Ambergris Cay Travel Answers

change location

Cabana on the beach

by wizzyliz Online Now Aug 7, 2008 at 1:16 PM

Hi. Considering a trip to Ambergris Caye next Spring. Looking for a nice bungalow for two on the beach where the water is accessible - no sea grass. Luxury is not essential. Have looked at Hotel del Rio, Paradise Hotel, as well as Coral Bay Villas and Captain Morgan's. All suggestions welcome!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • jlynyc's Profile Photo

Re: Cabana on the beach

by jlynyc Online Now Aug 7, 2008 at 3:32 PM

I stayed at Capt. Morgan's last year and it was great, but there's seagrass in the water. it was definitely more sparse than what i saw on the beaches closer to San Pedro, but it's there nonetheless. (there isn't that much of it that you can't wade into the water though - and it only goes out so far, so you can still take a bit of a swim in the sea.) the bungalow/apartments were very nice and the resort has 2 pools. views from the pools/beach are gorgeous. very relaxing and peaceful. fyi, it's appx. 5 minute ride on the water taxi to get to/from San Pedro (or rent an expensive bike/golf cart for the trip to town). i really enjoyed belize - it was probably one of the most relaxing vacations i've ever taken. completely user-friendly and great weather. good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Cabana on the beach

by wizzyliz Online Now Aug 8, 2008 at 8:54 AM

Thanks for your advice! Much appreciated.

• Foundryman1's Profile Photo

Re: Cabana on the beach

by Foundryman1 Online Now Aug 11, 2008 at 6:13 AM

Hotel del Rio is a very plain little cabana-no pool.Clean but unexciting -not in the greatest spot on the beach. Near the inlet and not only is there sea grass but also some Mangroves in front.

Paradise hotels has been turned into condos a few years back-closer to town.

Captain Morgans is sweet.Up on the northside of the island and very clean and tidy-well run by nice people.Only drawback is you need to take the watertaxi to town.

I've been staying at Reef Village because a relative bought a unit there-Still some construction going on there but its going to be nice when it's built out.-no beach but a nice pool.

Royal Carribean has some nice cottages south of town -might be what you're looking for.

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any specific questions about the island -C

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines