Amersfoort Travel Answers

change location

Car parking at Amersfoort station

by episkopi Online Now Apr 29, 2011 at 10:48 AM

I am working in the area and need to take the train to AMS/Schiphol and return. I'll be away for 3 days, is the parking at Amersfoort station secure? What, approximately, would the return railfare be? Thank you in anticipation.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Car parking at Amersfoort station

by leics Online Now Apr 29, 2011 at 11:08 AM

I can't help with the parking I'm afraid, but you can find train times, details and fares in English on:

ns.nl/reisplanner-v2/index.s...

One-way fare is 9 euro.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Apr 29, 2011 at 11:37 AM

There are two car parks at Amersfoort station.
    The locations are:
    Barchman Wuytierslaan (front of station) and P. Mondriaanplein (back of station), totalling nearly 600 places.

The day rate is 4.65 euro.
    When you buy your rail ticket, ask for the discount parking ticket as well.
    However, since you are parking 3 days, you may not get the discount for each of those 3 days. I've never done that myself. Ask the person who sells you the train and parking ticket. The maximum rate for 1 day of parking is 10 euro.

It is in Dutch but these are the links to both car parks for whatever you can make out:

q-park.nl/tabid/657/qparkPar...

q-park.nl/tabid/657/qparkPar...

About safety: your car will be as safe as can be expected when you park in a public car park. Break ins are always possible as you will understand. But in these car parks one cannot simply drive off with your car since it's a closed (but open air) car park.

Finally, there is a parking garage next to the station called De Argonaut.
    The day rate is 23.50 euro and the hour rate is 2.35 euro. This will be the safest place for your car since it is a manned parking garage.

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Apr 29, 2011 at 11:38 AM

In case I've confused you with my reply, I am talking about 2 parking lots and 1 parking garage which are all directly next to Amersfoort's main station.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 29, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Last time I had to park there, I park on the street in the Borgesiusstraat. I have no idea if it's still for free. It's a five minutes walk from there.

The car parks should be secure. I noticed last week construction at the North side of the station has started; better avoid that area.

PJ

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Apr 29, 2011 at 2:16 PM

The north side that PJ mentions would be the P. Mondriaanplein.
    I did not mention any free parking possibilities since the poster didn't ask for it. In my experience, parking and Amersfoort don't go together very well, moneywise!

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 29, 2011 at 3:46 PM

The last time parking for free in the street was quiet some time ago yet (but you never know).

.... wait, parkeerservice.nl/amersfoort... still shows me that's it's free parking in the Borgesiuslaan (not Borgesiusstraat).

PJ

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines