Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• dog friendly hotels

Dieppe Mar 22, 2015 at 3:07 AM

Hi can you recommend a hotel very close to the ferry port that allow dogs

more
    • Telephone and 3G card in paris

Paris Mar 26, 2015 at 10:13 AM

Hello mates, i will be in paris from 2nd April, need to check if we can get the local sim card or 3G for mobile phone, and what all docs are needed and what are the charges like...,please help to guide.

How to stay connected with near and dear one when we are in Paris

Deepak

more
    • Attestation d'accueil info

France Mar 18, 2015 at 2:51 PM

Does anybody know how long it takes for an Attestation d'accueil to be issued? And how long does it take to courier a document from France to Cape Town, SA?

more
    • johnnyboy84

Dinard Mar 17, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Does anyone know how easy it is to get from dinard airport to dinard town centre - is it walkable ?

more
    • Changing trains at the station

Orléans Mar 13, 2015 at 11:01 AM

I'll be arriving from Onzain with just 10 minutes to change to my train for Paris. Will this be easy to do? Thanks

more
    • Bienvillers Military Cemetery

Arras Mar 24, 2015 at 9:17 PM

I am visiting Northern France in October this year and plan to visit my Gret Grandfathers Grave at the Bienvillers Military Cemetery and i was was wondering if there was a bus service to the village of Bienvillers.

Regards

D.Johnson

more
    • Affordable Transfort from Toulouse Blagnac airport to Lourdes

Toulouse Mar 19, 2015 at 5:22 AM

We are 6 women from Denmark, first time to travel in Lourdes...
      Our arrival Toulouse Blagnac airport at 5:50pm on March 30, 2015...
      Can somebody please help us WHERE and HOW to get a TRAIN going to LOURDES...
      Thank you so much
      Rosita Andersen

more
    • Rent a scooter (moped) in Colmar.

Colmar Mar 17, 2015 at 1:02 AM

Hi! I plan to trip in Alsace on May, in Colmar i want to rent a scooter for trip to Eguisheim - Kaysersberg - Riquewihr. Tell me please, where could i rent it? maybe adress or web-site ;-)
      Thank you!

more
    • Luggage storage at Orly Airport

Paris Mar 16, 2015 at 9:10 PM

Is there a place to store luggage for a few days at Orly Airport?

more
    • Nice in August

Nice 3 hours ago

My wife and I are planning a 3 day stop over in Nice during Mid August. We plan to base ourselves in Nice and visit places like St tropez, Cannes, Vence and Eze. Our original plan was to hire a car and drive to these areas but a little concerned with the areas being busy during the peak periods.

Can anyone give some tips on travelling around?

more
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Chateaux tour by bike

Bordeaux Yesterday

Bonjour!
      Was wondering if someone could advise on the protocol surrounding chateaux visits by bicycle? We would like to spend one day cycling in either Pauillac or Saint-Émilion, perhaps visiting Château Mouton Rothschild, Château Gruaud-Larose and Château Lynch-Bages, or Château Figeac, Château Troplong Mondot and Château de Pressac.
      Not sure what the dress code is when visiting these Chateau... Will they perceive it as disrespectful when arriving on a bicycle and dressed in jeans and short-sleeved shirt?
      Any feedback would be highly appreciated!
      Merci!

more
    • Lorient, France

Lorient Mar 21, 2015 at 11:08 AM

We will be in Lorient (by cruiseship) on Sept. 18. Can someone suggest anything fun to do, interesting, pretty to see etc.? We're open to most anything, but not too interested in history.

more
    • Disneyland Paris

Paris Mar 17, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Hi, Please let me know the best option for DIsneyland Paris - for adults what is interesting and the prices. Thanks.

more
    • train to bayeux

Paris Mar 15, 2015 at 4:25 AM

Do you know on Easter (5 april) can i buy ticket on Paris St.Lazare train station??Is the ticket office is open that time???
      I will go to Bayeux from there!Thanks for your help!!

more
    • Verdun to Maastricht best possible way??

France Mar 28, 2015 at 11:31 PM

What is the best way to get to Maastricht either by bus or train ,and  without to many changes as have bags.

Thanks

more
    • Holiday and site seeing tips for Beaune please

Beaune Mar 15, 2015 at 1:09 AM

We are spending a week in Beaune in July 2015. Looking for some good visitor information, ideas that aren't too touristy, names of nice places to eat etc. Don't have a heap to spend but looking to have a fabulous time. Many thanks. Carol

more
    • Bilyana's Profile Photo

Daycares/drop in programs for young kids while on vacation

Nice Mar 10, 2015 at 12:02 AM

Hi everyone,
      We are planning to spend 2 weeks in Nice in August and I'm looking for a possiblity of my kids (4 and 6) being immersed in French language/ culture by spending some time with French speaking kids. They are in French program here in Canada and know basics, and I'm thinking that it would be very benefitial for them to have that exposure ( couple hours a day/ half day or so).
      Is there any drop in programs that you would know of and would recommend.
      Thank you!!!!

more
    • Quiberon, France

Quiberon Yesterday

How do I get there from Bayeax

more
    • roddersbeere's Profile Photo

Where can I purchase wine to take home

Dieppe Mar 26, 2015 at 10:07 AM

Only here for another day and left it very late to purchase my wine - need real help here, the wife is getting anxious :-)

more
    • coloradopair's Profile Photo

Trip to France in June - traveling from CDG to Briare

Paris Mar 24, 2015 at 2:23 PM

In June my wife and I are going on a barge trip in the Loire Valley. We get on the barge in the town of Briare. As I was searching travel directions from our arrival at CDG it seemed a complicated route ( several trains and walking between several stations just to get from CDG to the Paris train station (gare de Paris-Bercy) that would take us to Briare. Would it be worthwhile (time, cost, less chance of getting lost) to get a cab/car transfer from CDG to gare de Paris-Bercy? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Jim and Barbara

more
    • Visitor info please

Beaune Mar 14, 2015 at 10:24 PM

We are spending a week in July 2015. Looking for some good visitor information, ideas that aren't too touristy, names of nice places to eat etc. Don't have a heap to spend but looking to have a fabulous time. Many thanks. Carol

more
    • Printing Services

Nice Mar 4, 2015 at 1:33 AM

Hello Forum,
      I need to print out a Microsoft Word file. Can anyone suggest a service in Nice which does that? I ask because my poor research skills are preventing me from finding an answer.
      Thank you,
      Ephraim

more
    • magpie_cram's Profile Photo

30th Birthday

Paris Feb 28, 2015 at 11:19 PM

Hello,

My wife will be celebrating her 30th birthday while we are in Paris (6th Oct).

Any ideas for a romantic/once in a lifetime experience I could organise?

Thanks

more
    • mrlane's Profile Photo

HOW TO FIND A TRAVEL MATE

Agde Mar 28, 2015 at 7:25 AM

I can not find a female travel mate for Cap d'Agde France ASAP (.A clothing optional city)

Is there any web pages that could help me?

more
    • Taxi or Train

Paris Mar 25, 2015 at 1:09 PM

We will be arriving at CDG Airport Paris around 8.15pm on a Saturday night later this year. Our destination is Montmartre, and our accommodation is very close to the Metro. Should we take a cab or use the Metro?

more
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Le Tower Perret

by alectrevor Online Now Feb 11, 2015 at 7:46 AM

Please can you tell me is the the tower Perret Amiens open for public to visit the top ?

2 Answers Feb 11, 2015 at 8:42 AM
    • amiens timetable

by asandraardnas Online Now Apr 21, 2014 at 8:45 PM

what time do the trains leave amiens on Saturday nights for paris

4 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 1:42 PM
    • Amiens to Lourdes by train

by heatherpower Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Is there a train from Amiens to Lourdes?

10 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 4:28 PM
    • AngelaD14's Profile Photo

restaurants

by AngelaD14 Online Now Dec 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Which bar/restaurants are open on a sunday evening in Amiens near the cathedral?

3 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    • Maddi244's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Amiens

by Maddi244 Online Now Oct 29, 2011 at 1:25 AM

We will be in Amiens 23rd - 25th April next year for the Anzac Day Services. I have been searching for accommodation in Amiens via the usual websites eg Bookings.com but all the main Hotels are booked out. Does anyone have any ideas for other options for a family of 5.

6 Answers Oct 30, 2011 at 2:27 PM
    • zachmarie's Profile Photo

bus service

by zachmarie Online Now Jun 30, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Is there any bus service from Amiens to Amsterdam ?

1 Answer Jun 30, 2011 at 8:54 AM
    • gymbug's Profile Photo

Sunday in Amiens

by gymbug Online Now Apr 14, 2011 at 11:13 PM

We'll be driving from Paris to Amiens on a Sunday... Are restaurants open on Sunday afternoon/evening in Amiens? Any recommendations?

• Mazely's Profile Photo

Cathedral opening hours

by Mazely Online Now Aug 20, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Hello, I intend to be in Amiens next October, and of course I plan to visit the famous Cathedral.
      I've read that the Cathedral is open from 8:30 to 17:30 during October. Nevertheless the Cathedral site mentions that the tour hour (on October) is at 15:45.
      OK - at first, I understood that free visits are from 8:30 to 17h, excluding mass times, and that there is a paid guided tour at 15:45. But...
      on other months (July, June, August...) there are times for "visits" and for "free visits" ("visite libre"). So, what's the difference between a free visit time and just an "open" time?
      Will I have problems to visit (without tour) the cathedral out of the 15:45 visit? I planned to be in the Cathedral during morning, and I didn't want to arrive there just to see the door closed, or access forbidden.
      Thanks in advance, merci.

3 Answers Aug 21, 2010 at 4:49 AM
    • BeverleyJacques's Profile Photo

Transportaion

by BeverleyJacques Online Now Aug 13, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Hi a few questions...does the bus system in Amiens acept cash or do you need tickets???also how much would a taxi cost to airport in Beauvais???can you take train or bus to airport?? thanks

8 Answers Aug 15, 2010 at 2:59 AM
    • shopping

by beverleyj Online Now Jun 19, 2010 at 5:42 AM

Are then any 2nd hand shops in Amiens???

3 Answers Jun 19, 2010 at 7:10 AM
    • looking to rent house/apartment??

by beverleyj Online Now May 27, 2010 at 4:45 AM

We are looking for a furnished place to rent for 6 months

1 Answer Jun 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM
    • Dancing

by beverleyj Online Now May 27, 2010 at 4:40 AM

We are here in Amiens for a few months and love to dance..We are in late 50's..

1 Answer Jun 13, 2010 at 3:39 PM
    • Amiens to Puchevillers

by pfhand Online Now May 15, 2010 at 3:06 AM

We are traveling from Australia to France in October 2010 and would like to visit the Puchevillers British War Cemetery, as we have an Australian relative buried there.
      I have found where we can travel from Paris to Amiens by train, how do we then get to the cemetery?
      Thaankyou

3 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 12:03 PM
    • From Amiens to Marques

by TineGiraud Online Now Nov 14, 2009 at 6:56 PM

I need to go from Amiens to Marques. Is the any public bus does the route? Or what is the best way to get there?

2 Answers Nov 15, 2009 at 2:51 AM
    • Bus from Roissy to Amiens

by TineGiraud Online Now Nov 14, 2009 at 6:52 PM

I'd like to know if there is still the bus (bus jaune) from Roissy to Amiens? Their website is off.
      Thank you

1 Answer Nov 15, 2009 at 2:44 AM
    • Bus Jaune

by JimSmith5810 Online Now Nov 24, 2008 at 4:05 AM

Is there still a "Bus Jaune"? I'm arriving 12/26 at CDG, would like to take Bus Jaune to Amiens. The website domain www.busjaune.com is for sale. Thanks!

2 Answers Nov 24, 2008 at 7:43 AM
    • Camera lead

by Gilbert02 Online Now Jul 24, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Help - I need a laptop (usb) to Olympus camera connection lead as i have lost mine and I would like to download to computer my photos. Is there a camera shop or similar in Amiens that sells such items. Thanks if you can help. Gilbert

2 Answers Jul 24, 2008 at 4:00 PM
    • Help!! I need a hotel near a hypermarche!!

by julesmac Online Now Feb 3, 2008 at 9:26 AM

Hi! Myself, hubby and 4 kids are travelling across France via Amiens in July of this year, and we would like to find a reasonably priced hotel within walking distance of a hypermarche/shopping centre. (Preferably a Premiere Classe hotel etc..)Any ideas?
      We found the "centre commerciale carrefour" (Avenue de l'Europe) with a Kyriad hotel nearby, but we're not sure if this area has many amenities.
      We would appreciate any comments.
      Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 3, 2008 at 9:29 AM
    • Thylacene's Profile Photo

Haute Picardie

by Thylacene Online Now Jul 22, 2007 at 2:41 PM

Hi All,

Not sure if you can help me or not.
      My wife & I will be visiting Amiens in April 2008 and driving from there to
      Lille, stopping at a couple of WW1 cemetaries to visit graves of grandparents
      who were killed in France in 1917.

We will be leaving from Paris and were intending to take the fast Train from the
      Airport to Haute Picardie station.

Question is, is there reliable transport from the station into Amiens or would
      you suggest train from Paris to Amiens itself?

cheers

Mike from Oz

• work in amiens, foreigners from eu?

by pupabr Online Now Jun 10, 2007 at 3:04 AM

is it posible to get a job for english speakers from eu? my french is very basic and at the moment i didnt even met anyone who could speak english, or would:)is there any foreigners comunity?

1 Answer Jun 10, 2007 at 3:21 AM
    • transport from Charles de Gaulle aiport to Amiens

by sexy12345 Online Now Mar 18, 2007 at 12:35 AM

How can i get transport from charles de gaulle aiport to amiens. Preferably bus or train.

1 Answer Mar 18, 2007 at 3:23 AM
    • buses to Flesselles

by RAMHEDGE Online Now Jan 27, 2006 at 9:18 AM

Hello,I will be staying in the village of Flesselles just outsie Amiens for a week in March. I was wandering if there is a bus service into Amiens from Flesselles and if so how can I obtain a timetable.

• visiting Amiens for a week, any advices?

by yshimy Online Now Apr 18, 2004 at 3:09 PM

i'll be in Amiens for a week, any suggested good mid-range hotels? what about nightlife there? what are must see things? what may i do on the weekend? should i travel to someplace near, or there is enough to do there? thank you in advance all

1 Answer Jun 13, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    • belgianchocolate's Profile Photo

Elephants..

by belgianchocolate Online Now Sep 1, 2003 at 10:00 PM

The zoo of amiens got two elephants now. New in the collection. Somebody who has seen them already. How is their enclosure? how are the ladies doing? Frank , Antwerp

2 Answers Sep 2, 2003 at 5:11 AM
    • dnwitte's Profile Photo

Parking? Hotels?

by dnwitte Online Now Jul 24, 2003 at 2:48 PM

Hello beautiful world. In a few weeks time I will be driving from Amsterdam to Spain, and I would like to pause in Amiens to see the cathedral. What possibility exists for safe overnight parking in the center of Amiens, assuming that whatever budget hotel we stay in doesn't have any? Any recommendations for centrally located hotels under 80 Euros? Thanx. Cheers.

1 Answer Jul 29, 2003 at 9:38 AM