Andalucía Travel Answers

change location
ozalp's Profile Photo

How about the itinerary?

by ozalp Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 12:33 AM

We'll be in Andalucia between 23rd and 30th of April. Flying to Malaga at 13.30, renting a car, driving directly to Ronda. We'll have same time there and go to Sevilla without staying. We will stay 3 nights in Sevilla, 2 nights in Cordoba and 2 nights in Granada. We'll check-out in the morning of 30th and go to Malaga to catch the plane at 14.10.

Is this a good itinerary? Do you have any additional recommendations?

I wanted to write our visiting lists, too, but they are too long. Cathedrals, Synagouges, Mezquita, Alhambra our main goals.

BTW, how long does it take to visit Alhambra? Should we spare a whole day? Do you recommend an additional visit at night?

Thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Mozumbus's Profile Photo

Re: How about the itinerary?

by Mozumbus Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 12:37 AM

"Is this a good itinerary?" Yes "BTW, how long does it take to visit Alhambra? Should we spare a whole day? Do you recommend an additional visit at night?" effectively, it is the whole day even if there are 2 daytime slots. I would go with the morning one and will time Nasrid Palace not too early. I would have done the additional Night Trip (which is without the Nasrid Palace) if time had permitted. in between the two trips you would like to have a nab to overcome the lost energy in the morning trip.

I assume you already know the importance of booking Alhambar ticket well in advance - almost a must.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • vtveen's Profile Photo

by vtveen Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 12:52 AM

My personal opinion:
    I would spend one night in Ronda instead of driving the same day from Malaga to Ronda and further to Sevilla. Total driving time is at least 3 hours, without any sightseeing. For Ronda - lovely town - you need at least a couple of hours.

Alhambra: we did it in a halfday, which was enough for us. We had time for other sites in Granada, like the cathedral and Mirador St. Nicolas.

happy travels
    Jaap

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I think you should give Malaga a day aswell.
    It's very underated because it's near places like Granada and Sevilla but there is really a lot to see and it's a city with a very nice vibe.

1 member found this helpful

• Luckell's Profile Photo

by Luckell Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I think
    your itinerary sounds pretty good. Ronda is adorable and Sevilla ,Cordoba and Granada also. Specially Granada is a beautiful city. I can tell you more about the Alhambra because I was there a month ago. The area is very big and there is a lot to see. The time you spend there depends totally how interested you are. We were there for a couple of hours and we saw almost everything and took it pretty easy. One thing is important. When we bought tickets we could only buy for four hours. So I think the rule is that you may not stay more than four hours. Then you have to buy new tickets if you want to stay longer.That is because there is so much people.We went to Alhambra early in the morning (well, maybe 9 o'clock) because they have a limit in how many people they can let see the Alhambra per day and there is really a lot of tourists. Depends pretty much on the weather if you want to stay longer or a shorter time. If you go in the morning when it's not too hot you can stay until lunchtime and then take the bus down to the city and eat on a cozy restaurant. I would maybe not recommend that you go twice (that's though up to you), but to visit the Alhambra during daytime and then go up to a vantage point near Alhambra in the night to see Granada and Alhambra, that sounds like a good idea. It's beautiful. The architecture and the garden in Alhambra is really worth seeing so I wish you all the best. One thing not everybody knows about Granada is that it's the only city in Spain were the restaurants gives you tapas for free if you buy a drink. Every restaurant has its own tapas so what is very nice to do in the evning, is to walk around in Granada, buying drinks in many restaurants and eating the tapas they serve you for free there. It's a recommended thing to do!

1 member found this helpful

• ozalp's Profile Photo

by ozalp Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Hi folks! Thank you so much for the answers.
    Thanks for the info Jaap. I would expect some sightseeing on the road... If we leave the airport at 14.00, we could be at Ronda at 17.00 and we will still have time to see the city.
    Luckell, thanks for the detailed information. It’s been a huge help.
    And thanks Mozumbuz, for your support.
    Claus, I thought that you also support the idea staying at Ronda for one night. What are the main attractions of Ronda and Malaga that you recommend to stay there? Since our tickets are already fixed, our days are limited and adding new places means we won’t stay in Sevilla or Cordoba as much as we planned.
    What about staying at Malaga for one night and see the attractions+following day to Sevilla via Ronda?
    If we add another city to our accommodation list, which one is better:
    1 night in Malaga+2 in Sevilla+2 in Cordoba+2 in Granada
    or
    1 in Malaga+3 in Sevilla+1 in Cordoba+2 in Granada?

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I would recommend an overnight stay in Malaga as it's a very lively place in the evening opposed to Ronda which is more quiet.
    Ronda is well worth a visit as it's a pretty little town with a stunning setting on top a very steep cliff that has it's own bloody history to it relating to the spanish civil war.

But you can see the most important things in ronda in half a day if you ask me.

• vtveen's Profile Photo

by vtveen Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 8:19 AM

For Ronda:
    Puente Nuovo (New Bridge), also have a look from the view point Arco del Cristo;
    Palacio Mondragon, Iglesia de Santa Maria la Mayor, Ayuntamiento, Banos Arabes;
    Puerta de Almocabar and Puerta de Carlos V;
    Eventually Plaza del Toros.
    But there is a lot more to see !!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Andalucía Travel Answer Locations