

3 Answers Jun 15, 2007 at 5:53 PM
    • Lenox's Profile Photo

Any Questions?

Anguilla Dec 16, 2003 at 6:27 PM

If anyone has any questions I live in Anguilla and can probably provide answers, even if it takes some time to research them

19 Answers Nov 15, 2008 at 10:24 AM
    • ferry from anguilla to Netherlands antilles

Anguilla Jul 23, 2003 at 10:42 PM

HI I would like to get some infromation regarding the ferry routes in operation from Anguilla to netherland antilles, i would like to know the ferry time , operator who runs the ferry.thanks a lot .

1 Answer Aug 1, 2008 at 11:39 AM