Ambergris Cay Travel Answers

change location
FatElvis's Profile Photo

what is the single scene/nightlife like on ambergris cay

by FatElvis Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 10:58 AM

I am not looking for cancun size mega clubs with smoke machines and lasers but I dont like live music and mix and mingle games
does ambergris cay have any of that
also are there any party cruises ?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Foundryman1's Profile Photo

RE: what is the single scene/nightlife like on ambergris cay

by Foundryman1 Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 4:23 PM

It's what you make of it.It's a pretty sleepy place compared to Cancun.There are clubs and discos that all seem to take a turn running a special so everone goes to a different place every night.Ask a local which clubs are busy when.Don't panic .....you'll get lucky...(I'm married but my nephews your age had a good time)---CR

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lojoblais's Profile Photo

Re: what is the single scene/nightlife like on ambergris cay

by lojoblais Online Now Jul 2, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Foundry -- my friend & I are women in our 40's, who also would like nightlife. I, too, am not particularly fond of the mega/laser/smoke clubs. But I do LOVE to dance & love music of all kinds (except that techno stuff at the mega clubs. We also don't mind getting silly occasionally & playing those stupid "getting to know you" games (it's vacation, why not? these people don't know you!). Where are these bars & such located? Do you have a suggestion as to where to stay that isn't too far away, but still has a nice beach?

• Foundryman1's Profile Photo

Re: what is the single scene/nightlife like on ambergris cay

by Foundryman1 Online Now Jul 6, 2010 at 5:16 AM

Fidos always has music -Its pretty mellow though. Almost everything on the island is in the town of San Pedro-which is only a couple miles wide.Get yourself a golfcart and drive around until you find something hopping.
    Because the island is inside the reef there are not the greatest beaches on Ambergris but most of the good hotels will have people raking up the sea grass everyday.Got any specific questions and I'll be glad to help-C

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines