Amman Travel Answers

change location

Travel time from Amman airport to King Hussein border crossing

by dawnhayden7 Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I arrive in Amman at 5:30pm on a Tuesday and am wondering if there is enough time to get a taxi and then pay for the VIP crossing service to cross the border at King Hussein before the border closing time or if I will need to make hotel arrangements and travel Wednesday morning. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am trying to travel from Amman to Bethlehem. Thanks for any advice!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Travel time from Amman airport to King Hussein border crossing

by davidjo Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 3:24 AM

amman2jerusalem.com/useful3....

As you can see the bridge normally closes at 10 pm except Fridays and Saturdays when it closes at 13.30. Also check if there are any holidays on the date you expect to cross as the bridge may be closed. The last bus normally leaves the bridge at 10.30 pm so you will have plenty time to get there, assuming it is Sun-Thurs

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

Re: Travel time from Amman airport to King Hussein border crossing

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 6:08 AM

Assuming there are no major delays or incidents, you should have enough time. Leaving Jordan, you will get pointed towards the foreigner immigration area. It's a little hard to find, but walking around looking lost, enough people should be able to point the way. Then, if you want to pay for VIP at the Israeli/Palestinian side, you'll get through pretty quickly.

• by dawnhayden7 Online Now Apr 4, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Thank you very much. This is helpful.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines