Andorra la Vella Travel Answers

change location

Where live the rich "Andorrians"?

by MarcoB999 Online Now Feb 23, 2007 at 7:36 AM

Hi,I´m new here

Does anybody know,where the rich Anorrians live?Do they have rich suburbs like Beverly Hills or Malibu in the USA for example?I treid to search for real estates but I could only find small,little appartments,not very nice.Could anybody name some of the rich areas?Thank you all!

best regards,Marco999

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • orlikins's Profile Photo

RE: Where live the rich "Andorrians"?

by orlikins Online Now Feb 23, 2007 at 7:52 AM

I don't suppose you have been there yet? :)
    They don't have real estate in the American sense of having vast ranches of land. Andorra is a tiny mountainous country, it simply does not have that kind of space. I guess the ski resort villages would be considered lucrative, e.g. Arinsal and Soldeu.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • orlikins's Profile Photo

RE: Where live the rich "Andorrians"?

by orlikins Online Now Feb 23, 2007 at 7:52 AM

I don't suppose you have been there yet? :) It is a lovely country.
    They don't have real estate in the American sense of having vast ranches of land. Andorra is a tiny mountainous country, it simply does not have that kind of space. I guess the ski resort villages would be considered lucrative, e.g. Arinsal and Soldeu.

• RE: Where live the rich "Andorrians"?

by MarcoB999 Online Now Feb 23, 2007 at 8:02 AM

I dont wan´t to compare the USA estates of rappers for example to estates in Andorra.I just wnated to give an example for places where rich people live(Beverly Hills f.e.).I´m sure the rich Andorrians live in prestige houses.I didn´t say that they are that big than the american ones,but I´m sure they exist.Do you have an idea where these privileged areas are?

best regards

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

RE: RE: RE: Where live the rich "Andorrians"?

by Belsaita Online Now Mar 3, 2007 at 2:14 AM

Usually they have the "dayly" apartment/house close their bussines place (it does not to have to be tiny, there are apartments costing a few millions of euros there). And their "other" house(s) probably out of Andorra (Have you see the mansions in La Cerdanya?? I hear there are quite a few rich Andorrans there). Or maybe a huge apartment in the middle of Barcelona. In any case, you cannot compare with the US. For instance many VERY rich people from barcelona does not live in a suburb, it's a question of culture. They may prefer to live in the city. A few days ago I saw an ad of a new apartments building, prices starting at 1.5 M euro (the smallest), located near Plaça Catalunya.

Besides, if you are Andorran and have the money, you don't need to use a real state agency. Why? The country is tiny, so you know wich houses are on sale, or better enough, where to build a new one. Or a old house to restore. There are beutiful huge houses in most mountain towns. No posh suburbs. Generally spaking, rich Catalans do not like to flash their money.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines