Amboseli National Park Travel Answers

change location

will the drought impact my safari?

by ann-nyc Online Now Jul 23, 2006 at 1:23 PM

I'm scheduled to go on safari in October 2006. The trip will go to Amboseli, Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro,, Olduvai Gorge, and the Serengeti. I'm concerned about the impact about the drought. Will I still see wildlife?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: will the drought impact my safari?

by Son_ Online Now Aug 9, 2006 at 3:45 AM

Hi,

You will see lots of animals during this time of the year. There was plentiful rainfall during the months of April and May and the short rains are scheduled for end October to November.
    Enjoy your safari!
    regards,
    Sonal

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: will the drought impact my safari?

by lin1don4 Online Now Aug 21, 2006 at 3:10 PM

Hello Mdigo, I hope that you will see this positng in response to your reply. You mentined that one should check references of a tour company before using them. I've checked with KATO and the company we are using isn't a member, but are a member of ASTA. Do you have any input on this conpany: AfricaPoint? We are booking with them for Kenya, Tanzania, Victoria Falls and Seychelle's. We are waiting for confirmation for their tour (about 2 months now...) and are just adding the Victoria Falls part ourselves and also more days in the Seychelle's.

Thanks for you input or from anyone else who may have info on this tour company.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines