Ampang Travel Answers

change location

Direction to Ampang Yong Tau Foo Restaurant

by donovanc Online Now Mar 22, 2005 at 3:18 PM

I will be staying in Berjaya Time Square and need to know the direction to the Ampang Yong Tau Foo restaurant. Most likely will be grabbing a cab there but I am not sure what to tell the cab driver. Can anyone assist me?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • ytk's Profile Photo

RE: Direction to Ampang Yong Tau Foo Restaurant

by ytk Online Now Mar 22, 2005 at 5:39 PM

Which Yong Tau Foo are you referring to ? There are many locations but the one along Jln Ampang right before the town has ceased operation/moved. I think if you pick a cab and tell the driver to head for Ampang you want to have yong tau foo (mention new village/hung-hung) as long the cabbie is a chinese he should be able to take you there. Good Luck

tk

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Kaynisa's Profile Photo

RE: Direction to Ampang Yong Tau Foo Restaurant

by Kaynisa Online Now Mar 23, 2005 at 2:27 AM

Heya donovanc,
    Ampang Yong tau foo well they have got few outlets. If you wanna go to ampang area; it's located opposite to the Ampang Putri Hospital and there's another one too... nearby that area but not a walking distance its more or less hidden away and im not sure if cabby knows that if they are not from that area. But the other one would be in SS2, Petaling Jaya. across the road from Maybank there. You can tell the cabby to go to SS2 PJ, they'll know about it.. by the way the one is SS2 closes at 8.45 (the kitchen that is) so u might wanna be there early eh...If you are adventorous rather than taking a cab why not take the LRT and then take the shuttle bus which goes thru that area as well... Me and few friends love eating the yong tau foo there... FYI, it's all fish based. Delicious. Have fun.Cheers

p.s : FYI there's a chinese eating food court there in SS2 and they serve fantastic food too... SS2 is like heaven to food lovers lol.. so u might wanna check it out. and the prices cheap and affordable. (also there are few fast food chains there, just incase)

• RE: Direction to Ampang Yong Tau Foo Restaurant

by trevally Online Now Mar 25, 2005 at 10:35 AM

Donovan,

I eat YTF very often and I think the Ampang YTF is overrated -- kinda too commercialized already. However, behind your hotel there is an awesome YTF that I think is wayyyy better than the Ampang YTF. The restaurant is called YHK Yong Tow Foo. It is like 10 - 15 mins walking from Times Square, located in the Pudu area behind your hotel. I took my cousin from Sydney there a few months back. We both walked to the restaurant and ate like there was no tomorrow.

Anyway the link below has a story on Yong Tow Foo with the address inside:
    catcha.com.my/content.phtml?...

But honest and swear to whoever you believe in, I am a convert to YHK Yong Tow Foo. Not sure if you're into offals but they have stuff like that deep fried! Awesome. Anthony Bourdain of the Cook's Tour would be proud of it!

Vincent

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines