change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Advice on itinerary and transportation

Madagascar Mar 24, 2015 at 10:02 AM

Hello everyone!

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Madagascar this August, but we have some unsolved questions we hope some of you can helps us answer. We are both in our mid 20's and experienced travellers.

First of all, we have planned the following itinerary. Is it too ambitious? Should we rent a driver in Antananarivo for the first 16 days, or is it easier/cheaper to find a driver from place to place?

Day 1: Antananarivo

Day 2: Going to Fianarantsoa/Ambaiavao

Day 3-5: Trekking in Andringitra national park

Day 6: Going to Antsirabe

Day 7: Antsirabe - Morondava

Day 8: Arranging 4 day tour to Tsingy de bemaraha

Day 9-12: Tsingy de bemaraha

Day 13: Relax in Morondava

Day 14+15: Going back to Antananarivo

Day 16: Going to Ile aux nattes

Day 17-21: Ile aux nattes

Day 22: Back to Antananarivo

Day 23-25: Buffer days

Is it possible to get from Antananarivo to ile aux nattes in one day with bus? (they explain about a fancy new bus in the Bradt guide, not so expensive). Also, we have a maximum budget of 1300 euros/1500 US dollars. Is that realistic? We travel with a tent and do not stay fancy places, but always double rooms.

If anyone know good local tour companies to Tsingy de bemaraha and Andringritra, it would be very welcome :)

We really hope some of you experienced Madagascar travellers have a few minutes to leave a reply :)

Best regards

more
    • Madagascar Trekking

Madagascar Apr 7, 2015 at 5:07 PM

I'm going to Madagascar this summer and wonder how safe it is for a woman travelling alone around the country?

Also, as I'm a bit nervous about heading off on my own I'm considering joining a group trekking tour. I'd love to do some challenging trekking, but at low cost. Does anyone know of companies that offer good value trekking trips from 14-21+ days?

Thank you!

more