Amiens Travel Answers

change location

Amiens to Puchevillers

by pfhand Online Now May 15, 2010 at 3:06 AM

We are traveling from Australia to France in October 2010 and would like to visit the Puchevillers British War Cemetery, as we have an Australian relative buried there.
I have found where we can travel from Paris to Amiens by train, how do we then get to the cemetery?
Thaankyou

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Amiens to Puchevillers

by leics Online Now May 15, 2010 at 4:29 AM

Puchevillers is about 19km from Amiens, and the cemetery is just outside the village.

cwgc.org/search/cemetery_det...

I can't find any buses from Amiens. Hopefully another VT will be able to do so.

You would certainly be able to take a taxi.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Amiens to Puchevillers

by tmcma Online Now Oct 30, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Hi

I don't know if your account is still "live" but I saw your query re Puchevillers CWGC cemetery. Do you have a relation buried there? Who is he? My grandfather is there and we were in Puchevillers last week. I know there are a lot of Aussies there, and we see Aussie names in the visitors' book.

Regards

Trevor

• leics's Profile Photo

Re: Amiens to Puchevillers

by leics Online Now Oct 30, 2013 at 12:03 PM

The original poster's account still exists and is still functional. If you click on their username you will go to their profile page, and you can send a direct message by using the 'send message' link to the right of that page.

It is probable that the OP will receive notifications of messages to his/her external email, but there is no guarantee (of course) that the external email still exists. But still worth a try, perhaps?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines