Amboise Travel Answers

change location

New Year's Restaurant Assistance

by pcsqueen Online Now Dec 16, 2005 at 9:33 PM

Hi -

My husband and I are staying in the Loire Valley between 27DEC05 and 01JAN06. I booked a hotel, Hôtel du Bon Laboureur, in Chenonceaux, based on its excellent reviews.
Found out AFTER the reservation was set in stone (meaning that I'd have to pay, at a minimum, 50% charge to cancel) that the restaurant will be closed on New Year's eve. (Could they have noted that when I called to inquire about a room???????????)

Since eating on premesis was my goal for the 31st, now I have to find someplace that is still accepting reservations. I've tried three places already, only to be told that they are booked.
The reservation folks at Bon Laboureru aren't much help, other than giving me names and phone numbers of places in Amboise. I have to call the restaurants and inquire about reservations.

Can anyone recommend a small, bistro-type restaruant in Amboise. I'm reluctant to drive to far afield; plus, right about now, I'm not in the mood to don formal attire, which is required at many of the booked-up restaurants.

Thanks in advance.

Merry Christmas! Joyeaux Noel! Froliche Weinacht!

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines