Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MissParamin's Profile Photo

New Year's 2015

Caye Caulker Dec 16, 2014 at 2:51 AM

Hi all,

My husband and I will be spending our New Year's in Belize's Caye Caulker and was wondering what New Year's Eve/Day is like there. Would there be many events to attend on the night also can anyone recommend a good restaurant for dinner? Is it best to perhaps book as I imagine it can be quite busy...

Any suggestions/recommendations will be most helpful.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Safety Concern

Caye Caulker Dec 1, 2014 at 12:26 PM

We have been thinking about going to Caye Faulker but after reading such scary reviews of things that happen there we are really concerned if we will be safe there. We are four ladies age 62. Should we stay away and go somewhere else? We really wanted to experience everyday carebbean life and not stay at some fancy all inclusive place
      Thank you for any help
      Brenda

more
    • MissParamin's Profile Photo

Belize City to Flores

Belize City Dec 16, 2014 at 3:15 AM

Hi Everyone, Please could you help. My husband and I are looking for the best way (apart from flying) to get from Belize City to Flores by bus. I am interested to hear about your experiences and any advice you can offer. Is there a best option of the buses. I have been reading about the Linea Dorada and think this may be a good option for us. I look forward to your responses. Regards

more
    • what caye is best for us

by thoevelk Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Family of 4 heading to belize in early August and I dont know what caye to stay on. Please help. I was going to try to rent a VRBO place to stay, I want nice beaches to wade in and snorkel, restaraunts and shops to window shop. I dont want seclusion and I dont want super packed crowded bumping into people tryjng to sell me stuff every 15 minutes. I would love to rent a scooter or golf cart. We want to stay in a nice accomadations not low budget accomadations. We dont want to take a 2 hour water taxi ride to get there, too long. Ight tame a day trip to mainland for cave tour.

5 Answers Mar 28, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    • Hobie cat ride 1/2 day

by Heatherholly4 Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 8:19 AM

I am staying at the Spindrift Hotel and would like to go out on a hobie cat ….Where is the nearest place to walk and go sailing?

• Possibly moving need information

by Newpossibilities Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 8:24 PM

So my boyfriend and I are from the U.S. and we're thinking about moving to Ambergris Caye, Belize in the next couple of years. Could someone please give me a little information about the things I'll need before making this move? Also could I get an average number on the amount of money I'll need to have saved before making this move? Are there many job opportunities for people coming from another country there? I know I'll need to get a work permit how long will that take can I apply for one before I move?

1 Answer Feb 8, 2014 at 2:48 PM
    • Should I travel to Belize? I am a 30 year old single guy from Newport Beach California

by newtraveler101 Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 5:38 PM

My friend has free room for me for 5 days in belize next week if I want to go... Will I be bored out of my mind for that long there? What will I do ? Will I meet girls? How much money will I be spending if my room is free?

4 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 7:27 PM
    • Pros and cons getting to Ambergris from Belize city

by boombooms Online Now Dec 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Should I fly or take the 3 hour boat from Belize city to ambergris...please give your reasons why...

Many thanks

2 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • Grocery Store - Fruit and Veggies

by vasanche Online Now Nov 17, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Hello - headed to Ambergris Ca in a couple of weeks with 10 other family members.
      We are clear on using bottled water for everything. Curious about the fruit and veggies there. Do you suggest cooking everything or will we be safe with raw fruit and veggies.
      Also where can we buy good seafood for cooking dinner at the resort?

Thanks so much - Virginia

4 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • Are there mopeds to rent around ambergris cay?

by kallak Online Now Nov 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Are there mopeds to rent?

1 Answer Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • BarbCA89's Profile Photo

pet sitters or kennels for cat

by BarbCA89 Online Now Sep 27, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I will be spending the month of October on Ambergris.
      I am bringing my cat with me.
      If I want to spend 4 to 5 days on the mainland are there kennels or (preferably pet sitters that are trustworthy

4 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM
    • BarbCA89's Profile Photo

Pet sitters or kennels

by BarbCA89 Online Now Sep 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Is it possible to find a pet sitter or kennel for a cat on Ambergris

• Visiting Ambergris Cay from Oct 8 - Oct 15

by kuang0204 Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 8:10 AM

This is my first time to visit Belize, not sure what to expect if I decide to visit from Oct 8 - Oct 15th. I enjoy water acitivities and would love to visit mayan sites and do some hikings when weather permits, with that being said, my main concern is the likelyhood of being able to do all these outdoor activities in mid October. I've heard anytime is a good time to visit Belize but the hurricane season could rain a lot and ruin the experience. Any suggestions and/or past experiences are appreciated.

4 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 1:39 PM
    • what food can we bring in our luggage?

by ahiestand Online Now Jul 6, 2013 at 7:11 PM

We are looking to bring hard salami, beef jerky, some snacks like popcorn, jars of dip, etc. How about a bottle or 2 of alcohol? Is there any issue with this? Will customs give us a bad time?

3 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 4:21 PM
    • Trip to Ambergris Cay

by winterpark1985 Online Now May 2, 2013 at 1:02 PM

My husband and I are going at the last week of May. Very excited! Staying at changes in latitude I think close to San Pedro. Want to snorkel as much as possible! Sny info appreciated!! Have traveled the world and last March 2013 spent a long time in Thailand and some time on Kaoh Tao! It was amazing as is all of Thailand!! Beth

3 Answers May 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    • Where are the fewest mosquitoes?

by bernardski Online Now Jul 31, 2010 at 10:07 AM

I have been told to stay North of San Pedro as the Mosquitoes and sand flies were less than South. Have looked at several nice properties south but am avoiding them. Is this correct? Currently looking at Grand Caribe

3 Answers Jul 31, 2010 at 5:01 PM
    • minktastic's Profile Photo

Ambergris Caye or Placencia?? (URGENT!!)

by minktastic Online Now Jun 22, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Please help!! My husband and I are making last-minute plans to vacation from July 1-6. We want a nice beach vacation, not overly touristy but not too remote. We'd love to go somewhere with clear water and comfortable beaches, great snorkeling (right off the beach and/or cheap and easy to get to), and some kind of small town with local restaurant options.

We think we've narrowed it down to 2 good options: Ambergris Caye and Placencia. I understand that Ambergris Caye is a little more touristy than Placencia, but it doesn't seem like it's gotten too bad. Which place has the better beaches, the better snorkeling, the more interesting town? Or, is there anything else that we should be considering in comparing the two? Any information or opinions to help tip the scales would be useful!

(Side note: the two hotels were looking at are Corona del Mar in AC, and Maya Beach Hotel in Placencia.)

2 Answers Jun 27, 2010 at 12:59 PM
    • susanj0307's Profile Photo

Ak'bol Yoga Resort

by susanj0307 Online Now Jun 5, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Does anyone have experience with Ak'bol Yoga Resort on Ambergris Caye. I am thinking of spending some time there in December and would welcome guidance.

1 Answer Jun 5, 2010 at 10:40 PM
    • Laurynik

by Laurynik Online Now Jan 17, 2009 at 10:42 AM

This is our first time in Belize and I we are traveling to Ambergris Cay/Staying at Legacy Beach Resort. Can you tell me if any good seafood places on the Island? Is it hard to get to a grocery store from Legacy? I will have my husband, 2 children (ages 16 and 14). Anything we shouldn't miss? How often will we see Iguana's??? Thank's for any responses....

6 Answers Feb 1, 2009 at 7:45 PM
    • Cabana on the beach

by wizzyliz Online Now Aug 7, 2008 at 1:16 PM

Hi. Considering a trip to Ambergris Caye next Spring. Looking for a nice bungalow for two on the beach where the water is accessible - no sea grass. Luxury is not essential. Have looked at Hotel del Rio, Paradise Hotel, as well as Coral Bay Villas and Captain Morgan's. All suggestions welcome!

3 Answers Aug 11, 2008 at 6:13 AM
    • Foundryman1's Profile Photo

Golfcart /bicycle/kayak rental

by Foundryman1 Online Now Nov 17, 2007 at 8:12 AM

I'll be in San Pedro for two weeks at christmas this year.What's the going rate for a gas powered cart now? any deals for two weeks? I've rented from Ultimate cart rental before-Are they still in bussiness?I'll need to rent the usual assortment of toys as well.Anyone know who could deliver some kayaks to us?-We'll be staying in Reef Village-Thanks-C

2 Answers Jan 11, 2008 at 4:31 AM
    • apartments for rent

by garyknox Online Now Mar 10, 2007 at 1:45 PM

I'm visiting for a week in june with hopes of retiring there on2,000 a month. Can I make it down there and does anybody know of long term rentals fairly cheap? thanks, gary

1 Answer Mar 23, 2007 at 8:13 AM
    • Taxi, or other transportation to Captain Morgans

by dennis_larson Online Now Jan 10, 2007 at 4:56 PM

We will be going to Ambergris Cay, San Pedro Airport. We need to find out the best and most economical way to get from the Airport to Captain Morgans. Are there taxi's available, or do we need to rent a golf cart. We have been there before, but everything was arranged for us. Thanks.

Denny

• Concerning Estel and Charlie Worthington

by MillerPI Online Now Oct 6, 2006 at 6:58 PM

Hello, friends: Last I heard, you were opening a hotel in San Pedro Town, after your experiences with Charlie's Grill in the 80's and 90's. Is that so? If so, can you provide me information on rates, etc?

Hal Miller
      MillerPI@comcast.net

• FatElvis's Profile Photo

what is the single scene/nightlife like on ambergris cay

by FatElvis Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 10:58 AM

I am not looking for cancun size mega clubs with smoke machines and lasers but I dont like live music and mix and mingle games
      does ambergris cay have any of that
      also are there any party cruises ?

3 Answers Jul 6, 2010 at 5:16 AM
    • Resort experiences

by bubbleblower Online Now May 13, 2006 at 9:32 AM

Anyone have any feedback on Journey's End Resort insofar as service, amenities, etc....?? Too late to turn back or change now, but staying there the 1st week of June....TIA for any feedback from past experience.

• Accommodations Recommendation

by davemg Online Now May 10, 2005 at 10:45 AM

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Ambergris Cay in June. We love this site. It has been very helpful. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay? In other threads on this topic Ramon’s comes highly recommended. We are looking into The Sundiver Beach Resort and The Salamander. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 Answer May 16, 2005 at 1:11 PM
    • accomadations

by renee&ralph Online Now Nov 7, 2004 at 8:18 PM

Has anyone ever stayed at the coral bay villas or caribbean vills in san padro? Does anyone know why the hotels north of ramons are so hugely expensive compared to the ones in the center secton of the beach??My husband and I are traveling to san pardo for the first time at the end of april any info would be great..cheers

3 Answers Mar 23, 2005 at 12:00 PM
    • san pedro where to stay?

by carolanne76 Online Now Oct 11, 2004 at 1:59 AM

Any advice about accomodation in san pedro? thinking of somewhere like coconuts or tropica? heard tropica isn't marvellous!

4 Answers Jul 1, 2005 at 8:42 PM
    • Mata Chica

by RnTPonchyLA Online Now Oct 7, 2004 at 11:03 AM

Has anyone stayed at Mata Chica resort? Give us the low down on the property. Thanks

1 Answer Dec 3, 2004 at 2:14 PM
    • cheap drink hole

by henry777 Online Now Oct 1, 2004 at 6:22 PM

cheap drink hole in San Pedro.............?????

1 Answer Oct 2, 2004 at 9:14 AM
    • Various Questions ...

by Doc_Sandy Online Now Dec 30, 2003 at 2:16 PM

1. Is it a good idea to bring a mosquito net to use when sleeping? 2. What is the availability of ATMs for cash withdrawls in San Pedro? 3. Is VISA widely accepted? I am jsut trying to figure out what to bring for money, how much to bring etc. Thanks!

5 Answers Jul 28, 2004 at 7:56 PM
    • food, water, groceries, bugs

by Vassar Online Now Dec 27, 2003 at 3:34 PM

My husband and I are going to Belize January 4-9,2004 with our two adult duaghters and their husbands...oldest daughter is 5 months pregnant ...we are staying at Xanadu Island Resort in a 3 bedroom villa....there is no restaurant there...where's best place to buy groceries for breakfast foods and perhaps lunch ideas...dinner will be out. I worry about the water especially for the pregnant daughter...we all want to relax and read, walk and fish, swim and snorkel...but nothing beyond that...it's a chance to get away from winter in the northeast of US...do we need repellant for bugs? I need a response quickly since I will be packing this week for departure next weekend...this is a first for all of us, so I want it to be memorable...shall we stay in the resort restaurants for dinner...which onces are close to Xanadu that won't require too much walking.

4 Answers Dec 27, 2003 at 9:29 PM