Ampang Travel Answers

change location

How to get to Ampang?

by JustWondering Online Now Nov 22, 2006 at 11:02 PM

Hello!

Can you please give me the directions of how to get to Ampang? I'm new here, a Sabahan and I need to get to Ampang tomorrow to help a friend out.

I'll be driving that's why I need a road map. I'm staying in Kajang.

Thank you soooo much for the help. Appreciate it!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Bix10's Profile Photo

Re: How to get to Ampang?

by Bix10 Online Now Oct 24, 2007 at 4:18 AM

If you're coming from Kajang, then take the North-South Expressway (PLUS). After the toll at Sungei Besi, just drive straight and follow the signboards that says KLCC or Jalan Tun Razak or Jalan Loke Yew. You'll encounter the latter then Tun Razak and then KLCC.

May I ask which part of Ampang you're heading?

You have a few options of getting to Ampang faster or the normal way. By this, I mean you can take SMART tunnel, which is RM2 and the elevated highway for RM1.50 to reach Ampang.

If you want to take the highways, then look out for the SMART tunnel sign board after the Sungei Besi toll and exit at Jalan Tun Razak or City Centre. After that, drive straight and you'll see the American embassy on the right, Singapore High Commission on the left and head straight until you go up on a flyover after the Jalan Ampang and Jalan Tun Razak intersection tunnel. Keep left and enter the Ampang elevated highway when you see the signboard that probably says Ampang or Ulu Klang.

Once you're on the highway, just drive straight and there will be a few exits after the toll. The first one will be Keramat, then Ulu Klang (Zoo Negara, Bukit Antarabangsa, Ukay Perdana, Melawati, MRR2, Taman Sri Ukay) and the other one is to Ampang Jaya, Taman TAR and Ukay Heights. Then the other one is Ampang Point and Old Ampang town.

Hope this helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines