Amboise Travel Answers

change location
smeans2's Profile Photo

Need advice about the wisdom of a late March visit

by smeans2 Online Now Dec 12, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I will be in Paris later in March, and I want to extend the trip to visit Bourges and Chartres (by train). I've discovered I could easily visit at least part of the Loire Valley (by car) en route from Bourges to Chartres, but I have to wonder if this is a crazy idea. I don't expect anyone to predict the weather, but is the area (roughly from Tours to Orleans) likely to be at all rewarding at this time of the year? Perhaps there will be a very early spring :-), but assuming there is not, I would appreciate any thoughts on my sanity. I should confess that while I would want to visit a major chateau or two, this would not be my primary interest--landscape, villages, churches are my things. I'm sure there are better times to visit, but I'm working with the opportunity I have.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Need advice about the wisdom of a late March visit

by Beausoleil Online Now Dec 12, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Hi. I answered your question in the Blois Forum, but logged on here to reiterate Amboise is a great base for touring the area that seems to interest you.

Highly recommended.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • smeans2's Profile Photo

Re: Need advice about the wisdom of a late March visit

by smeans2 Online Now Dec 13, 2010 at 4:57 AM

Thanks, Beausoleil, for this most helpful response. You have provided me with valuable advice in the past (re: Paris), and, once again, the generous sharing of your knowledge and experience are greatly appreciated. Many thanks! --Spencer

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines