Andong

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Taxi fare in Jeju Island

Jeju (city) Yesterday

How much does take fare from Amber Hotel Jeju to Jungang Underground Shopping Center?

more
    • 6-night visit in Seoul, Jinju and Tea Plantation - what would be the best itinerary?

South Korea Jul 22, 2015 at 6:10 AM

Hello everyone, After our vacation in Japan, my husband and I plan to fly on Oct 1 out of Osaka for a 6-night stay in Korea - going back home from Seoul on Oct 7.

In Korea, while our time is flexible, we wish: 1/ to spend one night in Jinju during the lantern festival from 10/1-10/13(?) 2/ a day trip to Boseong to the green tea plantation 3/ and the rest of time in Seoul - (4 or 3 nights - in Seoul).

What would be the best route / itinerary from Osaka on Oct 1? We came across many discounted flights - about $70 - on Oct 1st from Osaka to either Busan - arriving in Busan around 3:30 PM (we would need to catch a bus to Jinju) or from Osaka to Seoul.

Should we proceed to Boseong after our night in Jinju if yes, how? we could not seem to find any direct buses from Jinju to Boseong, ( to Gwangju - yes!) or should we plan on an independent day tour from Seoul to Boseong? is there any side trip from Seoul to Boseong?. Lodging / transportation in Boseong seems to be limited and we would not want to be "stuck" in the middle of "nowhere" after our tour to the tea plantation. Unfortunately, driving is not an option for both of us.

Sorry for the lengthy note with so many questions....Thanks a bunch for any input!

more
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

NY Eve 2015 Near Market - Any good places to eat and celebrate?

Seoul Jul 14, 2015 at 1:56 PM

My wife and I are stopping over New Years eve this year and I have booked a hotel 5 minutes from the market. Can anyone recommend places to eat good local food and maybe somewhere we we can celebrate NYE ? We stay in the Namsam City Hotel near Namdaemun market

Booking.com recommends :- Odarizup, Aesung Hoigwan, Korea Ginseng Chicken Soup (a name of a restaurant ??!!!), Saffron and 70's Radio

Also will the market be open that night and NY day?

It would be great to eat somewhere local and see the NY in, in style

more
    • autumn918's Profile Photo

Happy guesthouse in andong

by autumn918 Online Now Apr 20, 2015 at 2:13 AM

I read very good review about this guesthouse on tripadviser.
      However, I could not find any online websites to book it?
      Does anybody stay here before? Do I need to call to book instead?
      Can I email them?

Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 20, 2015 at 6:28 AM
    • Hapkido School

by AndongHapkidoStudent Online Now Mar 11, 2015 at 2:33 AM

I just moved to Andong and am living in Jeongha-dong. I would really like to train in Hapkido while I'm here. Would anybody be able to recommend a school near me? I'm also considering Taekwondo if I can not find a Hapkido school that works for me, so I would love suggestions for Taekwondo schools as well.

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Mar 11, 2015 at 8:20 AM
    • Bus from Gyeongju to Andong?

by guder Online Now Jul 2, 2013 at 6:30 PM

We will be traveling from Gyeongju to Andong on a Sunday in August, and we're wondering if bus would be the best option? (It seems there are only a few trains/day to Andong from Gyeongju. ) Do intercity buses have limited hours on Sunday?
      Also, if anyone knows how frequently buses depart from Andong toward Yeondeok, that would be helpful! I can't seem to find any bus timetables in English online.
      Thanks.

3 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 3:37 AM
    • PacmanP's Profile Photo

Need to rent a car in Andong

by PacmanP Online Now May 9, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I cannot find a car rental company in Andong. Someone mentioned that there is one in the Bus Terminal.
      Does anyone know what it is and how I can contact them to reserve a vehicle?

Thanks

1 Answer May 10, 2013 at 4:10 AM
    • cattyksp's Profile Photo

places to put luggage

by cattyksp Online Now Apr 27, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Is there a place in Andong to temporarily put luggage while go visiting places?

• Getting around in Andong

by yow01 Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM

We plan to make our way from Gyeongju to Andong by train or bus. Which is the better option?

I know the intercity bus station is no longer in downtown Andong but is it still located in a central area? Are there many accommodation options around the bus terminal or is it better to stay near the train station?

Do the buses leaving for the sights around Andong depart near the train station or the bus terminal? Alot of information I have found on the net is outdated and am not sure whether the posts I have been reading refer to the old bus station or new bus station.

Is one night enough to see the Andong sights or would that be too rushed seeing the buses seem to come far and few in between. The main attractions we are interested to see are Hahoe Folk Villiage and the two Confucius School.

We need to leave for Sokcho at 9.20am the next day from the bus station.

Driving is not an option. There are 5 adults and 2 young kids. Are there limousine taxis in Andong?

• ArnuparpL's Profile Photo

Andong hotels

by ArnuparpL Online Now Oct 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I saw many information about Andong city and reviews of Andong hotels. Anyway, I cannot find how to book a room. I would like to stay overnight on October 10, 2012 at Andong during my transit to Seoul. It would be kind if anyone could inform me how to access hotels in Andong and how to reserve it. Thank you so much.

1 Answer Oct 3, 2012 at 7:16 AM
    • Travelling to Andong

by cyc_827 Online Now Mar 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM

We will be taking the express bus from Dongseoul bus station to Andong in April. Need some help re the following queries:
      1) Understand from some sources, that there is a new bus terminus in Andong, which is about 20 to 30mins out of town. Is this correct?
      2) How is the bus connection from this new bus terminus to town and Andong Hotel (former California Hotel).
      3) We will be having our luggage bags, so may have to look at taxi. Roughly how much will it cost per taxi.
      4) What about the bus to Hahoe village? Is it from the new bus terminus or from a bus-stop near Andong train station?

• Travelling to Andong

by cyc_827 Online Now Feb 3, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Hope to get some help re travelling to Andong. Wondering if it is more convenient to travel to Andong from Seoul or Busan. More concern with the ease of transport either by bus or train rather than cost.

We can then decide to set up base at either Seoul or Busan, leaving our luggage at the lodging place. And do a 2 day 1 night trip to Andong.

4 Answers Feb 4, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    • Hotels in Andong

by ehj11 Online Now Mar 15, 2009 at 5:21 PM

The the Tourist Hotel the best that Andong was to offer? Should we just walk around to the Love Motels for the night?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2009 at 12:59 AM
    • seoul? or incheon? to andong

by barong Online Now Aug 10, 2007 at 4:06 AM

I'm arriving at Incheon Intl airport at 9pm,Oct.5. Any buses or trains to Andong leaving midnight or later. Should I go to Incheon or Seoul? I want to get to Andong early morning.

2 Answers Aug 10, 2007 at 6:37 PM