Andorra la Vella Travel Answers

change location

How to get to Andorra

by RaquelDummar Online Now Aug 23, 2009 at 11:24 AM

I`m goig to Barcelona in december, in the winter. Is there a train from Barcelona to Andorra? If there isn`t, how is the best way to go there by car or by plane? Is it Andorra a nice place to visit or is better to stay in Barcelona for a few more days?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

Re: How to get to Andorra

by ViajesdelMundo Online Now Aug 23, 2009 at 12:00 PM

We spent a week in the Spanish Pyrenees this Spring and drove into Andorra for the day. There is no train service there; one must go by road or fly. If you decide to go and drive, be cautious, as when you approach (there is only one road coming fr Spain), there may be a speed trap around the corner; just after the signage has suddenly dropped. Even though we were in a long line of traffic, we were fined, as were many others.

For myself, if you are only going there to add it to the list of countries visited, you won't miss much. The people were nice at the tourist office (one hopes!!) and we had a great lunch, but the capital IS very congested and driving can be somewhat of a chore.
    Again, IMO, you won't miss anything for just a day's overview.

If in Barcelona longer, presumably you would get to Girona?? very interesting and may be worth an overnight, or nearby sea town of TOSSA.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

by qaminari Online Now Aug 23, 2009 at 12:22 PM

No there is no train, and neither can you fly as there isn't an airport. The closest railway stations are in France, from Barcelona you can take a bus, these are from Barcelona airport: andorra.com/uk/comunica/hora... or Alsa buses leave from the Estacion de Autobuses Barcelona Nord, see http://www.alsa.es/portal/site/Alsa (and barcelonaconnect.com/showlis...
    See also Andorra Transportation

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

by ViajesdelMundo Online Now Aug 23, 2009 at 12:27 PM

HA! thanks for the correction!! would you believe I checked some info on Wikitravel and thought I saw a mention of flying in.........sorry 'bout that!

• Ouliana's Profile Photo

by Ouliana Online Now Aug 24, 2009 at 10:51 PM

We have traveled to Andorra from Barcelona by car using the Google rout planner, it was very simple way. And we just loved the country! But.. it was in summer.. It was quiet and reletivly chip (remember it was summer, I think in winter it should be overcrowded and overvalued!). The question is it worth going there or not is not comlicated: if you like beautiful nature and are interested in skiing so you surely should go, if you are mostly interested in sightseen there is nothing to see at all, I agree.
    If you go by car mind the parking rouls! we have been fined for wrong parking (less then 10 minites absence!) for 30 euros!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines