Amelia Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• hotels in miami

Miami 15 hours ago

I'm coming feb 20th wIth my family. What doeseveryone think about casablanca or flamingo hotel??

more
    • Alaskan Licence Plates

Orlando Aug 25, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Every holiday we play a game with our two boys to spot as many different US States licence plates while we drive around Orlando. This holiday is our best yet we have spotted 49 out of the 50 US States with only Alaska to go. We've tried everything to spot one to no avail. We only have 3 days left! Does anyone know where we could find one on a friends vehicle or a colleague you may know in the vicinity of Orlando. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and you'd make two (three!) boys very happy. Thanks in advance.

more
    • gecor's Profile Photo

What to do in 6 hours

Miami Aug 20, 2015 at 9:10 AM

Hello, I have been in Miami before, let's say I know a little bit.
      This time, I have a connecting flight in October, the layover is for 6 hours. My idea is get out of the airport, go to the beach, eat something, walk a little bit. Any suggestions for that? Any local restaurant I have to try?

more
    • Orlando February/ March

Orlando Aug 16, 2015 at 7:17 AM

Just wondering if many rides are closed for refurbishments end of February/ start of March? Also are the water rides open with the weather being cooler?

more
    • mini bus charter company

Cape Canaveral Aug 4, 2015 at 4:50 PM

Just booked a mini bus with Port Canaveral Mini Bus Charter (capecanaveralminibuscharter....) for a good price ($240 roundtrip from cruise port to universal studios. Wondering if this company is legit. Left message and guy called me back. Didn't sound like a large company. Trying to save $$ by doing own transportation to universal and just don't want to get scammed on a family vacation.

more
    • Stay a night?

Miami Aug 18, 2015 at 4:19 AM

For Spring Break next year in March I will be flying into Miami, arriving at 2pm. I will be traveling with my 12 year old daughter, but we wanted to see the beach, the University of Miami and the Miami Mall. We were planning on driving to Orlando around 7pm. Do you suggest that we stay one night in Miami or just leave that night for Orlando?

more
    • OAPDave's Profile Photo

Public transport

Florida City Aug 16, 2015 at 4:38 AM

I am planning a trip to Florida for the first time. I want to stay around boca Raton or Hollywood area and want to know about public transport in that area.
      Thankyou.

more
    • Worth the trip

Rosemary Beach Aug 15, 2015 at 1:23 PM

Hi we will be in charleston and Savannah for 6 days then driving down to Orlando taking a week to stop at various places is it worth detouring via Rosemary beach for 2 days or not worth the 8 hour round trip thanks

more
    • Transportation

Key West Aug 7, 2015 at 8:15 AM

How hard is the bus system to use? I'm looking to get 6 people from Cudjoe Key to Key West for the day without any of us having to worry about driving.

more
    • oromer's Profile Photo

11 days in Florida with car, what to do?

Florida Aug 25, 2015 at 6:06 AM

We (65+ couple) will arrive to Miami at Sept. 8, rent a car and try to see, tour, experience, eat and buy the best of Florida. Finishing at Sept 19 in Cape Canaveral, then we'll take a cruise.
      Will really appreciate tips about places, tours, restaurants, attractions, etc.

more
    • Re: day tour (12/5/15)

Fort Lauderdale Aug 5, 2015 at 10:41 AM

I have a group of 6 or more arriving from Celebrity Infinity on 12/5 and would like to tour everglades national park & air boat through big Cypress national park from 8:30 am (pickup from port of Everglades) to 4:00 pm (drop off at FLL airport).

more
    • trip to key west 4th-8th April 2016

Key West Jul 31, 2015 at 12:07 AM

Hi all,
      I'm planning on visiting Key West (for the first time) next April (4-8). Will there still be spring breakers around (college students)?

more
    • Checkpoint

Key West Aug 23, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Hi everyone..
      Me and my friend plan to visit Key West next week, I wondering if there is any immigration checkpoint there??
      Anyone can help me answer this question?

Thank you :)

more
    • Concerned son

by ck061789 Online Now Jan 13, 2015 at 7:12 AM

My parents (80 & 76) are planning to drive from Hartford to Amelia Island later this month. I don't think they should be driving this distance at their ages and my Mom is absolutely terrified. They are renting a condo for two months so they would need to take periodic trips to local grocery store to stock shelves. I was thinking I'd buy them airline tickets in lieu of their plan. What transportation services are available down there? Renting a car for two months could be prohibitively expensive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
      Curt

22 Answers Jan 16, 2015 at 12:21 PM
    • Aviationman100's Profile Photo

Visiting Amelia Island in October and Novemeber

by Aviationman100 Online Now Oct 17, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Hello all. I'm visiting Amelai Island for a few weeks and was wondering if anyone knows if there are any Halloween Cosume Partys for adults in the area I can goto? Also I enjoy scuba diving and snorkeling. are there any places to do this in this area? Last can you recommend places to go for night life where there is dancing for a middle aged guy like myself? Please no techno or rap...lol Thanks for your help.

7 Answers Oct 17, 2014 at 10:28 AM
    • SONG's Profile Photo

oops....sorry about the post just before this.......AMELIA ISLAND

by SONG Online Now Aug 27, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Going to Amelia Island Florida ......a mini meet with locals??
      Posted: Thu August 27, 2009 08:07 PM EDT
      HI....My girlfriend and I are headed to Amelia Island over Labor Day weekend,
      Sept 4 - 5- 6 and early 7 and I know there are a few VTers in the area. Anyone who wants to get together for a cup of coffee or sandwich, just email me here at VT: SONG@VTmail.com. Do you know of any special activities for that weekend on the island? What restaurants would you recommend? We have a place to stay so that is not a problem. Anything that we should be SURE and see?
      Kathy in Sunny Florida?SONG

1 Answer Aug 27, 2009 at 8:49 PM
    • transportation

by maroonfan Online Now Nov 26, 2007 at 11:05 AM

What companies or individuals provide transportation from Jacksonville airport to Amelia Island? What are the rates?
      Thanks for your help !

1 Answer Nov 26, 2007 at 6:18 PM