Amsterdam

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• rest in Amsterdam

by coolY Online Now Dec 22, 2014 at 2:42 AM

Hello people! I want to visit Amsterdam in January. Can anybody give me recomendation about :where to have a rest?where to eat?advise good club. write the prices please.

more
    • rest in Amsterdam

by coolY Online Now Dec 22, 2014 at 2:42 AM

Hello people! I want to visit Amsterdam in January. Can anybody give me recomendation about :where to have a rest?where to eat?advise good club. write the prices please.

10 Answers Dec 23, 2014 at 12:47 AM
    • Sindy1980's Profile Photo

Place to stay amsterdam

by Sindy1980 Online Now Nov 12, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Hi all,
      Im planing to visit amsterdam on march,, looking for cheap hotels or better if i can find rent room with local families..it will be wonderfull coz ill travel alone and i dont know the country thanks to help me..

6 Answers Nov 13, 2014 at 7:28 AM
    • From Schiphol Airport to Waterlooplein Metro Station by train(Amsterdam)

by LucieT3 Online Now Nov 11, 2014 at 12:47 AM

I need some travelling tips. Is it a must to take from airport to Centraal Station and change to Metro service in order to get to Waterlooplein Metro station via train? Or I can get off mid way and change to metro station? What is the most convenient way?

I'm afraid that Central Station is too big and difficult in locating the metro station, especially when there is big crowd.

Thanks ahead.

Regards
      Lucie

8 Answers Nov 11, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    • are the trains running on New Years day to the airport

by JessicaH12 Online Now Nov 9, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Are the trains running on New Years Day?

6 Answers Nov 10, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    • City transportation and Itinerary help, please

by daytraveller Online Now Nov 5, 2014 at 2:46 PM

We will be visiting Amsterdam for 3 days in the spring. We will be staying near the museumplein area & our plans include visiting the Anne Frank haus, Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh museum, 9 Streets, Jordaan neighborhood, Diamond Museum, flower market, & street markets. We would like to ride bikes in Vondelpark and enjoy a canal boat ride. Probably will not be too interested in highly congested touristy areas like the RDL or Damrak.

I understand the city is very walkable, but to conserve our energy and pack a lot of sightseeing into this trip, I would like to know the best way to purchase and use the trams/buses/train while visiting. Is it best to buy a card for 48 hours, or just individual tickets? Where do you obtain the tickets? Is there a direct bus that goes from the airport to the museumplein?

Considering the jet lag factor, please tell me how you would plan the first day in the city as we will arrive early in the morning and would like to have a fairly easy morning/afternoon before check in time.

Thanks in advance!

15 Answers Nov 8, 2014 at 12:54 AM
    • Transfer to AMS on New Year night.

by md241246 Online Now Nov 3, 2014 at 6:46 AM

Any idea how to get to the AMS airport on Jan 1st 2015 around 3-4:00AM? .

12 Answers Nov 4, 2014 at 10:47 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Colonial history

by schmechi Online Now Oct 31, 2014 at 3:38 AM

I'm intrested in colonial history and therefor I am searching museeums or places in Amsterdam about this topic. I'm especially intrested in the rise of Dutch East India Company...

4 Answers Oct 31, 2014 at 10:33 AM
    • lowebr's Profile Photo

Schiphol lockers

by lowebr Online Now Sep 26, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Are the baggage lockers at the airport before or after security and how much does it cost to rent one?

9 Answers Sep 27, 2014 at 11:07 AM
    • Amsterderm v/s budapest

by ashkuk80 Online Now Sep 21, 2014 at 11:13 AM

What to choose between amsterdam and budapest as solo male traveller with interest in adventure and nightlife ?

4 Answers Nov 3, 2014 at 11:25 PM
    • videolady12's Profile Photo

Amsterdam, last minute help

by videolady12 Online Now Sep 17, 2014 at 6:38 AM

My husband and myself just booked the Oasis from Rotterdam Oct 14, to US. We would like to spend 4-5 days before departure to see Amsterdam, but find few hotels available and very expensive. Not familiar with public transportation, any suggestions where to stay? Thought about staying near port and taking daily trips to Amsterdam??or stay at Amsterdam airport, take daily trips into city center, then on day of sailing get to Rotterdam??

10 Answers Oct 26, 2014 at 6:45 AM
    • anazul's Profile Photo

Best Neighborhood to Stay

by anazul Online Now Sep 16, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Hi Everybody,  My husband and I are going to Amsterdam for two days. We would like to know which area of the city would be the best to stay in. We love walking, biking, going to local places, little gems hidden and not so much touristy, bars, food trucks, and independent shops. We also love nature, but we want to be in a point in the city where we get the urban aspect, and easy access to transportation to be able to move around, and maybe even going out of the city by public transport. 

Any recommendations? I really appreciate your help!!! :)

Thanks!!

7 Answers Oct 28, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    • can i buy a bicycle ?

by PopA32 Online Now Sep 5, 2014 at 3:21 AM

i will be for 3 days in Amsterdam, is there any place where i can buy a cheap second hand bicycle rather than pay some 50 euros for a transportation card ?

7 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 11:46 PM
    • travelling with a dog

by MommaCee Online Now Aug 21, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Could anyone please advise on travelling from Amsterdam airport to Rotterdam europoort with a dog. Are dogs accepted on all public transport?

6 Answers Aug 23, 2014 at 3:23 AM
    • Place to visit at Amsterdam

by b510 Online Now Aug 21, 2014 at 6:43 AM

Dear All,

We are going to have a XMas holiday to west Europe on Dec 2014, start from Amsterdam in few days and continue to another country or city ..asking about Amsterdam..

- what's the place for kids to play at Amsterdam (such as. Disneyland, Garden .. etc?)
      - what's the place to visit at Amsterdam? .. (place to shopping, sightseeing.. etc)
      - I went to Sydney, Australia last year .. and there is a free visitor bus that will bring us around the city, is there any in Amsterdam?
      - Is there any shuttle bus or train from / to Airport ?
      - I need info accommodation (hotel or apartment) nearby city center,,
      - About weather.. looks like bad weather (hopefully not).. I knew nobody can predict it but any past experience about the weather on Dec?.. I am just worry about extreme weather ..any suggestion?

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards

10 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM
    • Tour Europe

by marissaomar Online Now Aug 20, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Hello,
      Hi everyone, I hope you guys can help me as a tourist.
      My questions, if Im flying from Venice to Amsterdam to London... where will it be a nice place to go in the same day before I depart to London?
      And from Amsterdam to London... should i take eurostar of flight as a budget traveler?

Thank you =)

9 Answers Nov 3, 2014 at 11:34 PM
    • buitensorg's Profile Photo

What to do and see in 2 days in Amsterdam in December

by buitensorg Online Now Aug 20, 2014 at 7:44 AM

A mid aged couple will be in Amsterdam for 2 days...one person has never been to Nederland! What can they do as the weather is particularly cold in December. Where would it be most suitable to stay on a tight budget to access trains and tram. If you wanted to show Amsterdam off in 2 days what would you suggest! They would enjoy putting in as much as they can in as short space of time! thank you!

6 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 7:28 AM
    • Where should I stay in Amsterdam?

by b510 Online Now Aug 19, 2014 at 8:14 AM

We (2 adults + 2 kids) are going to go to Amsterdam on Dec 2014, need info about cheap accommodation (Hotel or Apartment) at recommendation location .. (we prefer to center of city) and nearby interest locations..

Need advise..

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards

7 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 7:10 AM
    • kcnaguit's Profile Photo

street food, markets, weather

by kcnaguit Online Now Aug 15, 2014 at 7:42 PM

hi! will travel to amsterdam and hague 1st week of september, what will the weather be? i heard it's unpredictable?
      i also like to try some of their famous street foods like herring, croquettes, stroppwaffel, and fries :) are there more foods to try?
      and is albert cuyp worth going to?

9 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 5:13 AM
    • kin79's Profile Photo

Hotels or B n B

by kin79 Online Now Aug 11, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Hi.. I am looking for some budget hotel or b n b in the dam square/damrak area.. Can anyone suggest a good place.. We are 6 people travelling in sept

Thanks
      Neha

5 Answers Aug 12, 2014 at 4:49 AM
    • Can i get bicycle (paper)box for airport baggage?

by KwonSoHyeun Online Now Aug 8, 2014 at 4:01 AM

I was stolen my fabric bicycle carriage today. And will leave from Schiphol airport 2014/8/15. so I wonder where can i get bicycle (paper)box free or low cost near by airport?

2 Answers Aug 17, 2014 at 7:40 PM
    • kin79's Profile Photo

Around Amsterdam

by kin79 Online Now Aug 5, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Hi All.. We are 5 of us visiting Amsterdam for 4 ngts/5days in September. We would like to see as much as possible i these 5 days (although we dont want to make it very hectic)

Day 1 : Walking tour of Amsterdam, Visit Anne Frank Museum and Van Gogh, Red Light Distict etc
      Day 2: Delft and Hague
      Day 3: Want to visit Edam or some old dutch villages

Can someone please help us make a good itinerary.. I have read the VT pages but I am not sure how to work this out.. We are relying on public transport and would want to hire bicycles at least one day

Any other place that you guys think we shud see, please let me know as I am super confused

Thanks

Neha

8 Answers Aug 11, 2014 at 3:27 AM
    • a job in amsterdam

by barb2 Online Now Aug 4, 2014 at 8:26 AM

hi!
      how difficult is to find a job in amsterdam?
      something basic like in a coffee place, just to pay rent

4 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 1:55 PM
    • Cheap apartments for 8people

by Mndthompson Online Now Aug 3, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Hi me and my friends are travelling to Amsterdam 5th sep for 3 nights does anyone know of any cheap accommodation and close to centre. Thanks in advance !

2 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 6:46 AM
    • MohamedMordi's Profile Photo

Amsterdam - Paris - Barcelona

by MohamedMordi Online Now Jul 29, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Hello guys,

Me and a friend of mine are planning for a trip to Europe this October for 11 days and we are thinking of the following itinerary;

- Amsterdam: 4 days
      - Paris: 2 day (1 day for Disneyland and and the other day for Eiffel tower and louvre museum)
      - Barcelona: 5 days

We will take a train from Amsterdam to Paris and fly from Paris to Barcelona

So what do you think of this itinerary and the distribution of days? knowing that this is the first time for us in Amsterdam and Paris and the second time for my friend in Barcelona.

Thanks a lot

11 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 1:52 AM
    • gay pride in amsterdam, someone want to go with me!?

by Amy93amanda Online Now Jul 28, 2014 at 1:27 PM

hi! im spanish and i have just been, close Zwolle, almost 2 months. i dnt know amsterdam and i would like to visit this weekend. someone want to go and share time with me???

1 Answer Jul 31, 2014 at 4:41 AM
    • Canal Boat Tour

by choix8 Online Now Jul 26, 2014 at 6:05 AM

We shall be in Amsterdam in September and plan to go on a Canal Boat Tour. Is there a company that could be recommended for these tours please?

Many thanks

4 Answers Sep 17, 2014 at 3:34 AM
    • silence label

by devoo002 Online Now Jul 21, 2014 at 4:35 AM

Are there any hotels carrying a silent room label in Amsterdam?

3 Answers Jul 21, 2014 at 7:42 AM
    • Looking for info on bright red tube lighting in windows of Amsterdam Red Light District

by CharlesNever Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 3:49 AM

I am trying to find similar lights to the ones used in the Amsterdam Red Light District. All I can find here in the States are red fluorescent light covers, which end up dimming the light, or already dim low watt red fluorescents. I would appreciate any info of specs/brand/watt/links of the bright red tube lighting used in the windows of the Red Light.
      Thank you.

1 Answer Jul 20, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    • azadreddy's Profile Photo

Best 3 museams in Amsterdam

by azadreddy Online Now Jul 17, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I am travelling to Amsterdam in this weekend. I need to know 3 best museums in Amsterdam so I can cover in a day.
      1st day I am planning to visit a canal boat tour, central station, dam square, mint tower , Rembrandt plein, leidseplein my question is can I visit all these places in 1 day??????????????????
      If I can pls tell me the plan and sequence.......
      thanks in advance

10 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    • nightclubs, festivals??

by kellieanne05 Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 3:36 AM

I'm arriving monday the 21st of july with my boyfriend till the 24th which is a thursday, I'm just wondering is there much going on as in festivals or djs in nightclubs that i can book now before we arrive? i dont want to miss out on anything that is going on, i want to make the most of the three days! thank you :)

2 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 4:41 AM