Travel Answers
Amsterdam

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bachelor Party Amsterdam, which music club?

by BonyBoop Online Now Mar 16, 2015 at 1:15 AM

Hi to all, we are going to Amsterdam for a Bachelor Party and we are looking for a disco/music club to reserve. We saw there are different clubs as Escape, Paradiso, Air, Jimmy Woo, Encore... We don´t know where to go. We want a disco with a lot of girls, whith people of 25 to 30 years old and with NO live music and good music. Please helps us!!!Does anyone that has been in Amsterdam or lives there can help us to decide? Thanks a lot! Bye

more
    • Amy.3boys's Profile Photo

Great hotel with 3 teenage boys

by Amy.3boys Online Now Mar 3, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Looking for recommendations for a hotel in Amsterdam where my teenage boys could explore the area on their own. I'd love for them to have an authentic experience while we are there. Thanks!

more
    • How much to budget for for 3 days

by Kiwikaren Online Now Mar 19, 2015 at 3:38 PM

Hi all

We are just wondering what is a good figure to roughly budget for for 3 days in Amsterdam in May.

more
    • Tourist travel

by patij Online Now Mar 2, 2015 at 1:33 AM

Hello,
      Our family holiday to Amsterdam is fast approaching, I have been researching public transport, however I have found the advice very confusing & it is now as clear as mud!
      We will be staying for 1 week, our hotel is on Sarphatistraat.
      We are 2 adults & 3 children-ages 15,11 & 10 years.
      We have already purchased a combi ticket to Keukenhof :)
      Please could anyone suggest what may be the best type of tickets for travel around the city.
      Also, do you know of a Keukenhof webcam? I am so excited about the trip & would love to see the flowers or at least the green shoots peeking!

more
    • Simon1983's Profile Photo

Place to stay for a few months?

by Simon1983 Online Now Mar 30, 2015 at 4:17 AM

I'm coming to Amsterdam in May to do some voluntary work. Does anyone know of a room / bed area I could rent for a few months?

more
    • Canal cruises at night?

by ee3090 Online Now Mar 23, 2015 at 1:31 PM

Hello, my long trip from Istanbul to Houston will probably have a layover in Amsterdam, from 7 pm to 9 am. I really want to see the city, is there any way I might be able to get on a cruise boat that late at night? Or are there other things I could do? I imagine every place would be closed between those hours... no?

more
    • Place outside city

by Marienborgvej Online Now Mar 26, 2015 at 3:52 AM

Hi
      I am looking for at place to stay for 3 nights but outside the city. A place where I can park my car and travel public into city.

more
    • Will we be ok turning up in Amsterdam with no hotel reservation and booking a room for two nights?

by shellh89 Online Now Mar 20, 2015 at 9:07 AM

Weve booked last minute flights to go Amsterdam next weekend, and I want to now book a cheap hotel or hostel for the two nights. However my boyfriend says we should just turn up and book something when were there, which makes me really nervous!
      Can anyone tell me if theyve just turned up in Amsterdam and been able to book a room for a good price?
      Im worried all rooms will be booked up and we'll have to pay through the teeth!

Thanks

more
    • Simon1983's Profile Photo

Place to stay for a few months?

by Simon1983 Online Now Mar 30, 2015 at 4:17 AM

I'm coming to Amsterdam in May to do some voluntary work. Does anyone know of a room / bed area I could rent for a few months?

4 Answers Mar 30, 2015 at 11:39 AM
    • Place outside city

by Marienborgvej Online Now Mar 26, 2015 at 3:52 AM

Hi
      I am looking for at place to stay for 3 nights but outside the city. A place where I can park my car and travel public into city.

10 Answers Mar 28, 2015 at 10:35 AM
    • Canal cruises at night?

by ee3090 Online Now Mar 23, 2015 at 1:31 PM

Hello, my long trip from Istanbul to Houston will probably have a layover in Amsterdam, from 7 pm to 9 am. I really want to see the city, is there any way I might be able to get on a cruise boat that late at night? Or are there other things I could do? I imagine every place would be closed between those hours... no?

8 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 8:11 AM
    • Will we be ok turning up in Amsterdam with no hotel reservation and booking a room for two nights?

by shellh89 Online Now Mar 20, 2015 at 9:07 AM

Weve booked last minute flights to go Amsterdam next weekend, and I want to now book a cheap hotel or hostel for the two nights. However my boyfriend says we should just turn up and book something when were there, which makes me really nervous!
      Can anyone tell me if theyve just turned up in Amsterdam and been able to book a room for a good price?
      Im worried all rooms will be booked up and we'll have to pay through the teeth!

Thanks

24 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 12:49 PM
    • How much to budget for for 3 days

by Kiwikaren Online Now Mar 19, 2015 at 3:38 PM

Hi all

We are just wondering what is a good figure to roughly budget for for 3 days in Amsterdam in May.

4 Answers Mar 20, 2015 at 7:57 AM
    • Bachelor Party Amsterdam, which music club?

by BonyBoop Online Now Mar 16, 2015 at 1:15 AM

Hi to all, we are going to Amsterdam for a Bachelor Party and we are looking for a disco/music club to reserve. We saw there are different clubs as Escape, Paradiso, Air, Jimmy Woo, Encore... We don´t know where to go. We want a disco with a lot of girls, whith people of 25 to 30 years old and with NO live music and good music. Please helps us!!!Does anyone that has been in Amsterdam or lives there can help us to decide? Thanks a lot! Bye

2 Answers Mar 16, 2015 at 1:16 PM
    • Amy.3boys's Profile Photo

Great hotel with 3 teenage boys

by Amy.3boys Online Now Mar 3, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Looking for recommendations for a hotel in Amsterdam where my teenage boys could explore the area on their own. I'd love for them to have an authentic experience while we are there. Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 3, 2015 at 12:56 PM
    • Tourist travel

by patij Online Now Mar 2, 2015 at 1:33 AM

Hello,
      Our family holiday to Amsterdam is fast approaching, I have been researching public transport, however I have found the advice very confusing & it is now as clear as mud!
      We will be staying for 1 week, our hotel is on Sarphatistraat.
      We are 2 adults & 3 children-ages 15,11 & 10 years.
      We have already purchased a combi ticket to Keukenhof :)
      Please could anyone suggest what may be the best type of tickets for travel around the city.
      Also, do you know of a Keukenhof webcam? I am so excited about the trip & would love to see the flowers or at least the green shoots peeking!

4 Answers Mar 3, 2015 at 2:35 AM
    • Beers in Amsterdam

by JosephCool Online Now Mar 1, 2015 at 1:49 AM

What should I roughly be paying for a beer in Amsterdam pubs? Obviously it will vary but a good idea of correct current prices would be appreciated. Thanks.

3 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 9:08 PM
    • Amsterdam Attractions

by Raphael1717 Online Now Feb 28, 2015 at 8:20 AM

Dear fellow travellers and friends!

Any recommendations of places for sightseeing and nice affordable restaurants? Good things must share!

Thank you!

Regards,
      Raphael
      Singapore

4 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 3:47 AM
    • Passport Control

by permen Online Now Feb 27, 2015 at 12:40 PM

I am going from Boston to Cologne, Germany on Delta via Amerstam and connecting to Cologne on air partner KLM. Will I need to go thru passport control and security or can I go directly to my connecting gate? I only have 55 minutes and am nervous!

8 Answers Feb 28, 2015 at 9:58 AM
    • Dutch cheese.

by patij Online Now Feb 24, 2015 at 1:25 AM

How do Dutch cheeses compare with English taste, like Cheddar, Cheshire, Lancashire etc? are there any similar tastes & textures, do the cheese stores smell? (That was my little boy's question)

19 Answers Feb 27, 2015 at 7:48 AM
    • Hotels near city centre

by Kiwikaren Online Now Feb 23, 2015 at 10:22 PM

We will be in Amsterdam in May after a bus tour of Europe. We are looking for a hotel close to the city centre that is reasonably priced and does free breakfasts. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

8 Answers Feb 25, 2015 at 12:52 PM
    • lezlswart's Profile Photo

Any tips/reviews on Hoofddrorp?

by lezlswart Online Now Feb 23, 2015 at 10:58 AM

Might be moving to Hoofddorp in 6 weeks for a long term employment contract. Any tips or reviews from residents or tourists would be so appreciated.

Thanks

3 Answers Feb 25, 2015 at 8:05 AM
    • Winter Weather

by patij Online Now Feb 22, 2015 at 6:55 AM

Hello,
      how has Winter been this year? I'm hoping not overly severe, as I am visiting Keukenhof around 11/12 or 13th April, I know some severe winters have caused a delay in the blooms, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

3 Answers Feb 23, 2015 at 8:29 AM
    • itinerary for keukenhof and amsterdam

by gaurav14mtc Online Now Feb 20, 2015 at 12:07 PM

Hi,

I am going Netherlands with my friend for 2 days 11th and 12th April 2015. I will be reaching amsterdam airport 7:30 AM and then same day I am planning to visit keukenhof park. I am planning to take hotel in amsterdam only. Can you please suggest how to go to keukenhof park from amsterdam. Also what else can be done in amsterdam on 12th. My flight is back on 12th around 21:00 hrs.

7 Answers Mar 28, 2015 at 4:37 AM
    • Fred9221's Profile Photo

Ijmuiden Transportation

by Fred9221 Online Now Feb 18, 2015 at 8:35 AM

Would like to take a taxi from downtown Amsterdam to port of Ijmuiden and return after cruise to airport from Ijmuiden.

Suggestions

3 Answers Feb 18, 2015 at 9:37 AM
    • Difficulty walking

by carolynfrmich Online Now Feb 12, 2015 at 11:27 AM

Now in my 70s, my ability to walk around a city is gone. I can only do short distances. What is my best way of getting to landmarks or restaurants? C

11 Answers Feb 15, 2015 at 6:00 AM
    • Smokers friendly

by Daisytheo Online Now Feb 11, 2015 at 7:32 AM

Hi
      Me & my husband are travailing to Amsterdam in March we are smokers & want some where cheapish & local to stay & "smoking friendly" as the last time we traveled here we stayed at the west cord art & felt very out of place & was quite far to travel from the station.

8 Answers Feb 11, 2015 at 8:17 AM
    • Keukenhof in April

by patij Online Now Feb 5, 2015 at 1:52 AM

Hi,
      whilst on holiday in April, we are planning a visit to Keukenhof, I do not want to use a tour company as their day trips are only half a day. We really want to see as much of it as possible & lunch there too, so will go early morning.

I understand there are combi tickets, I am staying at Sarphatistraat & wish to find the simplist way to travel to Keukenhof & best place to buy combi ticket.

3 Answers Feb 5, 2015 at 11:35 AM
    • Currency conversion

by jhatcher Online Now Feb 4, 2015 at 3:27 PM

When I travel to Amsterdam should I convert to euros in the U.S. or wait until I am in Amsterdam?

8 Answers Feb 7, 2015 at 3:22 PM
    • Toy shops in Amsterdam, Lego in particular

by patij Online Now Feb 4, 2015 at 12:32 PM

Hi,
      When we travel to Amsterdam for our holiday in April, it will be my sons 10th birthday, he is a huge Lego fan so I thought it would be very special if he could choose a model whilst there. Any ideas?

11 Answers Feb 27, 2015 at 9:07 AM
    • Mastercard

by patij Online Now Feb 3, 2015 at 8:28 AM

Hi,
      is MasterCard widely accepted in Amsterdam or is money preferred? Are there easy to find cash machines?

6 Answers Feb 4, 2015 at 8:20 AM
    • Cafe & Coffee!

by patij Online Now Feb 3, 2015 at 8:25 AM

Hi,
      can anyone recommend & advise on Cafe's, my husband & I enjoy sitting & watching the world go by, our children enjoy a drink & snack but we do NOT want to go where there is Cannabis or any smoking at all.

18 Answers Feb 4, 2015 at 11:19 AM
    • Memo silence museum

by patij Online Now Feb 3, 2015 at 3:54 AM

We are thinking about taking our 3 children here, would you recommend ? Also best travel to here, all comments & advice welcome .

10 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 12:06 PM
    • Best supermarkets

by patij Online Now Feb 3, 2015 at 3:51 AM

Hi all, we will be staying on saphatistraat, please can you advise best place to shop for food etc.

4 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 7:48 AM
    • Can you recommend day trips in April for family with 3 children?

by patij Online Now Jan 25, 2015 at 9:11 AM

Hi, we are planning our 1 week holiday in Amsterdam, so far we are looking to visit Keukenhof, Anne Frank House, Zoo, Vondel park. Can anyone recommend any other tours or visits, what do you think about cheese/clog tours?
      Are there places we can hire bikes for our children so they can ride in the park whilst we sit & watch the world go by?

17 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 9:10 AM
    • Keukenhof Gardens

by patij Online Now Jan 25, 2015 at 12:47 AM

Hello during our holiday to Amsterdam we are going to visit Keukenhof Gardens, I am currently planning this day, transport choices etc we will be staying at Saphatistraat. Can anyone suggest a preffered plan of transport links.

5 Answers Jan 25, 2015 at 1:41 AM
    • Taxi for 5 people from Airport

by patij Online Now Jan 24, 2015 at 1:51 PM

Hello,
      I am traveling to Amsterdam in April with my husband & children, please could you tell me if Taxis for 5 are available at the airport or will I need to phone to order?

9 Answers Jan 25, 2015 at 6:11 AM
    • Viking river cruises port

by IMCheapcharlie Online Now Jan 19, 2015 at 1:57 AM

Where do the Viking river cruise boats dock and can I easily roll my suitcase somewhere to buy transport tickets to go to my hotel once is get off the ship?

5 Answers Jan 19, 2015 at 7:47 PM