Anchorage Travel Answers

change location

AlaCan Highway

by crl99645 Online Now Feb 24, 2006 at 1:16 PM

HELP!!!!! I'm driving to Palmer Alaska on Tuesday 02/28/06!! I'm coming from Wenatchee, WA and it's a 45 hour drive (I'll be doing it in 15 hours each day, so 3 days of driving). I'm stopping in Dawson Creek, BC for the first night. I know of 3 hotels there. BUT THEN I CAN'T FIND ANY HOTELS ALONG THE HIGHWAY FOR MY SECOND NIGHT!!! And I do NOT want to sleep in my car along the AlaCan Highway.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY HOTELS ALONG THE ALACAN HIGHWAY?!!??!! PLEASE HELP!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • MTrav's Profile Photo

RE: AlaCan Highway

by MTrav Online Now Feb 24, 2006 at 10:55 PM

I can suggest a fwe hotels for you along the AlCan.

Watson Lake, YT - Hadwens B&B near the Watson Lake airport. Youll have to drive a few miles north from the signpost forest, but its worth it.
    867-536-7055

Burwash Landing, YT - A hotel adjoins the gas station. You cant miss it and they are open year round. There is a restaurant here too.

Tok, AK - Fast Eddies, on the right side of the highway. Easy to find and open all year. They have a decent restaurant too. 907-883-4411

Also, there is a small hotel/gas station along the highway between the Alaska border and Burwash landing. I cant remember the name but its in the Kluane area and they are open in the winter.

I think youll find at least one open hotel in Ft Nelson, Watson Lake, Whitehorse,Haines Junction, and Glennallen, AK. The road can be rough from Haines Junction north. February weather in AK has been mild so far.
    If you dont have one, get a copy of the Milepost www.milepost.com

Have a great drive!
    Mike

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines