Popular American Samoa Travel Answer Locations

• I wanna visit American Samoa?

American Samoa Apr 23, 2014 at 10:13 PM

How do I visit your country?

5 Answers May 21, 2014 at 4:09 PM
    • daisyak31's Profile Photo

Pago Pago, AS

Pago Pago Feb 14, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Will anyone be in AS in May or November of this year?

4 Answers May 21, 2014 at 7:38 PM
    • 8 hours in port

Pago Pago Nov 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM

will be on a cruise ship that is in port for 8 hours, what should I do in Pago Pago? I do not snorkel, not able to do long walks, or should I just find a nice place to eat and enjoy the local fare - which is ?any suggestions or recommendations appreciated.

7 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM
    • Dress in American Samoa

American Samoa Jul 2, 2013 at 3:48 PM

My husband and I are traveling to Pago Pago for work. I've been told that I should wear skirts that go below the knee as women in American Samoa do not show the knee. Additionally I'm told that slacks are okay, long shorts below the knee okay and jeans are a definite no. Does anyone know if this is true or have any other information.
      Thanks

2 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    • etfromnc's Profile Photo

Now that I am going, what do I do?

American Samoa May 21, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I will be arriving in Pago Pago three weeks from tonight and have no idea what to do once I get there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I do not even know where I will be spending that first night. I plan to spend a few days in (Western or Independent) Samoa but my primary reason for going is that, other than Puerto Rico, American Samoa is about the only part of America which I have not visited.
      Thanks again for any help which anyone is willing to offer.

1 Answer May 21, 2013 at 7:52 PM
    • Travel Buddy, Wanted: Route 66

American Samoa May 3, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Hey Guys

So the plan is to Travel Route 66, all the way from Chicago right up to Las Vegas. I’ve set aside 3 – 5 weeks to do this. I am planning on doing this road trip next summer (July time, 2014). If anyone was thinking about doing this, give me shout I would love to know your ideas.

I’m that person who is stuck in a 9-5 job, and just itching to get out of it and go traveling, I have received a lot of information about this trip, so if you fancy it, give me a message

thanks guys

4 Answers Jul 28, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Trip planning

American Samoa Mar 7, 2013 at 2:03 PM

American Samoa is now at the top of my list of places to visit. I am aware that it is remote and expensive and less commercially developed (I may just stay there to get away from it all.) but I want to go. While I am in the area, I would, however, love to visit some other nearby lands. So far, my research indicates that (Independent or Western ) Samoa is the only other reasonable place unless you own your own boat or airplane, and I do not. I would appreciate any suggestions which anyone can offer as to other accessible lands AND as to what a person who enjoys beaches but is not an avid swimmer should be certain to do when visiting any of the Samoan islands. I will be traveling from the USA. Has anyone had any experience flying to either Pago Pago or Apia and then returning from the other. It seems that this would save one eight hour ferry ride.

4 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Other destinations of convenience

American Samoa Aug 13, 2011 at 12:22 PM

I hope to visit American Samoa during 2012. In doing my research, I am developing the opinion that it is next to impossible to get there. This being the case, I would like to visit other islands/nations relatively nearby. Western Samoa is obviously one such place. Any other destination suggestions which others are willing to share with me would be greatly appreciated.

13 Answers Sep 6, 2011 at 8:18 PM
    • Tourist visa requirements for NZ's wanting to visit A/Samoa

American Samoa Jan 3, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Hi

Could anyone tell me where I could find the visa requirements for a visit to American Samoa.

Of the web sites I have found (and there are not too many of them) two say a visa is required, and one say not.

Thanks
      Maril2

5 Answers Jan 3, 2009 at 1:16 AM
    • dee

American Samoa Sep 24, 2008 at 4:40 AM

i am coming to stay for about a month in pago pago. what should i watch out for.i hear i can not drink the water. how about mosquitos? what should i bring from california that i can not buy in pago pago. are there any good beaches to swim in? i want to pack light. what should i bring to dress. i am coming in october 2008 anything i should know.

• tupperwarechick's Profile Photo

Samoa Wedding

American Samoa Sep 4, 2008 at 9:26 PM

Hi everyone,

I am looking for information about getting married in Rarotonga. Did you get a package deal? Where would you recommend?? Where would you NOT recommend! Just looking for ideas thanks. :) Any price range is fine. Please also let me know what currency you are quoting in. Cheers!

4 Answers Sep 7, 2008 at 1:57 PM
    • Ceremonial Bowl

American Samoa Nov 20, 2007 at 9:34 AM

A Somoan Priest would like me to refinish a Ceremonial Bowl for him. What do they use to treat the bowl to make it very dark?

1 Answer Nov 20, 2007 at 9:56 AM
    • Pago Pago worth a visit from Apia?

American Samoa Aug 28, 2007 at 9:40 AM

I will be in Apia for a few days next year.

Is it worth to fly to Pago Pago to spend the night and visit? It seems seems I will be so close, we should take a look??

I will stay 3 nights at Coconuts (W Samoa), 1 night a Sadies (American Samoa), and 2 nights at La Legoto (W Samoa Savaii)

Any other suggestions also appreciated.

2 Answers Sep 10, 2007 at 4:30 AM
    • LittleWonder's Profile Photo

Samoa or Tahiti?

American Samoa Apr 7, 2004 at 6:41 PM

Hi, I just realized I have enough frequent flyer miles to go to American Samoa or Tahiti! So... which should it be, and when? When is a good time to visit American Samoa? ...any interesting festivales etc.? What does Samoa offer which Tahiti does'nt have? (I'm interested in nature, hiking, snorkeling, + other outdoors activities) Please help me decide :o) -LW

8 Answers Jan 21, 2007 at 1:51 PM
    • Iced_Tea's Profile Photo

Finding a friend in Pago Pago

American Samoa Feb 6, 2004 at 5:19 PM

Kevin Gordon-Smith, commerical fishing boat captain is missed by friends in the States. Any ideas on how to contact anyone in the Pago Pago area?

2 Answers Mar 5, 2008 at 7:32 AM
    • cost of living

American Samoa Sep 3, 2003 at 5:07 PM

how much are things like a 3bd home, utilities, etc for year round living - frugal but near good swimming

1 Answer Jun 14, 2005 at 4:18 PM