Amboseli National Park Travel Answers

change location

Amboseli's services and attractions

by Ripa-b Online Now Mar 17, 2008 at 1:16 PM

I am doing my coursework on Amboseli National park, and i need to find information about the services they provide.
Are there any education or information centres in Amboseli National park? or nearby? What is the nearest market near Amboseli National park?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Krumel's Profile Photo

Re: Amboseli's services and attractions

by Krumel Online Now Mar 18, 2008 at 1:06 AM

What do you mean by "services"? There are no services as such in the park itself. There are a few lodges and a camping site. Cynthia Moss also has her camp there for her elephant research, but this is not in general open to tourists, and as far as I remember not even signposted, and does not provide education or information to tourists.

For any further info I suggest to have a look at the website of the Kenya Wildlife Service (http://www.kws.org/amboseli.html) and possibly contact them directly to see if they can answer your questions.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Amboseli's services and attractions

by fabriz09 Online Now May 2, 2008 at 4:45 AM

Depending on what type of course work you are doing below are wildlife based institutions that could be helpfull;
    1. The Elephant Research
    2. Wildlife Educational Center (Kimana
    3. Baboons Research Center.
    and the more educative is the community / KWS / Born Free initiatives on Human Wildlife Conflict.
    The nearest market centre is Kimana and administratively Loitokitok town.
    While there try and visit the upper catchment of Amboseli Eco-system.For more information contact Mihon Destination Management Services- Nairobi.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines