change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

Cherry blossoms

Washington D.C. Mar 23, 2015 at 8:31 AM

I will only have a few days in DC. Will I have a chance to see cherry blossoms end Mar/ early Apr? Where can I see them? Thanks

more
    • acloud's Profile Photo

Cherry Blossoms

Washington D.C. Apr 7, 2015 at 6:55 AM

I'm taking my 82 year old mom to DC to see the cherry blossoms April 14. It will be a one day trip,exclusively for the flowers :) . Any suggestions for the best viewing or any tours that would allow her to see the most while walking the least? Also, any Japanese restaurant suggestions near the area?

more
    • CordyM's Profile Photo

Driving from Madison, WI to Washington DC.

Washington D.C. Mar 18, 2015 at 6:42 PM

Looking to drive the last weekend in June to Washington DC from Madison WI. Any suggested stops along the way? Was told to drive this route versus the shorter Chicago route: I-90/39 through Rockford to Bloomington/Normal, I-74 to Indy, I-70 to Washington PA, I-79 to Morgantown WV, I-68 to Hancock MD, then I-70/I-270 into DC.
      Also looking for place to stay downtown - I have a family of 4. Reading about Hotel Harrington, Is that a good place to stay?
      And we could be there through the 4th of July. Is it worth staying in DC for the 4th or should we be heading out town before that. Thanks

more
    • acloud's Profile Photo

How to get around to see the monuments

Washington D.C. Apr 8, 2015 at 8:05 AM

Ill be bringing my mom the DC next week and it's her first time to be in the city. I want her to see all the monuments but, at 82, all the walking won't be possible. I know there are different hop on/off options as far as busses, but does anyone have a recommendation of what might be the best? What about a pedi-cab? I thought that might give us more flexibility. What about the costs of the different options?

more
    • safety issues

by kathleenannmary Online Now Sep 10, 2010 at 7:27 PM

i grew up in southeast DC in the 1960's and would love to come back and visit my old neighborhood near Branch Ave. SE. Is it safe for a white female to visit this area?

2 Answers Oct 3, 2010 at 9:40 PM