Amasra Travel Answers

change location

getting to Amasra from Ankara

by JayDonald Online Now Feb 24, 2007 at 7:07 PM

Any idea of how to get to Amasra from Ankara? Bus to some transfer point, but which? What sort of timetables (in July)? Is it simpler to take overnight bus from Ankara to Izmir, then backtrack to Amasra the next morning?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • MalenaN's Profile Photo

RE: getting to Amasra from Ankara

by MalenaN Online Now Feb 24, 2007 at 10:21 PM

When I went to Amasra I took a direct bus from Istanbul. There might be a direct bus from Ankara as well otherwise there are buses from Ankara to Bartin near Amasra and they take about five hours. From Bartin to Amasra there are frequent minibuses and the ride takes about half an hour. Izmir is very far from Amasra.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MalenaN's Profile Photo

RE: RE: getting to Amasra from Ankara

by MalenaN Online Now Feb 24, 2007 at 10:27 PM

I made a misstake! It's not very recent that I went to Amasra and I realised I did take a bus to Bartin, but I have heard there are direct buses from Istanbul.

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

RE: getting to Amasra from Ankara

by traveloturc Online Now Feb 25, 2007 at 12:39 AM

Hi
    All the busses on the direction of Karabuk-safranbolu-bartın are ok
    after bartın you can take a minibus for amasra
    Another alternative ( but longer ) can be Gerede-devrek-caycuma-bartın than to Amasra ..you can check my page of amasra
    good luck

• Sirvictor's Profile Photo

RE: RE: getting to Amasra from Ankara

by Sirvictor Online Now Feb 25, 2007 at 10:54 AM

There is no direct line to Amasra from Ankara. You must take the bus to Bartin which is 283 kms. There are 4 firms going to Bartin. You can always find a place. Barin to Amasra is 17 kms. There are in every half an hour minibus services. Amasra is quiete and sympatic. Eat Fish & sea products drink wine and prost for me.

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:0hZJp2Bn5XEJ:www.amasra.net/index.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26task%3Dview%26id%3D109+ankara+amasra+otobCs&hl=tr&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=tr

• karbonhidrat's Profile Photo

Re: getting to Amasra from Ankara

by karbonhidrat Online Now May 9, 2009 at 5:12 AM

In order to get to Amasra, one must go to Bartın. The bus trip takes four-and-a-half hours from Ankara. There are regular bus routes between Bartın and Ankara, İstanbul, İzmir, Trabzon, Bursa and Antalya. The distance between Bartın and Amasra is 17 kilometers and there is a minibus between the two every 30 minutes; the journey takes approximately 20 minutes.

--- bus companies to Bartın from ANKARA - İSTANBUL - İZMİR

* As74
    * Özemniyet
    * Metro
    * Özbartın
    (i suggest "Özemniyet")

• karbonhidrat's Profile Photo

Re: getting to Amasra from Ankara (Edit)

by karbonhidrat Online Now May 9, 2009 at 5:23 AM

In order to get to Amasra, one must go to BARTIN. The bus trip takes four-and-a-half hours from Ankara. There are regular bus routes between BARTIN and Ankara, istanbul,izmir, Trabzon, Bursa and Antalya. The distance between BARTIN and Amasra is 17 kilometers and there is a minibus between the two every 30 minutes; the journey takes approximately 20 minutes.

--- bus companies to BARTIN from ANKARA - iSTANBUL - izmir

* As74
    * Özemniyet
    * Metro
    * Özbartin
    (i suggest "Özemniyet")

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines