Amritsar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Self drive

State of Punjab Mar 30, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Leaning towards renting an unlimited kms car from Amritsar to drive around Punjab and Rajastan for about 3 weeks. Is this a best approach ? Willing to go in high summer - June to minimize crowds and traffic.

Best Regards.

more
    • Amritsar to other places distance 2 to 3 hrs

by poojasimransingh Online Now Dec 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM

we are coming to amritsar on 19th January 13 for 5 days and planning to stay in amritsar for 2 days and than to visit some place which is near to amritsar by 2 to 3hrs distance. can you suggest some places.
      we have already booked the return tickets from amritsar on 24th January.

5 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 3:31 AM
    • COMMUTING IN AMRITSAR

by sakshiwadhwa Online Now Oct 23, 2013 at 4:17 AM

IS TRAVELING IS INEXPENSIVE TO ROAM AROUND IN THIS CITY?
      AND HOW MUCH AUTO, BUSES, TAXI, VANS, BUSES CHARGE ACCORDINGLY?

5 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM
    • Wagah Border Parade

by cybervinayak Online Now Oct 13, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Every one says that Wagah Border parade can be seen best with the help of passes that can be acquired 1or 2 days back. Where can I get these passes? Please guide.

1 Answer Nov 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM
    • Transport from Golden temple to Airport

by anupshet Online Now Aug 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM

How can we travel from Golden temple to airport. is there any public transport

2 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    • voxtulip's Profile Photo

woman travelling alone in Amritsar

by voxtulip Online Now Aug 8, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Hello !

I'll be landing in Amritsar mid-September before heading north to Dharamkot. What is your view on a woman spending the night there to visit around? Do you think it would be better to just stay a couple of hours and then just hopping on the bus?
      I am blonde with blue eyes - do I need to cover my head?

If you think I can spend the night - can you recommend a cute hotel/b&b?

Feel free to give me any piece of info you think may help me have an idea of what to expect :)

Thank you!

Martina

9 Answers Aug 9, 2013 at 8:17 AM
    • ABOUT AMRITSAR

by dasmoloy Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I WILL REACH AMRITSAR ON OR AFTER 12TH OF OCTOBER,2013. MY QUESTION IS HOW MANY DAYS FOR COMPLETE MY TRIP AT AMRITSAR & EXPECTED BUDGET FOR 2 PERSON. ( WAGHA BORDER/ DOLDEN TEMPLE/ AKAL TAKHT / DURGIANA TEMPLE / CHAND BAORI / JALLIANWALA BAGH ) & OTHER TOURIST SPOTS IF THERE PLEASE INFORM ME AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. MY EMAIL ID : dasmoloy.roofers@gmail.com

4 Answers Jul 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM
    • Amritsar Delhi Air Services

by Narkumar Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 6:10 AM

When Amritsar Delhi Air Services started?

2 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 5:43 AM
    • Amristsar

by fernando9torres Online Now Jun 9, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Hi

Any suggestions how I can get to the Golden Temple from Amristsar Airport?
      Are there any tours which go there or near by economical hotels, not too expensive ?

Cheers

3 Answers Jun 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM
    • Patiala pants in amritsar.

by rhucha Online Now May 19, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I am visiting amritsar in next week.
      I remember one of my punjabi friends had told me about shops near golden temple which stitch patiala pants of salwar kameez in 1 hour.
      I am very much interested in buying or getting a patiala pant stitched over there.
      I tried googling about the same,but could not find any reference to it.
      So could you guys please tell me if there are such shops selling material and stitching the patiala pants???
      Thanx in advance!

1 Answer May 30, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    • Accommodation

by vismayagc Online Now Sep 13, 2010 at 5:32 AM

I would like to visit Amritsar very soon with my wife. could you suggest some economic hotels or guest houses in Amritsar?

7 Answers Nov 23, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    • jlfloyd's Profile Photo

Amritsar to Agra

by jlfloyd Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 6:02 PM

I will be in Delhi and will continue on to Agra and then Varanasi. I wanted to take a sort of side trip for a day to Amritsar. I plan to leave via train or plane one evening and then the following evening heading out. i wanted to see if there was a way to bypass Delhi altogether and head right for Agra from Amritsar, or would I have to stop in Delhi and catch the train. In addition, are there only the 2 morning trains to agra I have seen advertised from Delhi?

Thanks!

5 Answers Jun 16, 2010 at 3:31 AM
    • Getting to Amritsar

by melanie9 Online Now Oct 15, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Hi i will be in India in Jan 10 and would like to know the best (quickest way) to get to Amritsar from Delhi I have 3 nights to spend before taking the train from Delhi to Varanasi around the 29th of jan and would also like to know if there is anywhere near to Amritsar worth spending a night?

4 Answers Oct 16, 2009 at 8:01 AM
    • eyedzuvmarch's Profile Photo

Golden Temple tour

by eyedzuvmarch Online Now Mar 25, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Hello; I had hoped to take a luxury train from New Delhi, arriving in Amritsar about 115PM.I would then return to New Delhi at 5PM.A tour company told me that there would not be enough time to see the temple if I did that. How long does it take to get from the railway station to the temple? How long should I spend at the temple to truly enjoy it? Thank you...Bob

5 Answers Oct 8, 2010 at 7:07 AM
    • Transpotation from Amritsar to Qadian

by pzzrmmp Online Now Nov 20, 2008 at 5:51 AM

I am arriving in Amritsar on 12/13 and need to go to Qadian which is about 2 hours drive. What is the best means of transpotation to get there ?
      Please help.

1 Answer Nov 20, 2008 at 8:01 AM
    • azf's Profile Photo

Amritsar to Jaisalmer

by azf Online Now Jul 11, 2008 at 9:45 PM

Hi, I would like to travel from Amritsar to Jaisalmer, and I was wondering if it's possible to do that trip without going through Delhi first. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Alex

2 Answers Jul 12, 2008 at 10:27 AM
    • NYTim's Profile Photo

Restaurants

by NYTim Online Now Jun 13, 2008 at 4:15 PM

Do they serve alcohol in restaurants in Amritsar?

Cheers

2 Answers Jun 26, 2008 at 11:20 AM
    • Crossing Over

by amit.deorukhkar Online Now Jun 2, 2008 at 3:22 AM

Hi

We a group of 14 people are working on a world tour by road (4 cars) for world peace, donation for which will be forwarded to Mother Teresa Foundation. Need to know from you guys in amritsar how to cross over to pak. what procedures and permits are required.

Anyone with information, revert back...

• mccrorj's Profile Photo

Mrs Bhandari's Guest House

by mccrorj Online Now Jan 20, 2008 at 11:55 AM

This place used to get some very good reviews but nothing that I can see that is recent. Is it still in operation and does anybody have any feedback on what it's like now. First entry I found was in an old Lonely Planet guide. Any feedback gratefully recieved. Excluding this I'm tempted to join the pilgrims at the golden temple itself. What is the position regarding leaving and returning to the dorms as I would probably want to wander off into the city for an evening meal. I'm assuming that there is a seperat enterance for the dorms as opposed to the temple?

2 Answers Feb 23, 2008 at 11:16 AM
    • Grand Hotel or Volga Hotel?

by solesouljoy Online Now Oct 21, 2007 at 8:34 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to visit Amritsar for 2 days in Dec. I wonder if anyone has stayed in either of these hotels (Volga or Grand hotel) or any hotel which you would strongly recommend?

Budget: below USD 30
      Room: Double (do we need A/C room in Dec?)

Looking for:
      - Good service
      - clean, comfortable rooms with window, don't need to be luxurious
      - located near GT or central places with good eating places

Thanks!

5 Answers Oct 24, 2007 at 7:32 AM
    • licinio1's Profile Photo

Flights to Srinagar

by licinio1 Online Now Jul 16, 2007 at 1:51 PM

I haven't been able to see if there are flights from Amritsar to Srinagar and what company operates them. I have seen flights from Jammu, but ideally I'd like to leave from Amritsar to save myself a night train ride... Thanks.

4 Answers Jul 17, 2007 at 10:24 PM
    • maxima_rex's Profile Photo

Bus or Cab services from Amritsar to New Delhi

by maxima_rex Online Now May 9, 2007 at 1:46 AM

Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me the details of bus or cab services from Amritsar to New Delhi, with the timings and charges?

Thanks

2 Answers May 9, 2007 at 10:12 PM
    • BootyUK's Profile Photo

Train from Bombay

by BootyUK Online Now May 2, 2007 at 9:57 AM

Hi,

I am taking the Golden Temple Express from Mumbai Central to Jalandhar City in mid-August....I've tried looking on Indian Railways website for an idea of what the air-con carriages are like (do they exsist??) Just wondered how unbareable the journey will be in the heat, or would it be a pleasant way to travel up??

Thanks,

CB - UK

3 Answers May 4, 2007 at 10:37 PM
    • Guest House needed

by jsbajwa Online Now Jan 27, 2007 at 5:45 PM

Hi,
      We (Three cuples)are travling first week of March in Amritsar and required a guest hose with atleast three or four bedroom, has to be in 4 or five star guest house for atleast two full weeks.
      We will be travling with two infants and one 11 yrs of child.

Help is greatly appericiated in advance.
      Please HELP.

JS Bajwa
      Toronto

1 Answer Jan 28, 2007 at 8:45 PM
    • Taxi or coach service from Amritsar to Nakodar

by james_ss Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 1:37 PM

Next February I'm landing at Amritsar airport at about 2pm and should be out of the airport by about 3-3.30pm. Is there are a taxi service or a bus service directly from the airport to Nakodar, which is about two-and-a-half hours away. Also, is it possible to pre-book these services and how much would I expect to pay? Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Nov 12, 2006 at 9:00 PM
    • Taxi or coach service from Amritsar to Nakodar

by james_ss Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 12:56 PM

Next February I'm landing at Amritsar airport at about 2pm and should be out of the airport by about 3-3.30pm. Is there are a taxi service or a bus service directly from the airport to Nakodar, which is about two-and-a-half hours away. Also, is it possible to pre-book these services and how much would I expect to pay? Thanks in advance.

• Amritsar Hotel

by littleshoe Online Now Sep 20, 2006 at 1:33 PM

Please can anyone advise of a decent clean hotel in Amritsar with a pool. I need a clean hotel as I will be visiting with my 1 year old daughter.

Please also can you advise is Amritsar the kind of place where people spend a couple of hours around the pool sunbathing, as if we look out of place, then I may as well look for a hotel without pool.

Thanks

5 Answers Sep 26, 2006 at 3:21 PM
    • misiek_wawa's Profile Photo

From Delhi Airport to Amritsar

by misiek_wawa Online Now Sep 18, 2006 at 2:06 AM

I'm due to land at Delhi Indira Ghandi Airport at midnight at the end of October.
      From the airport I'd like to get to Amritsar as quicky as possible.
      I've read that there are bus connections from the Indira Ghandi Airport to Amritsar, but there's lack of detailed information about it on the internet. I've only found that there is probably an indocanadian bus which is running after every two hrs and the price is 25.00 USD
      Has anybody traveled from the Delhi Airport do Amritsar directly?

12 Answers Nov 11, 2006 at 9:07 PM
    • Visit in March

by eaglet5 Online Now Dec 18, 2005 at 11:26 AM

I will be visiting India in March to watch the cricket. After the Mohali Test match I intend to travel by train to Amritsar to visit the Golden Temple. The train is due to arrive at 13:10. Can somebody tell me if I will have enough time to visit the Golden Temple that same afternoon as I will really need to get a flight out the following morning. How long does a visit normally take?

Could someone also recommend a hotel for around the IR1000 to IR1400 range.

Thanks

2 Answers Jan 28, 2006 at 6:01 AM
    • Amritsar guesthouse / hotel

by kailash35 Online Now Aug 20, 2004 at 11:21 PM

Hello, I am looking for a quiet guesthouse not too far from the Golden Temple. I know that it is possible to spend the night at the Temple but this is not suitable for us. Thank you

3 Answers Jan 28, 2006 at 6:04 AM
    • svaasa spa

by Lauraox Online Now May 19, 2004 at 7:12 AM

Anyone stayed in or know anything about the svaasa spa (www.svaasa.com) in Amritsar. Its a bit over my budget but if its going to be a special place to stay, do yoga have a massage and dinner I'm prepared to go over a bit! Any info very much appreciated! Lauraxxx

1 Answer Jul 15, 2005 at 11:00 AM