Angra dos Reis Travel Answers

change location

Rio de Janero

by rogeramjet Online Now Jul 11, 2004 at 7:53 PM

I will be visiting Rio in August and will spend one week there.However I want to spend another week nearby where there is alot to experience and a variety of things to do and see,not just a beach resort but where I can meet. locals .I have heard of Angra dos Reis and of Arraials and Buzios.Which is the best or are there better places I have not heard of?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • dargains's Profile Photo

Re: Rio de Janero

by dargains Online Now Jul 13, 2004 at 7:36 AM

Buzios and Angra dos reis are best places to go to beach in Rio state. Just keep in mind that they are in opposite directions, Rio city is exactly in between buzios and angra. The fun in Angra, is to have the opportunity to do some boat trips, because the city itself doesen´t have any cool things, and the best beaches are usually in islands, where in you can only reach by boat. Also check out Paraty a colonial city very near angra like 1 hour drive, very beuatifull and tipical.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • NedHopkins's Profile Photo

Re: Rio de Janero

by NedHopkins Online Now Jul 13, 2004 at 9:41 PM

1. Ouro Preto, with excursions possibly to Mariana and Congonhas. (See Estado do Minas Gerais pages.) 2. Paraty, still in Rio de Janeiro State. In either place you'll find friendly locals, good and inexpensive hotels, and superb food. Ouro Preto is a university town. You'd almost certainly meet students. They live in houses called 'nations' -- the Nation of Snoopy, for one.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines