change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Fayad89's Profile Photo

Travel new friends

Istanbul Yesterday

Im traveling to Istanbul in june next few days..who will be there in this period?

more
    • places to visit closeby marmaris

Marmaris 19 hours ago

Hello Fellas,

I am travelling to marmaris with my family (2years kid) for a week. Could you suggest me where can we visit except pamukkale, ephesus & rohdos island.

Thanks in Advance!

more
    • Getting from Bursa to Istanbul (not from Istanbul to Bursa)

Bursa May 23, 2015 at 8:53 AM

Hi! Could you help me! Many websites tell how to get from Istanbul to Bursa. I need to go only return (opposite) way - from Bursa to Istanbul. I plan to compose my way this way:  
      Bursa City Centre >> Organize Sanayi metro station >> Bus from Organize Sanayi metro station to Güzelyalı ferry port >> IDO ferry from Güzelyalı ferry terminal to Yenikapı ferry terminal in Istanbul.

I do not understand few things about this way from Bursa to Istanbul. Could you help me:

1. They say that at Güzelyalı ferry terminal there are special buses which MEET THE FERRY to take passengers to Organize Sanayi metro station in Bursa. There I need to catch that bus in opposite way? Near the metro stration? How can I found it there?

2. Does there the special bus, which meet the passengers near metro station and take it to specific ferry (I want to catch the 18:00 ferry from Güzelyalı ferry terminal). If so, does it have some timetable, to know then I need to be at Organize Sanayi metro station.

3. They say, that there is the combine ticket (ferry+bus) from the Istanbul to Bursa. If so, where I need to buy this combine ticket in Bursa>>Instanbul way? Can I buy it somethere near Organize Sanayi metro station or I need to buy ferry ticket separately, at Güzelyalı ferry terminal?

Thank you!

more
    • Busses to bar street?

Marmaris May 21, 2015 at 1:08 AM

Hello
      I am staying at club Alpina in July and didn't realise how far away it was to the beach front /bar street
      I was just wondering if there is any busses that run to these areas and if so how much are they? If not are taxis expensive?
      Thanks in advance

more
    • Cornelia's vs Titanic Deluxe

Belek May 17, 2015 at 5:23 AM

Hi. The wife and I are thinking of a holiday in Turkey next may (2016) to celebrate our 10 year anniversary and I have picked out the following hotels.

Cornelia diamond (Standard room)
      Cornelia Deluxe ( Swim up room )
      Titanic Deluxe ( Deluxe room )

It will be our first time in Turkey, can anyone help me with picking the right hotel. Any comments would be greatly appreciated...
      Thanks Steve

more
    • Yesilyurt & Istanbul Kart

Istanbul May 13, 2015 at 6:34 AM

I'll be staying one night near the airport and want to visit a lighthouse near the waterfront that looks to be near a train stop named "Yesilyurt." Is there a commuter train stop there? If so, where would I have to go to get on it, either coming from Sultanahmet area, or from the airport? Do I need a separate ticket for that, or will the Istanbul Kart cover that?
      Is there a bus that goes close to there? I didn't have much luck with the ulism (spelling?) web site in determining how to get there.

In terms of taking the train or metro across to Asia, is that covered by the Kart? I know ferries aren't but wasn't sure about Marmaray line, which might be different from the metro and trams.

Finally, is it possible to buy the Istanbul Kart with a credit card? I know you have to go to certain stations to get one (can't get one at just any tram stop) but what I'm not sure about is exactly how to purchase one. For example, at the Eminonu location, will it be obvious as to where I go to purchase it? Are they just available from machines or is there a real person there to help me if needed? Do they take credit cards?

Thanks.

more
    • e cigarette

Alanya May 27, 2015 at 5:34 AM

can i use my e cig here

more
    • JohnK137's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Turkey

Turkey May 23, 2015 at 2:40 AM

I will be meeting up with a Ukrainian girl in Turkey within a few weeks. I need help with accommodation for 90 days and if possible up to 6 months if my application for residence is successful.
      Somewhere clean and resonably priced.
      Thanks for any help offered.

more
    • Zah's Profile Photo

Istanbul Kart in Bursa

Bursa May 20, 2015 at 1:00 PM

Hei Pals,

I am going tomorrow to Bursa but I was wondering whether istanbulkart work in the public transportation there ??

more
    • moving on to Eceabet

Kesan May 30, 2015 at 7:59 AM

We are arriving in Kesan at approx. 1700 tomorrow but want to move directly down to Eceabet: does anyone know if there are buses from Kesan to Eceabet and, if there are, how often do then run? Thanks

more
    • 4 days in Istanbul

Istanbul May 30, 2015 at 6:16 AM

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip, and we might spend 4 days in Istanbul next August.

Do you guys have a suggestion for an accommodation, cheap and well located?

What would you say are the "must-see"? Do you have any other recommandation? :)

Thank you,

Romain

more
    • Cost of living

Turkey May 30, 2015 at 5:00 AM

What is the cost of things in Turkey these days? Haven't been for 5 years, so trying to get a feel for money I need to take.

more
    • price of beer

Kalkan May 26, 2015 at 2:50 PM

how much is a bottle of effes please

more
    • skydiving in turkey

Turkey May 22, 2015 at 11:37 PM

where can i go for good skydiving, i will be stayin at antalya, cappa n istanbul ??

more
    • How get to the Pamuk Museum?

Istanbul May 16, 2015 at 2:55 AM

Hello everybody!
      I really love Orhan Pamuk books and at this holiday I will be in Istanbul. I find on youtube that film (eng subtitles):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxp8M42pcYE

My question is how can I get here from Taksim square?

Regards ;)

more
    • Zah's Profile Photo

Buses Terminal at Taksim Square

Istanbul May 14, 2015 at 10:27 AM

The buses was used to be at taksim square next to gezi park, but after the renovation of the square they said that it was moved under the square. but there is only a high way downside and no bus stops like eminonu or the previous one next to the square ... Any answers ?

more
    • Monst007's Profile Photo

Weather in late October

Dalyan May 11, 2015 at 10:22 AM

Hi

Can anyone please tell me what the weather is usually like in late October & if the pools are still warm enough to swim in?

Thank you in advance!

Claire

more
    • weather in istanbul n antalya

Turkey May 26, 2015 at 11:29 PM

what is the weather like these days in these places, summer clothing is ok or not. i ll be travelling wid a 3yr old.

more
    • closed beaches

Marmaris May 18, 2015 at 12:43 AM

Hello,
      I was planning to visit marmaris this summer with my husband but I was wondering if there is any closed beaches for vailed women.I mean I 'm vailed but I really want to enjoy swimming without it ,so if there any hotels that have closed beaches for couples opened to the ocean?
      Thank you

more
    • AmrD's Profile Photo

9 days in Turkey

Turkey Yesterday

Hi all,
      I'll spend around 10 dayz in Turkey, I dont have any plans yet, i'm think i'll spend 4 days in istanbul and the rest in other city, i'm confused between Cappadocia and Antalya.
      What is your sugesstions?
      Thnaks

more
    • Euros or Lira

Marmaris May 30, 2015 at 5:05 AM

What currency do I need

more
    • how much cost all inclusive in the hotel

Turkey May 21, 2015 at 8:30 AM

Pls can u tell me how much cos all inclusive in the hotel..we want with husband buy first bed an breakfast tan in the hotel chenge for all incusive..I hear that i cheapper
      .pls help me

more
    • travelling to marmaris

Marmaris May 19, 2015 at 10:35 AM

Hello Folks, I am travelling to Marmaris in June next month with my family. Now I read too many things about ISIS.
      Is it really safe to go there now? I have plans to visit Epehsus, pammukkale too. Please suggest. Thanks in Advance!

more
    • Rent a car at the airport during August

Trabzon May 8, 2015 at 2:25 AM

Is it possible to choose and rent a car when you arrive at Trabzone airport on August 8th or you have to book in advance.
      Is cheaper if u rent it in the city

more
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Fethiye to Pamukkale

Fethiye May 23, 2015 at 1:24 PM

Hello all! I am heading to Turkey next month and will be based in Fethiye. I would really like to do a day trip to Pamukkale. Is this possible? I am definitely okay with leaving very early and getting back late. What are my options via public transport? ( I can't hire a car as I am a young Australian)

Thank you :)

more
    • LostinParadiseTR's Profile Photo

Hotels in Amasya

by LostinParadiseTR Online Now Mar 31, 2011 at 8:24 AM

I'm planning to spend four nights in Amasya in September ... will be arriving late in the day first night, so want to get organised in advance. I've been looking at hotels there .... the small hotels in Ottoman buildings look very atmospheric, but I wondered how comfortable they are? I'll be travelling on my own so will almost certainly end up in the smallest room.

Can anyone tell me if there are Ottoman style hotels with decent size rooms and all mod cons (aircon and reasonable bathroom)? Or would I need to choose a modern hotel to be comfortable?

All advice will be appreciated

4 Answers Jul 6, 2011 at 1:34 PM
    • LostinParadiseTR's Profile Photo

Transport from Merzifon Airport to Amasya center

by LostinParadiseTR Online Now Dec 10, 2010 at 7:14 AM

Turkish airlines began regular flights from Istanbul to Amasya Merzifon airport a couple of years ago. I am planning a trip there but have not been able to find any information about a Havaş or similar bus service from the airport into Amasya center. I've learned that the airport is 46 km outside the town center - so I really dont want to use a taxi. Does anyone know if there is a bus service of any kind? The flight is due to arrive at 18.00.

2 Answers Jul 17, 2013 at 12:22 PM