change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Torgut's Profile Photo

How dry is dry season in Angkor Wat?

by Torgut Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Fellows... I will be visiting Angkor Wat in early April, which I understand is pure dry season. I was wondering if the vegetation around the temples becomes dry and not greenish at wall, the moss disappears from the walls where it usually is, and overall the landscape becomes brownish... any comments on this, please?

7 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 4:14 AM
    • WAT united states

by sederik Online Now Feb 21, 2014 at 12:43 AM

is the organisation of Traveller.bg for WAT in USA, good and trusted ?

2 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 11:12 AM
    • Ankor Wat transport

by matrlman Online Now Dec 18, 2013 at 3:40 AM

What is a typical expense for a tuk tuk on a Friday to go through the Angkor Wat complex?
      Is it difficult to get last minute bookings as we would like to tour on 20 December 2013?
      Thank you!

3 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    • Dolls dressed in typical Cambodian costumes

by redhead415 Online Now Aug 25, 2011 at 11:04 AM

I collect dolls from the countries I visit. I will be in Phnom Penh for a day and then in Siem Reap for a few days mid November. Are there any markets or stores in these two cities where I can purchase these types of dolls. Thanks for all your help!

• schurman23's Profile Photo

Siem reap to Bangkok

by schurman23 Online Now Jul 28, 2011 at 8:46 PM

What is the easiest route from Siem reap to Bangkok? Ive read about the Siem Reap(taxi)-Poipet(bus)-Aranyaprathet(train)-Bangkok route is it safe and how long would it take for me from sieam reap to bangkok using this route or any other route?

4 Answers Jul 31, 2011 at 9:10 PM
    • schurman23's Profile Photo

Vietnam-Siem Reap-Bangkok Travel

by schurman23 Online Now Jul 27, 2011 at 7:16 AM

Im planning to travel Vietnam-Siem Reap-Bangkok this August for 7 days, do you have any tips on how to plan my itinerary, especially with Vietnam (i dont have specific plans yet how many days and what places should i visit in HCMC before heading to siem reap)???

6 Answers Aug 8, 2011 at 8:08 PM
    • YikHin's Profile Photo

Holiday

by YikHin Online Now Dec 15, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Hi...I am a student currrently planning a holiday trip to Siem Reap.
      We plan to go on Jan 10 2011.
      However, my uncle told me that his friend just got home from Siem Reap for holidays..
      He said that the enterance to Angkor Wat is closed. We are only able to view the complex from the enterance and we will not be allowed to enter the complex
      Is it true?
      Can someone inform me about the real situation?
      If I am not able to visit the complex, then it will be pointless for me to make a trip there.
      Thanks

3 Answers Dec 16, 2010 at 12:13 AM
    • guo_mei_xin's Profile Photo

re: angkor temples

by guo_mei_xin Online Now Dec 4, 2010 at 7:43 PM

We're going to Angkor temples from Feb22-25. I do have several questions:

1) Let's say budget is no problem, is it better to hire taxi or tuktuk? I know the weather will be hot, but what about the wind? I've been to places where even thought it's really sunny, the wind is a bit cool. So if that's the case, we'll just take tuktuk. But if it's really sunny and the wind is also very hot, then we plan to take a taxi.

2) Re: the tour guide, is it a must to hire one for us to able to enjoy & understand the temples? Or we can survive with having Angkor Temples guide book?

Thanks!

11 Answers Jan 23, 2011 at 10:00 PM
    • guo_mei_xin's Profile Photo

whole day for angkor temples?

by guo_mei_xin Online Now Nov 18, 2010 at 6:41 AM

For my February trip:

OPTION 1:
      Day 1 - 7:50am - arrival at Siam Reap airport
      - land mine museum, lunch, angkor temples (for sunset view)
      - dinner, night market sleep early
      Day 2 - early morning for sunrise view at angkor
      - whole day angkor or nearby temples
      Day 3 - 6am - off to siam reap airport

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OPTION 2: (got this from someone who posted on this forum)
      Day 1 - 7:50am - arrival at Siam Reap airport
      - Baksei Chamkrong, Angkor Thom, the Bayon, the Baphuon, Phimeanakas,
      Terrace of the Elephants, Chau Say Tevoda, Thommanon, Eastern Baray, Ta
      Prohm and Banteay Kdei;
      Day 2 - (sunrise view) Angkor Wat, Banteay Srei, palm sugar making, Banteay
      Samre and Eastern Mebon
      Day 3 - 6am - off to siam reap airport

----------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Which Option is better? Or do you guys have any other suggestions? I'm open to any.

2) About the land mine museum, I'm still having second thought of going there because I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. Anybody been there recently?

3) for the sunrise and sunset view, is there any specific temple that has the best view for sunrise or sunset? Or I can just go to any temple?

4) for Option 2, on Day 1, can I go to all the places considering we'll just be arriving in siam reap airport at 7:50am?

5) Is it better to have packed lunch and eat it on the angkor grounds, or go back to the hotel to have lunch?

Thanks so much!

11 Answers Jan 15, 2011 at 9:34 AM
    • Ankor Wat tickets

by Chandresh1 Online Now Oct 22, 2010 at 9:24 AM

Who receives the funds from the tickets purchased to visit Ankor Wat. Please give names of specific entities, persons etc as applicable.

8 Answers Oct 23, 2010 at 7:12 AM
    • Saigon to Angkor Wat

by marciagreenwald Online Now Oct 16, 2010 at 5:21 PM

My friend and I (2 women) will be in Saigon mid December and would like to go
      to Angkor Wat. We have only 3 days, including travel time. Is that enough time
      assuming we will fly? Can we get a flight from Saigon to Siem Reap and back
      to Saigon?
      Should we make any arrangements before time, or just wing it when we get to
      Saigon? Thanks.

4 Answers Oct 18, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    • Angkor Wot October 2010

by barclayk Online Now Sep 10, 2010 at 10:23 PM

I am planning to go to Angkor Wat in October but have heard via a (very long) grapevine it is closed to visitors - can anyone confirm this or tell me what the story is?

3 Answers Sep 18, 2010 at 11:04 PM
    • guerl83's Profile Photo

Siem Riep?

by guerl83 Online Now Jul 18, 2010 at 2:05 AM

Hi all,

Any suggestions on what to do, where to go besides visiting Angkor Wat from 17-20 Aug?

CHeers

8 Answers Aug 17, 2010 at 7:57 AM
    • mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

How many days in Siem Reap and Angkor?

by mikelisaanna Online Now Jul 14, 2010 at 11:31 PM

We would like to visit the Angkor temple ruins on our vacation. We are a family of 3 (mom, dad, 9 year-old child). We love history and want to explore a lot of the temples at Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Ta Prohm, etc. We would also like to spend a day or two doing something else for a change of pace. We are thinking that 5 or 6 day stay in Siem Reap would give us enough time to get our fill of temples without killing ourselves, and still give us a day or two to see some other sights as well. DOes that sound reasonable? With a 9-year old, we would rather spend less than a full day sightseeing and get in a little pool time each day to keep her happy and enthusiastic. Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

8 Answers Aug 17, 2010 at 8:25 AM
    • Advice Needed for Angkor Wat Visit

by Frenny Online Now Jun 30, 2010 at 6:00 AM

Hello Forum Friends,

I intend to visit Angkor Wat in Sept but I guess I will only be able to allot 2 days for it. So some questions prior to planning the trip:

1. Will I be able to see the good sights in 2 days? If yes, can you share with me what are the best sites I can squeeze in the 2 days?

2. Any recommendations on a clean, affordable hotel near Angkor Wat?

3. What is the best (affordable and practical) way or mode of transport to go around SR in 2 days?

4. If you can share interesting local dishes to try

5. Any bazaars or flea markets in AW that have good souvenirs or local handicraft?

Will truly appreciate your advise. Thanks in advance!

8 Answers Jul 2, 2010 at 7:26 AM
    • Angkor Wat

by bill4472 Online Now May 1, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Planning to travel in August or September 2010. Understand it is the wet season & know it is always hot. Can any members comment on this plan? Any input would be appreciated.

9 Answers Jun 2, 2010 at 10:34 PM
    • Angkor Wat Entrance Pass

by dream89 Online Now Apr 23, 2010 at 8:10 AM

If we purchase the entrance pass at the evening 5pm and we manage to go in and see the sunset. For the next day if we want to see the sunrise in Angkor Wat, do we have to purchase another 1 day pass? or the pass that we purchased evening before can be use till the next day?

5 Answers May 20, 2010 at 8:05 AM
    • angkor wat to surin

by vtecturbo Online Now Apr 9, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Hi

It is possible to travel to thailand province Surin from Angkor wat area??

How long it takes by car? or other mode of transportation?

Thks!

1 Answer Apr 10, 2010 at 6:35 AM
    • seeking for some information about Kbal Spean

by ashfishbone Online Now Mar 26, 2010 at 9:37 PM

I 'm planning to visit Kbal Spean in May. I thought it would be nice to walk along a small stream, but after reading a guide book,(...the river deepens...change to swimwear, take a shower under the waterfall...), I am a bit concerned. I am fit enough to walk for a while, but not a tomb raider.
      How deep the river can be? Is there any option not to cross the river or the waterfall? Is it better to join a tour or safe enough for a couple of travellers? Any information is welcome.

thanks

5 Answers Apr 2, 2010 at 2:24 PM
    • sha55's Profile Photo

Malaria

by sha55 Online Now Feb 1, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Hi I seem to have read so many conflicting answers to take or not take malaria tabs. We are going on a tour, Firstly to Vietnam which I think is safe. Then to Angor Wat....any suggestions tips please?
      I would hate to take them if not necessary. On the other hand malaria is so nasty.....

17 Answers Mar 7, 2010 at 1:43 PM
    • Angkor Wat undergoing Renovations?

by happyshirt Online Now Jan 31, 2010 at 4:14 AM

Hello there, my plan is to visit Angkor 1st wk of March. But i just read a post somewhere there Angkor is undergoing major renovations which kinda spoils the photog opps. I'm having to go solo cos my travel buddy had to back out and am wavering should i go in March or wait til later I'd like to take photos and if there is scafolding then maybe i'll hold off on my visit.
      Anyone been there recently and care to comment?

Thanks.

9 Answers Feb 10, 2010 at 7:36 PM
    • Tuk tuk driver

by janetlee Online Now Dec 14, 2009 at 3:04 AM

We (2 persons) are going to Siem Reap next week. We need a tuk tuk for 4 days. Can anyone recommend a good tuk tuk driver(preferably he knows little English) for us? How much is the daily charge? Thanks!

8 Answers Jan 13, 2010 at 8:58 AM
    • Siem Reap to Phnom Penh

by rachellow Online Now Nov 15, 2009 at 11:18 PM

We are planning to go Phnom Penh on the mid March 2010. Can anyone advice us which budget hostel is the best and save to stay? During our visit at all the tourist place, can we wear short pant as we understand that the weather will be very hot and sunny during that period.

5 Answers Dec 31, 2009 at 9:08 AM
    • jimbolta's Profile Photo

Travelling overland from Aranya Prather to Siem Preap/Angkor Wat

by jimbolta Online Now Nov 5, 2009 at 5:51 PM

I am planning to travel from Aranya Prather (Thailand) to Siem Preap/Angkor Wat around the 20th/21st December with my girlfriend. I was just wondering how easy this is to do and if there are any dangers to be aware of. Any help would be much appreciated.

6 Answers Dec 8, 2009 at 4:31 PM
    • btin's Profile Photo

Angkor Wat - Best Period to go?

by btin Online Now Oct 11, 2009 at 3:51 AM

Hey hiii all...

I m always amazed by magnificant Angkor Wat..
      Any idea when is the best period to visit?
      Some says around Dec - Feb..
      Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance..

Regards/Christine

26 Answers Jan 4, 2010 at 1:46 PM
    • HCMC to Bangkok via Angkor Wat

by flexicat Online Now Oct 8, 2009 at 3:27 AM

Hello. Anyone help with timescales for bus/train/taxi from Saigon to Bangkok, taking in Angkor Wat. We only have maximum of four days to complete this segment, so just wondering if we're being silly even to contemplate it and maybe we should get a flight from SGN to REP or REP to BKK.
      Ta.
      xxx

3 Answers Oct 8, 2009 at 2:59 PM
    • Angkor Wat open on January 1, 2010?

by elasticgirl Online Now Sep 14, 2009 at 5:58 AM

We are traveling to Thailand and Cambodia during December and our travel schedule has us arriving in Siem Reap on December 31st. We were planning to visit Angkor Wat on January 1st, but are unsure as to whether it will be open to tourists or closed for a national holiday. Could someone please let us know if we should change our travel plans.

1 Answer Sep 14, 2009 at 9:11 AM
    • doccambel's Profile Photo

angkor wat

by doccambel Online Now Sep 13, 2009 at 12:54 AM

I plan to go to angkor wat in siem reap cambodia, from Bangkok early next year, with my wife. Can you please advise me how to get there via land trip. Details, like, what to ride, how much is the fare, etc. tnanks so much

5 Answers Sep 14, 2009 at 12:36 AM
    • Preah Vihear

by kyleaz Online Now Sep 7, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Does anyone know of a guide to take us to Preah Vihear? How long does it take to get there from Siem Reip and how much should it cots?
      kyle

9 Answers Sep 12, 2009 at 6:18 AM
    • Siem Riep to Kanchanaburi

by kyleaz Online Now Sep 7, 2009 at 9:30 PM

After spending time in Siem Riep we would like to go to Kanchanaburi. Do we have to go to Bangkok and then north to Kanchanaburi or is there somewhere were we can get a train or bus so we don't have to backtrack to Bangkok?
      Thank you,
      kyle

2 Answers Sep 8, 2009 at 1:43 AM