Ambergris Cay Travel Answers

change location

accomadations

by renee&ralph Online Now Nov 7, 2004 at 8:18 PM

Has anyone ever stayed at the coral bay villas or caribbean vills in san padro? Does anyone know why the hotels north of ramons are so hugely expensive compared to the ones in the center secton of the beach??My husband and I are traveling to san pardo for the first time at the end of april any info would be great..cheers

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: accomadations

by katievalk Online Now Nov 8, 2004 at 5:19 AM

I prefer the property around Car Villas, much larger, more private and very good for birding. CBV are nice, but next to a commercial pier where goods are unoladed from ships and loaded onto trucks. Not sure what you mean by the center section of the beach, but you probably are referring to San Pedro town itself. Beaches are small, have alot of human traffic on the sand (thorough fares), boat traffic in the water in front and not for swimming. The north is much quieter, smaller more upscale inns and lodges, but you'll need a boat to get to and from town.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: accomadations

by robino3 Online Now Feb 20, 2005 at 10:29 AM

We are also going there at the end of April and I have be checking out resorts. We decided on Belizean Shores Resort. It is on the north side, is new, clean, has a great pool and very reasonable rates. I have talked to Christi at Belizean Islands Vacation who was wonderful and gave me great tips. I highly recommend her. Tell her Robin says hello.

• RE: accomadations

by Corryco Online Now Mar 23, 2005 at 12:00 PM

I was in San Pedro in October 2004. You don't want to stay outside of San Pedro town as the boat into and out of town is expensive. There is no nightlife, restaurants etc anywhere else. Accomadation prices depend on what the ammenities available within the hotel itself. Some of them have their own restaurants and pools etc. Pool is nice but there are plenty of restaurants right there in town. In the center of town there is more of the hustle and bustle of everyday living so this means more noise so accomadations can sometimes be cheaper. During the week though shops close down at 9pm it's just the clubs (2 maybe) you might hear but not too much. I stayed outside of town ( 15min boat ride) and i'm going back mid to end of April. This time i'll stay in town. Also, when you stay outside of town you can swim right out to the coral reef from the beach but in town i would imagine there would be too much boat traffic to do that. Have fun, i fell in love with the place. Corry

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines