Amman Travel Answers

change location

Trekking guide for 9 days in Jordan

by SusyAgostinho Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Hello, I am planning to travel during 9 days in April along Jordan and I am looking for a reliable guide /company, not expensive, with a trekking program from Dana to Aqaba, visiting the most of important cultural attractions.
Another question, the flight from Istanbul to Amman arrives at 3:00 a.mm into the Amman airport. Anyone can advise me which is the best way to arrive to Amman or Madaba.
Thank you!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Trekking guide for 9 days in Jordan

by davidjo Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 4:27 PM

If your flight arrives at 3am i suppose you won't clear the arrival lounge until 4 or 4.30am. The airport is an hour south of Amman so unless you particularly want to go there i suggest you go to Madaba which is much nearer. Public buses run from the airport to Amman but the first one is at 6 am. Taxis are very cheap in Jordan so i suggest you take one to Madaba. The taxis have meters but make sure that they are working first or agree the fare before you leave the airport if the meter is not being used. Generally most taxi drivers speak english and are very friendly. I lived 5 years in Jordan but it was a long time ago and had traveled the country extensively with my job but had never heard of Dana. There is some remarkable scenery along the King's Highway ( i have driven it many times) and the route you propose to trek. Make sure that you have plenty water and good luck in finding a guide.
    Being a female i suggest that you leave your proposed plan and details of your guide , perhaps through an email to your embassy in case of emergency. Although the locals are extremely friendly, hospitable and respectful i suggest you keep your wits about you.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Trekking guide for 9 days in Jordan

by SusyAgostinho Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Thanks for your comments, really useful :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines