change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• public viewing for a german football game

by Kifli Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Hallo !
      we stay the next days in amsterdam. I search a place to watch the german football game at saturday 21.06.2014
      Can you help me
      best regards Manu

more
    • v3tt3lWC's Profile Photo

Good college Bars

by v3tt3lWC Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 5:03 AM

Where are some great bars to visit at night for students?

more
    • Traveling_Duck's Profile Photo

Which neighborhood is the best?

by Traveling_Duck Online Now Jul 4, 2014 at 6:40 AM

We will be visiting Amsterdam for the first week in August, and we would like to rent an apartment. So far, I was able to find nice and convenient properties in Jordaan (Egelantierstraat), in Waterlooplein, in the Old City (Nieuwe Spiegelstraat) and in the Jewish Quarter (Valkenburgerstraat). Which area would be the best to stay in? My husband and me are interested in architecture, art and culture, but we are also foodies. Any suggestions are most welcome! Thank you in advance!

more
    • Where to stay in Amsterdam with car?

by Castellan Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 12:32 PM

We look for a hotel near a P R Parking. We want to use the Public Transportation.
      Hotels located in Arena are they a good option?
      Thank you

more
    • Where can we look the german football game at Saturday, 21.06.2014

by Kifli Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM

We stay the next days in amsterdam.... and we want to see the german footballgame at saturday. Have you public viewing for all games or only the dutch games ?

more
    • cell phone service

by sw22 Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Is buying a local prepaid cell phone the best way to guarantee service?

more
    • acloud's Profile Photo

Honeymoon in Amsterdam

by acloud Online Now Yesterday

As a gift for my son and his bride, I'm planning a trip to Barcelona and Amsterdam the 2nd week in October. Dates are moderately flexible (can't be before the 6th, but after that it's not important), as is the order in which we do things. The basic desire is the spend some time in Barcelona, do an overnight train to Amsterdam, and spend a few days there. we have 7-9 days with which to work. We can start in either city, but more days in Barcelona than Amsterdam. I'm thinking of renting an apt in Amsterdam and a hotel in Spain. I would like for the hotel to be a little more high end, but it doesn't have to be the most luxurious there. Any suggestions on neighborhoods? What about the overnight train? Is that a good idea? I know flying is cheaper, but I think they would enjoy the experience and I'd have to pay for a night's lodging anyway, so it would be about the same. They are not "touristy" travelers. They want local food and feel, museums and to walk the city. Maybe one day on the beach (is that even doable in Oct?).

more
    • Robbinn's Profile Photo

Hotel in down town Amterdam?

by Robbinn Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 6:37 AM

I´m looking for a good hotel in down town Amsterdam.
      Some suggestions cheaper that 100€ per night?
      What is the city tax for accommodate?

more
    • AnaLuiza's Profile Photo

Soccer games on tv

by AnaLuiza Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 3:56 AM

I have some Brazilian friends who woukd like to watch Brazil playing the Soccer World Cup games on tv in Amsterdam. Is there any pub or restaurant where people meet to watch games on tv?
      Thanks for any help.

more
    • july vs. september

by Seipelcnmx Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 7:42 AM

hello,
      is July noticeably busier than September in Amsterdam?
      I imagine since it is a big city, perhaps it doesn't matter?
      Thank You

more
    • acloud's Profile Photo

Honeymoon in Amsterdam

by acloud Online Now Yesterday

As a gift for my son and his bride, I'm planning a trip to Barcelona and Amsterdam the 2nd week in October. Dates are moderately flexible (can't be before the 6th, but after that it's not important), as is the order in which we do things. The basic desire is the spend some time in Barcelona, do an overnight train to Amsterdam, and spend a few days there. we have 7-9 days with which to work. We can start in either city, but more days in Barcelona than Amsterdam. I'm thinking of renting an apt in Amsterdam and a hotel in Spain. I would like for the hotel to be a little more high end, but it doesn't have to be the most luxurious there. Any suggestions on neighborhoods? What about the overnight train? Is that a good idea? I know flying is cheaper, but I think they would enjoy the experience and I'd have to pay for a night's lodging anyway, so it would be about the same. They are not "touristy" travelers. They want local food and feel, museums and to walk the city. Maybe one day on the beach (is that even doable in Oct?).

4 Answers 22 hours ago
    • Traveling_Duck's Profile Photo

Which neighborhood is the best?

by Traveling_Duck Online Now Jul 4, 2014 at 6:40 AM

We will be visiting Amsterdam for the first week in August, and we would like to rent an apartment. So far, I was able to find nice and convenient properties in Jordaan (Egelantierstraat), in Waterlooplein, in the Old City (Nieuwe Spiegelstraat) and in the Jewish Quarter (Valkenburgerstraat). Which area would be the best to stay in? My husband and me are interested in architecture, art and culture, but we are also foodies. Any suggestions are most welcome! Thank you in advance!

3 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 5:07 AM
    • v3tt3lWC's Profile Photo

Good college Bars

by v3tt3lWC Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 5:03 AM

Where are some great bars to visit at night for students?

2 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 9:17 AM
    • Where to stay in Amsterdam with car?

by Castellan Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 12:32 PM

We look for a hotel near a P R Parking. We want to use the Public Transportation.
      Hotels located in Arena are they a good option?
      Thank you

3 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 2:24 PM
    • Robbinn's Profile Photo

Hotel in down town Amterdam?

by Robbinn Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 6:37 AM

I´m looking for a good hotel in down town Amsterdam.
      Some suggestions cheaper that 100€ per night?
      What is the city tax for accommodate?

4 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    • public viewing for a german football game

by Kifli Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Hallo !
      we stay the next days in amsterdam. I search a place to watch the german football game at saturday 21.06.2014
      Can you help me
      best regards Manu

1 Answer Jun 17, 2014 at 1:20 AM
    • Where can we look the german football game at Saturday, 21.06.2014

by Kifli Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM

We stay the next days in amsterdam.... and we want to see the german footballgame at saturday. Have you public viewing for all games or only the dutch games ?

3 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 10:42 AM
    • cell phone service

by sw22 Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Is buying a local prepaid cell phone the best way to guarantee service?

3 Answers Jun 13, 2014 at 1:03 AM
    • AnaLuiza's Profile Photo

Soccer games on tv

by AnaLuiza Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 3:56 AM

I have some Brazilian friends who woukd like to watch Brazil playing the Soccer World Cup games on tv in Amsterdam. Is there any pub or restaurant where people meet to watch games on tv?
      Thanks for any help.

4 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 12:30 PM
    • july vs. september

by Seipelcnmx Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 7:42 AM

hello,
      is July noticeably busier than September in Amsterdam?
      I imagine since it is a big city, perhaps it doesn't matter?
      Thank You

6 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 4:42 AM
    • FNAC store

by amcortes Online Now Jun 7, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Is there an FNAC store in Amsterdam? or where can I buy tech for a good price?

6 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 5:16 AM
    • I would love to find a soccer team or game of 5 a side in Amsterdam

by jonnylonny29 Online Now Jun 5, 2014 at 5:43 AM

Anyone know of a team in the west of Amsterdam open to new players? or maybe a place to go for a game of 5 a side? Thanks people

3 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 8:20 AM
    • de chocoladefabriek amusement park

by onolkh Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Has De Chocoladefabriek complex opened yet and if it has, what are the working hours and tarifs both individual and for groups, as well as contacts?

2 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 8:52 AM
    • Do I need any visa for transit via Amsterdam?

by montazery Online Now May 31, 2014 at 4:35 AM

I have an Iranian passport and Irish D type visa. I am planning to go to Cork from Tehran. I found these two flights in order to reach Cork:

Tehran → Kiev → Amsterdam (27June, One Way): Flight Numbers: PS 0752 and PS 9386 (flyuia.com/eng/information-a...)

Amsredam → Cork: Flight Number: EI845 (aerlingus.com/cgi-bin/obel01...)

Q1: Could I use a combination of these two flights? I am not familiar with this process. Does it need rechecking or baggage checking?

Q2: If so, Do I need any type of visa in Kiev or Amsterdam?

2 Answers Jun 5, 2014 at 5:02 AM
    • Distance from Schirpol Airport to Cruise Passenger Terminal

by BrooklynRose Online Now May 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Would appreciate recommendations on distance/time/best way to get from AMS to cruise passenger terminal.

Also, any suggestions on hotels. We'll only have one day. What are the "must-sees"

Thank you

5 Answers May 30, 2014 at 2:33 AM
    • travelsofadam's Profile Photo

Looking for interesting walking tours in Amsterdam

by travelsofadam Online Now May 28, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Hey Amsterdammers! I'm looking for tips on the more unusual or interesting walking tours - maybe ones that are a bit more off-the-beaten path. Any insights?

7 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 2:59 PM
    • Best place for party for a group

by billyboy64 Online Now May 23, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Hi,

I'm planning on having a party the first weekend in October, and was looking around for a place to have it. There will be around 50 people coming, it's a birthday party, so would be cool to find a smaller pub, restaurant, bar, etc. Jordaan, Rembrandtplein, Leidseplein... thinking along the lines of those areas.

If anyone has any suggestions, or knows anyone who could steer me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I'll be in Amsterdam for a few days in July, so could also meet up with someone if they have some good ideas.

Thanks!

6 Answers May 24, 2014 at 12:30 PM
    • TheRaven's Profile Photo

Night clubs - not techno!

by TheRaven Online Now May 20, 2014 at 5:54 AM

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone know of a nightclub that doesn't play techno/electronica?

Also are there any clubs where a more mature crowd goes?

Thanks for any answers!

7 Answers May 21, 2014 at 2:12 AM
    • gmaxcy's Profile Photo

Layover in Amsterdam

by gmaxcy Online Now May 18, 2014 at 5:28 AM

I have a 10 hour layover in Amsterdam on my way to Kenya, I have a lot of luggage. Can someone tell me please if i will be allowed to leave the airport? Do I need to get my bags, if so are there large lockers to store them? Thanks for any help tou can provide. Gigi

4 Answers May 19, 2014 at 5:28 PM
    • xdaliv's Profile Photo

How's the weather, may 2014

by xdaliv Online Now May 12, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Hi,
      Wondering about the weather in amsterdam.
      Will be traveling there in a week time and need to know if I need to pack a winter jacket or a light sweater?

Thx in advance

8 Answers May 14, 2014 at 1:02 AM
    • l'm searching for a little bar with live-music and maybe dancing an Karaoke or something like that.

by Inchen_Bienchen Online Now Apr 29, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Hello all
      Me and my boyfried going to travel to Amsterdam in august and I'm searching for a little bar, just like an irish pub, where I can join with other people and drink and talk and listening to nice music, if it's possible live music. Do you have any insider tip? That would be great. Ah...we're 23/24 years old, but we don't like crowded clubs and music which is so loud that you can't talk.
      Thx for your help!
      Ina

3 Answers May 17, 2014 at 3:45 AM
    • Harassed and followed by drug sellers, what do you do?

by jamescos Online Now Apr 25, 2014 at 7:17 AM

I did not make eye contact, quickly said no then looked ahead and did fast walking. 3 times. The African/West Indian people-bothering drug pushers just followed me, by my side, repeating themselves saying the names of drugs. What is a tourist to Rembrandt's Amsterdam meant to do when this threat happens? Nobody came to my assistance.

6 Answers May 21, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    • budget option to get to the city center

by mogaly Online Now Apr 23, 2014 at 6:00 AM

Hi VTers,

We’re a group of 20 friends visiting Amsterdam on a budget from July 30 – August 07. We’ll be staying a little bit out of the city center, at hotel Holiday Inn Amsterdam . Appreciate if anyone could tell me how much it costs to get from the hotel to the center ,and vice versa, by tram, metro or bus ? I have recently heard about GVB cards valid for 24, 48 ,72 ,96 ….hrs , do you think they could be a good option for saving money , especially we will most likely make more than one ride a day to the center? How much are these cards and where to get them ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

8 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 9:35 AM
    • samtin's Profile Photo

Staying near Sloterdjik station (north/west Amtsterdam) - best route to walk to city centre

by samtin Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 6:49 AM

We like to walk! We are staying at the Golden Tulip Hotel and would like advice on which is the most interesting and pleasant (picturesque)/safest route to take if we want to walk into the heart of the city. Also, if anyone know if there is a bus stop nearby with buses that can take us to/from the city centre to the hotel. Thank you. Sam.

4 Answers May 21, 2014 at 3:26 AM
    • kukenhoff with luggage

by jagdishkothari Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 3:23 AM

I am visiting kukenhoff garden directly from shifol airport. Are there buses going to kukenhoff where l can carry my luggage ? And also whether they will allow me to keep luggage in bus till l return back in same bus to schifol

3 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 8:55 AM
    • bram74's Profile Photo

Where to park in Amsterdam?

by bram74 Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 4:34 AM

Hello fellow travellers,

I'm traveling to Amsterdam by car at the end of this month and I was wondering if you can help me out to find parking. I need long-term parking so I can leave my car for 4 days and then travel around by public transport. It would be even better if I can take out my car once in a while.

Please suggest parking that is secure and easily accessible, not necessarily in the city center (I assume thats expensive).

I would appreciate any help. Thank you!

7 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 4:12 AM
    • Holland pass . Is it worth ?

by prachi222 Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 11:06 PM

We are four people going to Amsterdam for two days. We are planning to visit Anne franks house , kuekenhof gardens, two hour city bus tour, rjiksmuseum , Van Gogh museum , vondlepark and go to dam square .
      We read that the pass does not involve ride to scipol airport . So should we buy holland pass or travel on our own ?
      Does it prove to be cheaper ?
      Also , can we buy the holland pass in Amsterdam itself or is it necessary to buy it online ?

1 Answer Apr 15, 2014 at 3:59 AM
    • Amsterdam to Lauwersoog

by dewijones Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 2:33 AM

I wish to go from Amsterdan to Lauwersoog
      I have been told to get a train to Groningen or Leeuwarden
      and then a bus.

Which would be better ? Groningen or Leeuwarden
      From which train station in Amsterdam do these trains go from ??
      thanks
      Dewi

3 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 10:49 AM
    • Holland pass

by archana96 Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 9:02 PM

We are in amsterdam for 2 days and want to visit kukenhoff gardens want to see Rijiiks museum van gaugh museum canal tour of city etc.should we buy holland pass 2 which means 1gold 1 silver ticket and it says exchnge your gold & silver ticket for kukenhoff . And only one entry to Rijiks museum per pass . Does it mean we can see Rijiks & kukenhoff both by buying Holland pass. Also pl tell can we buy holland pass after landing in Amsterdam or to buy online before? And any site to claerify our doubts .

3 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 2:56 AM
    • day trip to kukenhoff gardens

by archana96 Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 11:07 PM

We are reaching amsterdam on 6 may 2014 by 11.30 am and want to visit kukenhoff gardens .1 do we need to buy tickrts online beforehand or can we by at airport scipol ? The entry to gardens closes by 6.30 pm but can we move inside after this time and how long the day is in amsterdam so that we can enjoy completely

5 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 12:50 PM