Angra dos Reis Travel Answers

change location
Lunita's Profile Photo

Angra dos Reis

by Lunita Online Now Dec 18, 2003 at 11:23 PM

Hi! Its me again with questions... Is it easy to get to Angra dos Reis from Rio? How to do it? Does it worth as I think it does? ( I think it really does) If it worths, can you please tell me what is the best and fastest way to do it? Is it posible to do it by bus and how much can that cost? Also, can that be taken as a day trip?? Thank you so much in advance! And again, any other suggestion and/or tip will be really apreciated =) Best wishes, Luna

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • hmoitta's Profile Photo

Re: Angra dos Reis

by hmoitta Online Now Dec 19, 2003 at 6:19 AM

It's easy, you just have to take a bus which takes about 3 hs. Although Angra region is very beautiful, with islands and little beaches, the city itself doesn't worth a visit unless you make a boat trip or stay in a beautiful beach. A good idea is to go to Paraty, an old colonial town near Angra much more interesting to stay. From there you can make a day excursion in Angra bay. There are day trip excursions to Angra from Rio with lunch in the boat. From Angra or Mangaratiba you can take the ferry to Ilha Grande, a very intereresting place too. Bus prices are very cheap in Brasil, I don't know exactly but no more than 15US$. To see the schedules take a look in my transportation tip in my Brasil page.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines