Ancona

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Taxi tours to Conero Coast

by jameslmorrison1 Online Now Apr 18, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Are there taxi tours to the Conero coast including Sirolo and Numana? If so, what is the approximate cost?

• Adriatic part of Italy!

by TravellingCA Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm planning on going to the Adriatic part of Italy in May and was wondering on the ideal location to stay as a base for traveling around the region. I thought about Ancona since it seems quite beautiful in pictures. I don't necessarily need to stay in the city itself since I have a car and can travel around. I would be happy to have a base town from which I can visit beautiful hills/beaches/cute coastal town/charming cities. I'm asking too much I know but I'm taking my mother there for her birthday and want to plan a very nice trip for her!

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Cheers,

TravellingCA

14 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 10:59 PM
    • Karlie85's Profile Photo

Ferry Ancona to Split - passport question

by Karlie85 Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I'll be taking the Blue Line ferry from Ancona to Split this weekend(!).

On their website it says that you go through customs in Ancona.

A bit of a silly question, but will I get a Croatian passport stamp? Either in Ancona or Split.

Thanks!

9 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 11:19 PM
    • AndraV's Profile Photo

Sunday: to get from harbour to the beach

by AndraV Online Now Aug 6, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I will be from 9 am to 2 pm in Ancona on a sunday. I saw that from Ancona Marittima trainstation no train is going on sunday to the Falconara Marittima beach or to Ancona centrale.
      How can I get from the harbour to the Falconara Marittima beach easily and get back before 1 o'clock on a sunday?

6 Answers Aug 10, 2013 at 8:00 AM
    • Shop near ferry in Ancona?

by kwiggett Online Now Aug 6, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I'll be taking the Blue Line ferry from Ancona to Split after arriving from FCO that morning and wonder if there is anywhere to pick up some food/drink for the ferry ride?

• Train to Ferry

by joanne58 Online Now Jul 13, 2013 at 9:23 AM

We are taking the train from Rome to Ancona before departing on a ferry (AFerry) to Zadar. How far is the train station to the departure point of the ferry?

3 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    • Transfer Services to Ancona

by degogirl1 Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Is there any transfer services that can take me from Camerino to Ancona train station

2 Answers Jun 16, 2013 at 2:46 AM
    • nateees's Profile Photo

Train from Ancona to Venice, cannot book and it is only 49 days until our trip

by nateees Online Now Apr 22, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Hi,
      My girlfriend and I have booked a ferry from Split to Ancona, travelling overnight, we arrive into Ancona around 8am.
      The date we arrive into Ancona is the 13th of June, i cant seem to find any sites that will allow me to pre-book a train ticket from Ancona to Venice? It is 49 days away, so i thought i would well and truly be able to book this seeing as it is under 60 days until our departure date. Can anyone suggest why this may be happening?

6 Answers Apr 24, 2013 at 1:28 AM
    • ancona vs pescara

by genebeans Online Now Aug 27, 2012 at 2:52 PM

How far is ancona from pescara and would you recommend it as a nicer place to spend about 10 days. Is there enough to see in the area by private driver.
      Seems like there are many restaurants and picking the hotel closest to the centre seems important- Your help is appreciated.
      Would you choose ancona over pescara and francavilla al mare?Thanks-Gene

3 Answers Aug 28, 2012 at 12:23 PM
    • arrival at ancona harbour by foot

by johniep Online Now Aug 24, 2012 at 4:14 PM

how far is ancona central rail station im on foot and going to Bolonga by train
      or is it better by coach

1 Answer Aug 24, 2012 at 5:54 PM
    • Anocona Airport Bus

by bobfran Online Now Jul 30, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Hi,

I will be arriving at Ancona Airport at 19.00hrs on Friday. Will there be a bus to Ancona Railway Station as the Conero bus timetable shows time at 18.50 as last bus.

Thanks
      Regards
      Robert
      Malta

5 Answers Jul 30, 2012 at 9:33 AM
    • Where to watch the European cup Ancona!

by NTurner30 Online Now Jun 18, 2012 at 4:36 AM

Hi, we've just arrived in Ancona. Staying for a week on the outskirts of the town off the via Pontilungo and really want to watch the football (euro 2012) nearby.

Any suggestions as to where to go? We really would love to watch Italy play tonight, but really need to watch England tomorrow!

All suggestions gratefully received

Natalie

3 Answers Jun 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM
    • public transportation

by BeckyJang Online Now May 29, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Hi,
      Can anyone tell me what is the best way to get from Ancona Airport to Cagli, Le Marche.
      Please give as much details as possible.
      Thanks!

1 Answer May 30, 2012 at 5:33 AM
    • how to get from rome to ancona?

by tiffanyallen1991 Online Now May 16, 2012 at 5:28 AM

hi there just wondering if anyone can help me as im working how much and where do you go to get a train ticket from rome to ancona??

thank you

3 Answers May 16, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    • Best way to get to Portonovo from the Airport

by Teeling Online Now May 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM

What is the best way to travel from Falconara airport to Portonovo?
      How much would a taxi cost for this journey?

2 Answers May 5, 2012 at 10:29 PM
    • aydos's Profile Photo

between ancona and lecce

by aydos Online Now Feb 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I will be visiting my daughter in lecce next week... a friend of mine will be in bosnia...we want to meet in italy (crazy? yes...) he can come to ancona from bosnia by ferry.. where shal we meet? the nicest and most practical spot in the coast (like a midway from lecce to ancona) ?

any ideas for a nice spot to stay and transportation?

thanks

7 Answers Feb 22, 2012 at 6:17 AM
    • Ancona to Venice

by Ngarcia440 Online Now Jul 3, 2011 at 2:22 AM

I am traveling from Ancona to Venice on Friday July 8. I am staying at Best Western Saint'Elena. What train should I take and what station should I get off at?

2 Answers Jul 3, 2011 at 4:58 AM
    • I NEED A HELP !!!!

by justi_mm Online Now Jun 17, 2011 at 1:43 AM

in August I wanna go from Wien to Ancona by trains - can you tell me if it is possible and give me good advice as for the travel ?! thank you :)

6 Answers Jun 17, 2011 at 1:54 PM
    • Train connections

by Terri1943 Online Now May 5, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Is it possible to get to Ancona from Castelfidardo by train ? If not by train , how does one connect between Ancona and Castelfidardo ?

4 Answers Jun 4, 2012 at 5:45 PM
    • How to get from Ancona to Rome

by deidrec1 Online Now Apr 30, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Hi

I arrive in Ancona by ferry on the 5th June at 9am, and i need to get to the main airport in Rome by around 1:30pm. Please can you assist me with what trains to take?

many thanks, Deidre

2 Answers Apr 30, 2011 at 4:25 PM
    • Sangay53's Profile Photo

Train/bus travel

by Sangay53 Online Now Apr 7, 2011 at 12:28 PM

I am arriving in Ancona on June 18th and need to get to Gualdo Tadino that afternoon, preferably by train or bus. I have tried Trenitalia, but with no success so far. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Hilary

2 Answers Apr 7, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    • rior

by rior Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Is it possible to rent a car in Ancona and pick it up near the train station

1 Answer Mar 25, 2011 at 5:51 PM
    • Travelling to Ancona

by margaretquintano Online Now Jan 11, 2011 at 2:12 AM

What is the quickest way to get from Roma to Ancona? My flight arrives in Roma at approximately 13.00 hours. Is there a map which shows where busess from the airport to the trsin station are located?

Thank you

2 Answers Jan 11, 2011 at 7:11 AM
    • Nice town to stay near Ancona

by greenday Online Now Nov 28, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Hi, we are catching the ferry from Ancona to Patras - it leaves 13.30 and we need to be in Ancona at 11.30 to check in (we are told). We don't really want to spend the night in Ancona - we would rather a nice hill town nearby that we can train into Ancona from the next morning. Are there any recommendations? We thought of maybe even staying Verona or Assisi but these seem to be about 3 hrs from Ancona so it may be a bit of a morning rush. We also loved the idea of Spoleto but it is further away. We are coming from Varenna (2nghts), Bergamo (1ngt) and now need another night before Ancona. Any help appreciated.

9 Answers Dec 1, 2010 at 5:55 AM
    • trains!

by amyneilson Online Now Sep 2, 2010 at 6:22 AM

i am going to be in ancona but i need to get to munich on the 17th sept for opening weekend of oktoberfest...are there trains from ancona to munich? or buses? i cant seem to find any?

1 Answer Sep 2, 2010 at 6:28 AM
    • Getting to a beach near Ancona

by Kahrissa Online Now Aug 4, 2010 at 7:16 AM

We arrive via ferry at 8:30am and want to head to Roma but the next train is at 11:30 for 30 eur or 14:00 for 15 eur. We would love to go to a beach for a few hours to save money if possible.

Where is the closest beach in Ancona (any will do) & how long does the bus take from the train station? And what times does it leave and return. Or how close is the beach? Should we catch an taxi direct there and how much would it cost?

My plan... Ferry arrive 8:30am, to trains station with taxi by 9-9:30am. To beach by 10:30. Return to train station at 1300hrs for 2pm train to roma. Feasible??

5 Answers Aug 6, 2010 at 7:46 AM
    • Travel options

by LoisBowden Online Now Mar 25, 2010 at 6:26 AM

WE are arriving in Ancona from Split and need to get to Bellagio in the Lake Como area. Can you please tell me the choices I have to get there

Many thanks
      Lois Bowden

3 Answers Mar 25, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    • Marche coast & cuisine

by jrobin38655 Online Now Feb 7, 2010 at 1:43 PM

3 days in the Marche in June 2010. I would like to have suggestions on accomodations and restaurants in the Marche coastal area to get insight into how the local people live.

Also, suggestions on getting to big seafood markets during market activity.

3 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    • berniel

by berniel Online Now Aug 3, 2009 at 8:18 AM

please help with the best way to transfer from the Ancona rail station to the
      ferry port. Elderly couple with luggage

Thanks

Berniel

3 Answers Aug 5, 2010 at 9:42 AM
    • Trains and rental car locations

by jetlost Online Now Jun 14, 2009 at 11:39 PM

I'm coming in to Ancona from Venice by train. Is there more than one train station? And my rental car location says "downtown". How far away is the rental car pick-up from the train station? Are there any rental car companies that rent directly from the train station?

Please advise.

2 Answers Jun 15, 2009 at 5:08 AM