Amsterdam Travel Answers

change location
jesshong's Profile Photo

Day Trip in Amsterdam

by jesshong Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Dear all,
I have booked the DoubleTree Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station ( Oosterdoksstraat, Nieuwmarkt en Lastage).
And I would like to go on day tour offer by local tourist company.
From the information provided, we need to gather at the Central Station, Amsterdam.
So, I wonder are these 2 places very near to each other?
Anyone can kindly advise me the address of the Central Station in Amsterdam?
Thank you very much.

Quote & Answer
14 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Day Trip in Amsterdam

by ATLC Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Yes, your hotel is very near to Central Station. Do a www.googlemaps.com search for Doubletree Amsterdam and Central Station Amsterdam and you'll see it's 350 metres, only 4 minutes walking.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jesshong's Profile Photo

by jesshong Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 12:01 AM

oh, thank you!!!! :)

And I wonder if we go to the tulips garden / Farm and the Windmill ourselves, are they very near too??

We can take the metro train on ourselves to get there?

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

by Pavlik_NL Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Though hotel and station are close to one another (as ATLC told), the Tulipgardens (Keukenhof) is outside Amsterdam (appr. 45 minutes drive) and a wonderful windmill area (Zaanse Schans) is North of the town but still about 20 minutes drive. Both are well outside the metro lines. Depending on how many days you have (and according to the title, I guess only one), you should focus either on one of these choices to fully enjoy.
    Wish you a wonderful time in Amsterdam and if you have more questons, feel free to ask them.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Inside the Central Station (at track 2) and opposite the Central Station Main Entrance are branches of the Amsterdam Tourist Office. They can inform you about day trips by coach.
    Some of those are combinations of the attractions you mentioned. You have to consider the convenience of travelling by coach and see a number of attractions in a shorter time at a higher price than when you buy your own public transportation train- and bus tickets.

can kindly advise me the address of the Central Station in Amsterdam

Stationsplein1, Amsterdam
    Be aware the station is a central point of transportation. Almost all Amsterdam trams departs from here. You cannot miss it.
    See:
    "Train - The Central Station" - CENTRAAL STATION (CS) - Central Train Station Tip by pieter_jan_v
    "Central Station Modernisation" - CENTRAAL STATION (CS) - Central Train Station Tip by pieter_jan_v
    "CS Public Transportation locations & destinations" - CENTRAAL STATION (CS) - Central Train Station Tip by pieter_jan_v
    "Take the tram" - Tram - Tip by pieter_jan_v

PJ

by jesshong Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Pavlik_NL wrote:
    Though hotel and station are close to one another (as ATLC told), the Tulipgardens (Keukenhof) is outside Amsterdam (appr. 45 minutes drive) and a wonderful windmill area (Zaanse Schans) is North of the town but still about 20 minutes drive. Both are well outside the metro lines. Depending on how many days you have (and according to the title, I guess only one), you should focus either on one of these choices to fully enjoy. Wish you a wonderful time in Amsterdam and if you have more questons, feel free to ask them.

TQ, I will stay for about 5 days in Amsterdam. So, I think should have enough time to pay a visit to both places. :)

by jesshong Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 2:50 AM

pieter_jan_v wrote:
    Inside the Central Station (at track 2) and opposite the Central Station Main Entrance are branches of the Amsterdam Tourist Office. They can inform you about day trips by coach. Some of those are combinations of the attractions you mentioned. You have to consider the convenience of travelling by coach and see a number of attractions in a shorter time at a higher price than when you buy your own public transportation train- and bus tickets.

can kindly advise me the address of the Central Station in Amsterdam

Stationsplein1, Amsterdam Be aware the station is a central point of transportation. Almost all Amsterdam trams departs from here. You cannot miss it. See: "Train - The Central Station" - CENTRAAL STATION (CS) - Central Train Station Tip by pieter_jan_v "Central Station Modernisation" - CENTRAAL STATION (CS) - Central Train Station Tip by pieter_jan_v "CS Public Transportation locations & destinations" - CENTRAAL STATION (CS) - Central Train Station Tip by pieter_jan_v "Take the tram" - Tram - Tip by pieter_jan_v

PJ

Wow,  TQ. I will go to the tourist office and get more information. I plan to go on the ay trip on the second day.  The first day will use to familiar with the city and transportation first. :)

by jesshong Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 2:52 AM

ATLC wrote:
    Yes, your hotel is very near to Central Station. Do a www.googlemaps.com search for Doubletree Amsterdam and Central Station Amsterdam and you'll see it's 350 metres, only 4 minutes walking.

TQTQ! Seems like very near. From the google map, I think view was captured when the hotel was still under construction. So, cannot see much things on that.

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

by Pavlik_NL Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Definately! Five days will give you time to explore Amsterdam, make a daytrip to the Keukenhof and enjoy the windmills around the Zaanse Schans. For information, see the following links:
    Keukenhof (reckon with a rather late season of the tulips blossoming due to the long winter that we are still experiencing): keukenhof.nl/en/477/entrance...
    Zaanse Schans: http://www.zaanseschans.nl/
    In Amsterdam there is a dazzling amount of sights to see or attractions to go to.
    Wish you wonderful travel and if more questions, you know where to ask them now!

by jesshong Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Pavlik_NL wrote:
    Definately! Five days will give you time to explore Amsterdam, make a daytrip to the Keukenhof and enjoy the windmills around the Zaanse Schans. For information, see the following links: Keukenhof (reckon with a rather late season of the tulips blossoming due to the long winter that we are still experiencing): keukenhof.nl/en/477/entrance... Zaanse Schans: http://www.zaanseschans.nl/ In Amsterdam there is a dazzling amount of sights to see or attractions to go to. Wish you wonderful travel and if more questions, you know where to ask them now!

Thank you! Without the helps from all of you, I think I cannot figure out myself so fast.  TQ very much.

• sakinai's Profile Photo

by sakinai Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Hi,

We've just got back from AMsterdam and stayed near Central station and went passed Double tree hilton. Double tree Hotel is only less than 5-minute walk from central station. As you come out central station, turn left (dont cross the street) and carry on until you will see the hotel. You're in the best place for day trips, central station has very good links of transpo outside Amsterdam.

have a great time.

by jesshong Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 8:27 PM

sakinai wrote:
    Hi,

We've just got back from AMsterdam and stayed near Central station and went passed Double tree hilton. Double tree Hotel is only less than 5-minute walk from central station. As you come out central station, turn left (dont cross the street) and carry on until you will see the hotel. You're in the best place for day trips, central station has very good links of transpo outside Amsterdam.

have a great time.

TQ! Made me feel more confident with this trip. haha! :)

• OCTAVGEO's Profile Photo

by OCTAVGEO Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 9:08 AM

From the hotel just cross the bridge. It is 5-10 min walking distance. You can see the station from your hotel. Enjoy it.

• Re: Day Trip in Amsterdam

by nanditajain88 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM

these two are the same
    address is
    Orangebike Central Station, Geldersekade, Nieuwmarkt en Lastage, Amsterdam,

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM

nanditajain88 wrote:
    these two are the same address is Orangebike Central Station, Geldersekade, Nieuwmarkt en Lastage, Amsterdam,

I'm puzzled about your reply. Orange bIke bicycle rental is located at Singel 233.

MacBike CS-O bicycle rental is located at Stationsplein 5.

Geldersekade, Nieuwmarkt en Lastageweg are different streets.

What's your point?

PJ

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines