Amphawa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Gulliver's Tavern: A new pub on Sukhumvit

Bangkok Apr 15, 2015 at 7:29 AM

I m going to bangkok for the 1st time as a solo traveler. Can I go to Gulliver's tavern ? Will I be welcomed there as an Indian?

more
    • the___gecko's Profile Photo

exchange cambodian riels

Bangkok Apr 2, 2015 at 5:55 AM

does anyone know if anywhere in bangkok exchanges cambodian riels? i didnt do it at the border cause the thieving cambodians were gunna wack me 25%

cheers

more
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Bus from Suvarnabhumi to Khaosan at night

Bangkok Apr 6, 2015 at 6:21 PM

I'll arrive at 12:30 am. Is it possible to take the bus to somewhere close to Khaosan road at this late hours? I'm guessing taxi would be too expensive from the airport at night

more
    • Sai Yok Yai Falls

Kanchanaburi Apr 14, 2015 at 9:38 AM

I'm planning to go to Kanchanaburi and I would like to do the Death Railway + Golden Buddha - Krasae Cave + Sai Yok Nai falls + Sai Yok Yai Falls (stay one night at raft house + bamboo rafting) without a tour!

Does anyone know what would be the best route to take?
      - arriving Kanchanaburi, next day do the death railway + Golden Buddha - Krasae Cave + Sai Yok Nai falls + return for 1 more night in Kanchanaburi and next day go to Sai Yok Yai Falls (stay one night at raft house + bamboo rafting)
      OR
      - one night in Kanchanaburi next day death railway + Golden Buddha - Krasae Cave + Sai Yok Nai falls and continue to Sai Yok Yai Falls (stay one night at raft house + bamboo rafting)

Also: is there conections between the two falls? and anyone know how long does it take from Sai Yok Yai to Bangkok?

Thanks!!

more
    • Street photography in Bangkok.

Bangkok Mar 26, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Hello I am planning on spending 4 or 5 days May (7-10) in Bangkok taking pictures of people, culture and the goings on of the streets. I went to China Town before and really enjoyed it. I plan to visit it again and have some questions. I was thinking about staying in China Town to cut down on the commute. This way I could stay out at night and not worry about danger. Is this necessary? It seems that China Town is far from other attractions. The other question I have is can you recommend any other places that are very unique to the area, (not really interested in temples). Something that a westerner would never see. Also is there a better area to stay that is centrally located. Unfortunately I am recovering from a bad accident and although I can walk it is still difficult to walk extensively. Basically I do not want to add any extra walking if I do not have to. Thanks for your help.

more
    • Smaney5's Profile Photo

Cheap reliable websites to purchase bus/train/flights

Bangkok Apr 23, 2015 at 10:13 AM

What are some good reputable websites to purchase bus tickets, train rides, and airline tickets? Tia

more
    • oxta's Profile Photo

Tour to Angkor Wat from Bangkok

Bangkok Apr 16, 2015 at 3:19 AM

Hi, I am from Indonesia. This is my first trip to Bangkok.
      I want to arrange trip to Angkor Wat on May 6th with my friend. So, it's only both of us.
      Since I can't speak Thai, I feel worry If I am not accompanied by tour guide.
      Could anyone please advise me if there are any tour to angkor wat (from bangkok) i can join with?
      I was look on http://www.thailandtourscenter.com/ but I think the price is too much.....
      Otherwise, if I can't join any tour perhaps anyone could advise me where I can find a tour guide from Bangkok (English/Bahasa Indonesia speaking)

more
    • Smaney5's Profile Photo

Cheapest food options

Bangkok Apr 6, 2015 at 10:20 AM

What would be the cheapest way to eat while in Bangkok? I'm looking for things that are less than 30 baht per meal. Would it be better to shop at markets and buying bulkier foods(fruits,veggies,& meats)? Or purchase smaller meals from street vendors? I need the absolute cheapest options. If you list some of the cheapest food and the prices I would appreciate it, I'm not a picky eater at all. Thanks in advance.

more
    • Amphawa Market

by asiapassion Online Now Mar 30, 2011 at 3:05 PM

We have one day only in Bangkok - Tuesday 12 April 2011. I am just hoping that because it is Songkran, the water festival, may be the Floating market will be open on that afternoon ? Sad to miss it.

I want to take my family on a boat cruise up to the market. I assume there is no point going to Amphawa if the market is not on ? Any other suggestions as to what we should do on that day ?

• What about accommadation near Amphawa Floating Market?

by myhappiness Online Now Feb 26, 2009 at 11:24 PM

I plan to Amphawa Floating Market and stay for 2-3 days so anyone know the best hotels? please suggest....

Thank you in advance !!!

3 Answers Mar 5, 2011 at 8:30 PM