Travel Answers
Åndalsnes

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How to arrange a hike on a glacier from various ports? How to travel from Olden to Hellesytt

Geiranger Apr 11, 2014 at 4:12 PM

We will be traveling to western Norway from May 17-May 25th.
      Our ports are Skjolden,Flam,Olden,Alesund and Stavanger.

I have booked Ferry passage to Gudvangen from Flam to see the Naeroyfjord. we will return by bus and hopefully take the Flam rail to Mydal and back to Flam

I booked a cruise through the Stavanger Archipelago into the Lysefjord.

I am wondering if I should try to go to find our way to Hellesytt so we can cruise Geiranger. is this possible from Olden? we will only be in port from 8-5

We would also like the opportunity to have a guided tour on a glacier and or kayak on a glacial lake. Perhaps from our stop in Skjolden (Nigard/Jostedal glacier) or in Olden (Briksdal Glacier) The cruise ship offers on trips to only view the glacier.

This might limit my opportunity to travel to Geiranger. Perhaps next trip? So much to see and experience.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

more
    • Glenda530's Profile Photo

Kristiansund tour

Kristiansund Apr 4, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Is it possible to do a trip ourselves without using the cruise tour which are very expensive? Also is there any shopping available in the city? Thank you

more
    • Kayaks for Rent

by edflom Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 4:15 AM

Where can we rent a kayak in Andalsnes in the summer (July 1)?

1 Answer Feb 26, 2014 at 4:40 AM
    • Night bus from Åndalsnes to Oslo

by Ricer82 Online Now Jul 24, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I see from a previous post there is a night bus from Oslo to Åndalsnes,... But I cant find one from Åndalsnes to Oslo... I am looking to travel back this Saturday evening. Does anyone know a bus company which provide this service? Thank you :)

2 Answers Jul 24, 2012 at 8:23 AM
    • Åndalsnes hikes

by Psogge Online Now Jun 23, 2012 at 10:19 PM

We are going on a trip to Norway soon and will spend a few days in Åndalsnes during the Mountain Festival. We are a Californian family, often hike in Yosemite and hills around the Bay area- we would like a recommendation for a good hike with very beautiful vistas. I have visited, reviewed and translated all the descriptions of hike on the festival website - but as I do not know the area, it is hard to know true difficulty and distance of each hike. What sort of mountain experience is really required?
      For example:
      norskfjellfestival.no/progra...

1 Answer Jun 24, 2012 at 12:54 AM
    • Åndalsnes to Geiranger

by yslai1222 Online Now Feb 20, 2012 at 6:26 PM

hi,
      we'll arrive Andalsnes 20:00 6/9/2012.(airplane arrival time is 07:30 and the railway is around 14:00) is it possible to go to Geiranger on 6/9 as well? If yes, please let me know the time table and the kind of transportation(bus, ferry...). Is there a taxi service ? If yes, how much may cost ? If both of above are not available, what's your suggestions and time to go to Geirange? Thanks in advance for your hands! :)

6 Answers Feb 21, 2012 at 8:17 PM
    • Day trip Trondheim - Åndalsnes - Trondheim

by B9948 Online Now Dec 3, 2011 at 9:37 PM

I will be staying in Trondheim in June, and would like to take the train from Dombås to Åndalsnes to see the scenery, and then return to Trondheim the same day.

Would it be feasible to take the train from Trondheim to Åndalsnes and then return to Trondheim the same day via the coastal ferry? ( I am thinking that this would be more interesting than simply taking the train back to Trondheim. )

Or would it be better just to take the train back to Trondheim?

5 Answers Dec 4, 2011 at 8:05 PM
    • One way car rental

by nomikay Online Now Aug 2, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I am looking at driving a rental car from Bergen to Andalsnes area. I have just learned of the 2700kr one way drop fee in addition to the rental cost. Is there any way to get around this? We were hoping to drive and spend a night along the way but perhaps we should look for a different option for getting there. We will be using the car in the Andalsnes area for a week after arriving. Any creative ideas out there? Thanks.

• Transportation Molde to Andalsnes

by nomikay Online Now Jul 10, 2011 at 11:31 AM

I'm wondering about turning in a rental car in Molde and then getting to Andalsnes to take the train to Oslo. Is there a bus? Thanks

3 Answers Jul 11, 2011 at 10:51 AM
    • Driving Innfjorden to Molde

by nomikay Online Now Jul 8, 2011 at 4:14 PM

I will be staying in Innfjorden, driving a rental car to Molde to fly out to Oslo in September. Can you give me approximate driving time to Molde airport or more specifically how early should I leave Innfjorden to catch a 9:30 a.m. flight out of Molde? Thanks so much.

2 Answers Jul 9, 2011 at 12:30 PM
    • Travelling from Aas to Molde

by dahalsantosh Online Now Jun 5, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Dear sir,
      I am a student arriving Aas, Norway shortly. I have my relatives at Molde. I would like to visit them upon my arrival. What is the best way of travelling from Aas to molde and how much approximately would it cost me?
      Thank you.

7 Answers Jun 7, 2011 at 10:57 PM
    • How to get from Andalsnes to Molde

by paulahma Online Now Apr 4, 2011 at 1:22 AM

I will be travelling around Norway in a couple of weeks. We will be arriving in Andalsnes a Saturday evening at around 8pm on the train from Dombas, and I need to get to Molde to rent a car, how can I get to Molde? Is there a good bus service? how often/late does the ferry run? We will be travelling with a baby, so we can't hurry too much...

Thank you very much for your help!!

2 Answers Apr 13, 2011 at 2:31 PM
    • travel costs

by tpjacobs Online Now Aug 1, 2010 at 4:54 AM

Could you confirm the cost of a bus ticket one way, from Andalsnes to Molde on 14th August. In the afternoon please.

Thank You Tony Jacobs

1 Answer Aug 1, 2010 at 8:55 AM