Andong Travel Answers

change location

Travelling to Andong

by cyc_827 Online Now Feb 3, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Hope to get some help re travelling to Andong. Wondering if it is more convenient to travel to Andong from Seoul or Busan. More concern with the ease of transport either by bus or train rather than cost.

We can then decide to set up base at either Seoul or Busan, leaving our luggage at the lodging place. And do a 2 day 1 night trip to Andong.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • DSwede's Profile Photo

Re: Travelling to Andong

by DSwede Online Now Feb 3, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Andong is north of Deagu and there is no real express connection from either Seoul or from Busan. Most frequent and express connections are through Daegu. Therefore I have to say, it is not really that convenient from either.

By bus:
    To/From Seoul - you can find a direct bus between Andong and Seoul (I believe from Dong-Seoul station). It goes perpendicular to the mountain ranges, so it may look shorter on a map, but takes a while.
    To/From Busan - you will have to transfer in Deagu.

By train:
    From either Busan or Seoul by train, you will have to transfer Dong-Deagu.

Buses are more frequent and cheaper, but you cannot get up and walk around to stretch your legs. Train schedules are a bit more limited, but are more comfortable than the bus.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Travelling to Andong

by cyc_827 Online Now Feb 4, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Thank you so much for clearing up our doubts.

Hope you can help further. If travelling from Busan by express bus and want to transfer straight to Andong:
    - after arrival in Daegu, is the transfer via the same bus station to Andong?
    - how frequent is the bus from Daegu to Andong?
    - does the bus from Daegu to Andong have a luggage compartment below for our luggages?

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Re: Travelling to Andong

by DSwede Online Now Feb 4, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Yes, you will transfer from the same bus terminal in Daegu. But if you are starting in Busan, ask the ticket agent anyway since there may by chance be a direct bus that I don't know about.

I can't say with exact certainty, but buses on that route operate about every hour.

The buses do have a baggage compartment below, but you will likely be the only passenger with luggage. What that means is that the drivers are not typically in the habit of opening it. Simply remind them and they will help.

• Re: Travelling to Andong

by cyc_827 Online Now Feb 4, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Thank you so much for all the help, Dave

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines