Amman

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 3 places to visit in Amman

by nabil.warda_1949 Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 12:32 AM

I am near the Regency Palace hotel and I'd like to visit at least three places in the city today. It is 10:30 AM.
      Which places would you recommend?
      What would be the sequence of the visits in order to waste the least time in transit via public transport?

more
    • leosurya's Profile Photo

go inside to the interanational airport 9 hours before

by leosurya Online Now Jun 21, 2014 at 1:55 AM

Dear all , any idea regarding the regulation of Amman airport ?, if i come there 9 hours before flying with Etihad airlines , could i go inside to the airport as my flight will be about 03.35 am , very early in the morning , thanks

more
    • Tour Enquiry

by clairelafferty Online Now Jun 18, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Hi My name is Claire Lafferty,
      I am interested in doing a day trip from Amman- Jerusalem on 29/6/2014. I am wondering if your company offers such tours and if so, would I be able to get a quote for this (and an indication of the price break down, including any additional costs such as border taxes and entrance fees). Unfortunately that date is the only opportunity I will have to visit Israel and am not bothered if I have to do a group tour with other people I don't know.
      Looking forward to hearing from you soon as I am keen to get something booked in.
      Kindest Regards,
      Claire Lafferty

more
    • 3 places to visit in Amman

by nabil.warda_1949 Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 12:32 AM

I am near the Regency Palace hotel and I'd like to visit at least three places in the city today. It is 10:30 AM.
      Which places would you recommend?
      What would be the sequence of the visits in order to waste the least time in transit via public transport?

1 Answer Jun 23, 2014 at 1:32 AM
    • leosurya's Profile Photo

go inside to the interanational airport 9 hours before

by leosurya Online Now Jun 21, 2014 at 1:55 AM

Dear all , any idea regarding the regulation of Amman airport ?, if i come there 9 hours before flying with Etihad airlines , could i go inside to the airport as my flight will be about 03.35 am , very early in the morning , thanks

2 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 9:25 AM
    • Tour Enquiry

by clairelafferty Online Now Jun 18, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Hi My name is Claire Lafferty,
      I am interested in doing a day trip from Amman- Jerusalem on 29/6/2014. I am wondering if your company offers such tours and if so, would I be able to get a quote for this (and an indication of the price break down, including any additional costs such as border taxes and entrance fees). Unfortunately that date is the only opportunity I will have to visit Israel and am not bothered if I have to do a group tour with other people I don't know.
      Looking forward to hearing from you soon as I am keen to get something booked in.
      Kindest Regards,
      Claire Lafferty

2 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 10:14 PM
    • arrival visa at Amman airport

by winniechow Online Now May 12, 2014 at 11:42 PM

visa on arrival at Amman airport for British passport holder. how much and how long to proceed the application. Tourist? Where the counter. thanks in advance and pls advise.

5 Answers May 13, 2014 at 5:05 AM
    • Bus to Sahab

by Zeitouna Online Now May 11, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Where do you get the busin Amman to go to Sahab (central market roundabout - dawwar al-souq al markazy)? Thanks!

2 Answers May 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM
    • Erykann23's Profile Photo

Taking the Bus around Amman

by Erykann23 Online Now Apr 25, 2014 at 7:55 AM

I need to get to King Abdullah Park from the airport, and I wanted to see if there was a specific bus heading towards that area. I noticed the airport said there is a bus to the 7th circle. After that, is it possible to catch a bus to King Abdullah Park, or is it possible to walk down Zahran street? Thanks. Also, where is the best place to get info on buses? I prefer to walk or take buses around the city as taxis are a bit pricey.

2 Answers Apr 25, 2014 at 9:39 PM
    • transportation to Mu'tah

by lydiazmi Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 1:43 AM

How can I travel from Amman airport to Mu'tah?

5 Answers May 9, 2014 at 11:32 AM
    • Taxi from Amman Queen Alia airport to Wadi Rum

by minkaliene Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 4:49 AM

Hello everybody,
      My plane lands early morning in Amman and I'd like to go straight to Wadi Rum. Any ideas how easy it would be to find a taxi at airport and how much it will cost?
      Also, the same questions applies to travel from Wadi Rum to Dead Sea - how much it may cost and are there any taxis one can find at Wadi Rum?
      Thank you!

1 Answer May 9, 2014 at 11:37 AM
    • hiking stuff

by YazanM Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Where can I find and buy a rucksack the big hiking bags?

• csuresh's Profile Photo

Visa on arrival - Query

by csuresh Online Now Mar 15, 2014 at 3:27 PM

I will be arriving in Amman, Jordan in the next few weeks. Considering that I need to take visa on arrival, can I know from those experienced what are the various documents expected from me. I am particularly interested to know is there a need for medical insurance with special clauses like the schengan visa countries expects, also are there any specific things outside return air ticket, hotel accomodations and passport (amount of cash required etc).

3 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 3:33 AM

Airport Transportation and Amman one day city tour

by csuresh Online Now Mar 15, 2014 at 3:22 PM

In the next few weeks, I will be visiting Amman, Jordan for the first time. It will be arriving little late in the night and hence want to go for a reliable taxi. Can I know whether I need to do any online booking for taxi or can take one from the airport itself and are there any safety measures to consider. On day 1 want help with the itinerary within Amman city. What is the best way to do this (reliable coach tours or taxi arrangement etc)? Please let me know.

1 Answer Mar 17, 2014 at 3:50 AM
    • Amman Airport to hotel

by fsjan Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Is it safe for female Asians to take taxi from Amman Queen Alia International Airport to hotel in the evening ( around 8.00pm). What to pay attention to for females travelling to Jordan? Thanks a lot.

3 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 5:12 AM
    • Amman Airport to hotel

by fsjan Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Is it safe for female Asians to take taxi from Amman Queen Alia International Airport to hotel in the evening ( around 8.00pm). What to pay attention to for females travelling to Jordan? Thanks a lot.

1 Answer Feb 28, 2014 at 6:16 AM

Trip to Amman (Amman, Petra and Dead Sea)

by csuresh Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I along with my wife and 2 daughters are now on course to reach Amman in 1st week of April. Day 1 - we will be reaching late and nothing much to do. We plan to take a day tour to Petra on day 2, Amman sight-seeing on day 3, Dead sea on day 4 and last day return back to London. Please help on the following questions:
      a) what is the cheap but safest way to reach Petra, visit the attraction and return to Amman? We prefer joining a group tours (bus, coach etc). Official website is not mentioning the entry cost for children under 15, but another website shows no fee for children. Do children have ticket?
      b) We plan to have our stay in Sowamya on day 4 - my question is whether all hotels provide access to have a dip in dead sea or do we need to goto a specific place. Is there any ticket involved? We are excited to see people floating in the water without support.
      c) What is the best way to spend one day in touring Amman and around? Please suggest group tours or cost effective way of planning ourselves and making a trip. For our own trip, please suggest transportation modes and cost
      d) We are flying into AMM airport and staying at Amman Pasha hotel. What is the cost effective way of reaching there? If it is only taxi, can we take one just outside airport or book earlier?
      e) Would you recommend me renting a car and drive - how difficult to drive or what caution I should take? Will I get petrol station in many places and roads are easy to travel. If I rent I want to use it to go from Amman to Petra and to Dead Sea. Will rental companies expect anything specifically from foreigners?

Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 1:16 PM
    • Tormey0206's Profile Photo

Traveling Alone

by Tormey0206 Online Now Dec 22, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I am an female westerner and will be traveling to Amman, Jordan for a day (I have a 8 hour lay-over on my arrival and another 5 hour layover on my return flight). Being that I have experience traveling (although not in the Middle East) and I will not be going too far does anyone find this to be extremely unsafe? Have any western females had any experience in traveling to Amman? Any insight or tips would be appreciated :)

13 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 12:39 PM
    • xaver's Profile Photo

Private driver

by xaver Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Do you know any good private driver for day trips out of Amman and for tours over the country?
      Thanks

5 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 5:48 PM
    • Visa on arrival at Amman airport

by MarcLipp Online Now Oct 16, 2013 at 7:29 AM

I'm a Swiss passport holder and I like to ask whether also for me it will be possible to get a visa on arrival in Amman?
      Thanks for all your help.

5 Answers Oct 17, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    • curtis0916's Profile Photo

Visa on arrival at Amman airport?

by curtis0916 Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I am a U.S. passport holder and am wondering if a Visa on arrival is still available at the Amman airport? If so, are they open on Saturdays (may seem like a strange question, but I have seen some strange things in my travels)? Approx. how long does it take to get one? I assume this is located before passport control, please confirm and any details would be appreciated along with any information you feel is important. I truly appreciate all of your assistance.

3 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    • Airport to Larsa Hotel

by gurprs Online Now Jun 1, 2013 at 1:14 AM

I have made a booking via Agoda.com, and trying to get in touch with the hotel for Airport Shuttle service, any ideas if shuttle service not available, which would be the best mode to get ther or any approx taxi cost.?

Also are the exchange rates at Hotel and forex companies/banks the same or which one would be adviseable.?

1 Answer Jun 1, 2013 at 1:41 AM
    • Navigating Amman's Airport

by veerzaara Online Now May 30, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Hi,
      Can someone please tell me whether or not I will have any problems being in Amman's airport for several hours? My international flight arrives at 1:45 a.m., and the tour guide isn't available to pick me up until 8:00 a.m. I don't mind sitting in the airport and waiting. Will this be an issue? Also, is it easy to locate the visa counter and obtain a visa? (I am traveling from the U.S. to Jordan.)
      Thanks!

2 Answers May 30, 2013 at 3:06 PM
    • victor72's Profile Photo

From international Airport to Abdali JETT office

by victor72 Online Now May 28, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Hello,

I´m going to catch the aiport express bus from International airport to Abdali JETT office. Please, do you know what is the stop bus closer to Abdali JETT office ? Maybe 7th Circle ?

Does the airport express bus work in the night ? my flight will get at the airport at 1: 15 a.m

Thank you. Kind Regards

2 Answers Jun 29, 2013 at 7:08 AM
    • transport line

by ALGERIANO Online Now May 10, 2013 at 1:47 PM

what is the bus line between Amman air port and waha furnished apartments?

1 Answer May 10, 2013 at 2:46 PM
    • Suecase's Profile Photo

Safety from Israel into Jordan

by Suecase Online Now May 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Our son (22) is traveling with a group from LA to Israel, then traveling on his own from Israel to Jordan to meet a young lady friend from Jordan. Then, will travel for 3 months returning from Israel.
      How safe is this?

5 Answers Jun 30, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    • Allenby to Bethlehem

by anangell Online Now Apr 2, 2013 at 5:52 AM

Has anyone taken a taxi to Bethlehem after crossing the Allenby Bridge from Jordan? Any recommendations? And how much was it? Thanks so much for your help!

1 Answer Nov 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Amman airport to petra hotel

by heidstar Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Arrive amman 5pm , trying to organize transport to petra hotel! How much is taxi or is $170 aus/us pretty good?

4 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 8:50 PM
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

queen airport to petra

by JosephW10 Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Hi,

I am arriving Amman on 13 April 13 at 945am.

What are the ways to get to petra from the airport if i do not want to drive ?

Please advise the cost as well.

Thank you for your help

Joseph

5 Answers Mar 28, 2013 at 12:10 AM
    • Travel time from Amman airport to King Hussein border crossing

by dawnhayden7 Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I arrive in Amman at 5:30pm on a Tuesday and am wondering if there is enough time to get a taxi and then pay for the VIP crossing service to cross the border at King Hussein before the border closing time or if I will need to make hotel arrangements and travel Wednesday morning. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am trying to travel from Amman to Bethlehem. Thanks for any advice!

3 Answers Apr 4, 2013 at 1:58 AM
    • Trekking guide for 9 days in Jordan

by SusyAgostinho Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Hello, I am planning to travel during 9 days in April along Jordan and I am looking for a reliable guide /company, not expensive, with a trekking program from Dana to Aqaba, visiting the most of important cultural attractions.
      Another question, the flight from Istanbul to Amman arrives at 3:00 a.mm into the Amman airport. Anyone can advise me which is the best way to arrive to Amman or Madaba.
      Thank you!

2 Answers Jun 30, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    • Saturdays in Jerusalem

by bethreymatias Online Now Jul 16, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Is it correct that on Saturdays, most if not all shops are closed in Jerusalem? Buses and taxis as means of transportation do not operate on these days?
      Does that mean the entrance to Holy Land is closed on a Saturday?

Thanks for any information and advise.

3 Answers Jul 17, 2012 at 2:12 AM
    • are hotels/hostels in Jerusalem too far after crossing the bridge?

by bethreymatias Online Now Jul 15, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I will be in Amman in September and have plans of going to Jerusalem. It will be Rosh Hashanah then. Is it advisable to cross the bridge on September 15 after lunch so I won't be affected with the start of Rosh Hashanah on the 16th?

I read somewhere it takes at least 5 hours to get to Jerusalem by bus because of security checks. If we do cross the King Hussein bridge immediately after lunch on Sept. 15 and it takes at least 5 hrs to be in Jerusalem, are the hotels/hostels nearby? or we need to get a taxi to get to town? We just want to see the holy places--Mt. Olives, Dome of the Rock, etc.

And, is crossing the bridge a lot more difficult after lunch? That would be on Sept 15.

Thanks so much for your assistance. Salamat!

Beth

3 Answers Jul 16, 2012 at 1:23 AM