Travel Answers
Amalfi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Rodaroo's Profile Photo

Ferry from Salerno to Amalfi (and return)

by Rodaroo Online Now Jun 16, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Do I need to reserve tickets in advance for this ferry service from Salerno to Amalfi?? Im traveling with 7 people and not looking for any surprises.
      Also, Amalfi to Capri, do I need to book in advance or is walk up acceptable?

Thanks a million
      Rod

more
    • Jepstein517's Profile Photo

Transportation from Praiano to Florence

by Jepstein517 Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Having been helped so much getting from Rome to Praiano by bus (thanks so much!), we now will need to get from Praiano to Florence next Monday by 5 p.m. Are there any buses that could do the trick? We hesitate to take trains b/c we have 4 pieces of luggage (2 large, 2 small) and are concerned about getting them on and storing them on the train. I guess we will if there is no option, but you guys are so knowledgeable, I'm hoping someone knows a way by bus.

Thanks, Judi

more
    • Jepstein517's Profile Photo

Transportation from Praiano to Florence

by Jepstein517 Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Having been helped so much getting from Rome to Praiano by bus (thanks so much!), we now will need to get from Praiano to Florence next Monday by 5 p.m. Are there any buses that could do the trick? We hesitate to take trains b/c we have 4 pieces of luggage (2 large, 2 small) and are concerned about getting them on and storing them on the train. I guess we will if there is no option, but you guys are so knowledgeable, I'm hoping someone knows a way by bus.

Thanks, Judi

3 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 9:07 AM
    • Rodaroo's Profile Photo

Ferry from Salerno to Amalfi (and return)

by Rodaroo Online Now Jun 16, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Do I need to reserve tickets in advance for this ferry service from Salerno to Amalfi?? Im traveling with 7 people and not looking for any surprises.
      Also, Amalfi to Capri, do I need to book in advance or is walk up acceptable?

Thanks a million
      Rod

2 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    • Susanelambert's Profile Photo

Positano to ischia

by Susanelambert Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 7:01 AM

Does anyone know of a hydrofoil or ferry that goes from positano direct?

5 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 10:31 AM
    • Where to stay? What to do?

by MBCCHEN Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 3:15 AM

We are two Aussie couples looking for self catering apartment somewhere on or near the Amalfi Coast in late April 2015. We have looked at several net sites but find many are already booked out in our price range ($1200 AU per week). We have also read that perhaps Salerno is a good base to stay and do day trips. We hope to see Pompeii, Capri, Ischia. Does anyone have a suggested itinerary? Any does or dont's? Highlights? Recommended places to visit? To eat?

15 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 6:44 PM
    • Hotel on the Amalfi coast

by ameira Online Now May 21, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Where to stay-town and hotel if we want to spend a 1/2 day in Pompeii, a day in Capri and a day touring the area?

3 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 6:44 PM
    • Where to stay on the Amalfi coast

by lif155 Online Now May 16, 2014 at 6:32 AM

My husband and I are looking for a quiet beautiful place to stay ON the water (with sea access). But, we also want to be able to go into some towns/villages for dinner. Where is the best play on the amalfi coast to stay?

1 Answer May 16, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    • Travelling Bari to Amalfi......... Then Amalfi to cinque terre

by AnnaTony Online Now Apr 19, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Hi, we need to get from Bari to Amalfi after ...arriving Bari from overnight ferry from Dubrovnik...... Then after staying 5 days in Amalfi we need to get from Amalfi to Cinqe terre.. August 2014. I cannot see that a bus runs on Sundays from Bari to Naples to get to Amalfi...any suggestions? Could we get a train from Bari to say Sorrento or Salerno? I cannot see online that this may be possible....should we hire a car and just drive from Bari to Salerno, then ferry to Amalfi .The trip from Amalfi to cinque terre..any ideas for the fastest and easiest way to get there in one day... I want to book the fast train, but unsure of what time I could book, as not sure how long it will take on ferry from Amalfi to Naples, Of all the arrangements I have made, this part of the journey has baffled me the most! Appreciate your thoughts. many thanks. Anna

5 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 12:13 AM
    • Amalfi Coast for a month

by filboy Online Now Mar 15, 2014 at 5:06 AM

Can you suggest 4 best places to stay for a week at a time in the Amalfi coast. We want small towns, where everything is conveniently located preferably a fishing village. We intend on renting an apartment where we can do some cooking specially fresh seafood. We are senior citizens. Thanks.

5 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 12:37 PM
    • What is the Best way to see the Amalfi Coastal Cities?

by Lary1047 Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Hello everyone,

We are staying in Sorrento for 4 days this coming June. We would like to travel down the Amalfi coast and visit the different cities as we have seen the beautiful pictures and scenery that have been taken. Also we would be interested in visiting Capri on another day. Can anyone suggest the best way to see these 2 areas. We have seen several one day tours available, or would it be to our advantage to visit the Amalfi coastal cities by using the bus and walking the cities at our pace rather than stuck in a van for 8 hours?

Up for suggestions! Thanks for everyone’s responses.

Lary

2 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 11:46 AM
    • Best way to get from Amalfi to Pompeii

by Lolochaun Online Now Mar 8, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Hi. What is the best and fastest way to get from Amalfi (the town) to Pompeii (the ruins entrance--luggage storage area?) We will be leaving Amalfi around 9 or 10AM on a Friday this June. Thanks!
      Thanks

1 Answer Mar 9, 2014 at 6:23 AM
    • NihanSmr's Profile Photo

Amalfi Transportation

by NihanSmr Online Now Mar 5, 2014 at 5:39 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm planning to stay at Castellammare di Stabia during my vacation in Amalfi. I heard it's not a nice place to stay but it was a package deal so I need to figure out how can I reach all the good places by transportation :) I would like to visit Sorrento, Possitano, Amalfi and Capri. Could you give me some advise?? Thank you all!!

4 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 10:40 AM
    • Positano to Naples How long, what cost?

by UllyseesII Online Now Jan 11, 2014 at 9:24 PM

How long does it take and how much will it cost to share a minibus from Positano (pick up by 8am) to Naples Airport to catch 1.30 flight to FRankfurt (Lufthansa)? Will have luggage , two people.

2 Answers Jan 12, 2014 at 2:59 AM
    • jmj0's Profile Photo

Two Aussies in their 60's wanting to see the Amalfi Coast.

by jmj0 Online Now Oct 24, 2013 at 1:33 AM

We land in Roma next July and wish to go under our own steam to visit this beautiful looking coast.It is on the wife's bucket list and we are prepared to spend 5 or 6 days there(or more if required to get the best out of our visit).Anyone with an itinery and tips,thankyou.
      Lawrence and Margaret from Downunder.

11 Answers Oct 26, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    • hungkienluu's Profile Photo

Is there still a Ferry from Amalfi Town to Naples?

by hungkienluu Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Hi,

I keep hearing about a Ferry from Amalfi Town to Naples run by Metro Del Mar but have yet been able to find a timetable, pricing or anything. Can someone please point me to a website that can confirm that this Ferry does exist and will be running in October?

The metrodelmar.com website is down.

I'm asking for October 1st. Helping my sister plan her honeymoon.

Thank you!

2 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 10:47 AM
    • Amalfi coast

by mmullane Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 1:40 AM

What Amalfi area would be good to relax after the busy previous week in northern Italy while enjoying a busy town, a beach and nice restaurants?

4 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 12:46 AM
    • Rome to Amalfi

by Momo341 Online Now Jun 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Hi do you guys think it's worth taking a day trip from Rome to Amalfi??? Heading there early morning by bus and heading back to Rome at night!

12 Answers Jun 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM
    • Travelling in the Amalfi coast and in Pompei - transportation mode preferred?

by Danielef Online Now May 20, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Hi! I need to decide whether to depend on public transportation only or to rent a car. Should we take a car or train/bus will do to travel around Naples and in the Amalfi coast?

5 Answers May 21, 2013 at 2:40 AM
    • JosieF's Profile Photo

looking for a store

by JosieF Online Now May 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM

am looking for the name of a store where i purchased something last week. was on the main street where all the shops are. past church, another little plaza was enclosed on the right side. there were some inside shops. am looking for one in particular called i believe "abliagmento almalfi" Not sure about name. burgundy shopping bag. sells jeans, calvin klein clothes both for men and women. Hope you can help me out

7 Answers Jun 2, 2013 at 1:35 PM
    • Amalfi coast - hotel parking

by Hassenygard Online Now Apr 17, 2013 at 6:24 AM

Of course I understand that parking is difficult and the Amalfi coast roads are narrow etc. But - since we also have intended to spend some time outside this area, for example visiting famous gardens and visiting some vineyards - a car seems to be an interesting option...

So - do any of you have ideas of where would be good places to stay a) in Sorrento b) on the Amalfi coast. The intention of ours has been to spend 4-5 days divided into two stays at different sites.

Nice hotels with neighborhoods where one can find restaurants, perhaps avoiding 10.000 steep steps every single days. Parking would be a good option, ie. to be able to be able to use the car whenever you need and have the parking spot when you arrive back from an excursion etc.

Or - would you still recommend skipping the car, using the bus system and fully enjoy the car-free life and skipping all the vine tastings & garden visits on the way to/from Rome?

6 Answers Apr 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    • Amalfi base- best relaxed itinerary?

by Bherring Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Hello! We have 5 days based just outside of Amalfi to celebrate our 25th anniversary! We want to see area but also really want to relax-3 kids, two dogs at home!! Definitely want to go to Capri and can swing a boat for a day. Do not think we want to rent a car. Best ideas to see this incredible gift while still not going too hard? We are going mid May.

24 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 12:05 PM
    • shunra's Profile Photo

A beautiful road from Amalfi to Lecce

by shunra Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Hello everybody, Next month we will spend a week in the south of Italy; our itinerary includes a drive from Amalfi coast to Lecce. Now could anybody recommend some scenic roads around the area? The roads don't have to be short. They must be beautiful. Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Feb 24, 2013 at 8:00 AM
    • scalaron's Profile Photo

Apartment in Minori

by scalaron Online Now Nov 6, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I am planning to rent this place in early October 2013: La Loggia: Apartment Rental in Minori facing the beach.
      I will book thru homeaway.co.uk/p428765?uni_i... and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this place and booking online.
      I am a little nervous as they want a deposit via bank transfer or Paypal only!
      I am new at this and need some advice!!! My bank discouraged me from using a bank transfer as my personal info is revealed to the other party.
      I want to do this the most secure way possible.
      Thank you all!

11 Answers Nov 7, 2012 at 8:15 AM
    • Sightseeing tour Amalfi to Ravello

by sianrob Online Now May 31, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Hello,

Last year I paid a (very quick!) visit to Amalfi

Whilst there, I noticed a red minibus tour that went from Amalfi to Ravello but didn't have the time to go. I can't remember the name of it and hope that someone can help? The minibus was red, and I thought it was city sightseeing tours but there's nothing on their website. I'm thinking they perhaps did offer it last year but have withdrawn it this year?

Hope someone maybe can help?

Sian

6 Answers Jun 2, 2012 at 12:47 PM
    • GRAND HOTEL EXCELSIOR AMALFI

by RKH88 Online Now May 10, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Can any one tell me about this hotel? We're going to Amalfi in Mid-June and want to stay in this hotel. Any information can be provided is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

3 Answers May 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM
    • Alalfi where to stay

by sansys Online Now Jan 7, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Hi folks just wondering if anyone had some input on where to stay in Amalfi Coast mid july for 5 days. Amalfi city ,Positano or Ravello

Thanks

10 Answers Jan 11, 2012 at 1:13 AM
    • Naples airport to Amalfi

by cc1dovedale Online Now Oct 6, 2011 at 4:26 PM

I'm landing in Naples and need to get to Amalfi. I'd really appreciate any practical advice please! Is there a bus terminal near the airport? Does the bus run from the airport to Amalfi?

A grateful solo traveller!

5 Answers Oct 7, 2011 at 11:08 AM
    • Sudden change of plans - need advice for 5 days in Naples/Amalfi

by smigor Online Now Sep 28, 2011 at 3:58 AM

We have just been advised that our flight from Bari to Canada has been cancelled and we will now be flying out of Naples instead. So, we need to scramble and make last minute travel plans. We thought we would take advantage of the fact that we are now in the Naples area and need advice. First of all, what is the best way to get from Bari to Naples/Amalfi? From what we have read, it looks like a car is not really necessary for Amalfi and driving in Naples is not really recommended.

Once we are in the area, we would like to select one or two bases from which to tour the area. The only place we have been in the past is Pompeii so anything else is fair game. We will be there the first week of November so both weather and availability are considerations - for instance, I assume that most of the coastal ferries will not be operating at this time of year. Options that I have considered for a base are Amalfi, Positano, Sorrento or even Capri.Please help - the airline wants us to make a quick decision re our new flight home so we need to determine land arrangements asap. Thanks for your help!

14 Answers Sep 28, 2011 at 4:11 PM
    • How to get there?

by Susanjohnson Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 5:03 PM

We are traveleling mid to late October. Where do we fly into and how would we get to
      Le sirenuse in Positano?

After 4 days there where shall we go for the next 4 days easily?
      S

3 Answers Aug 8, 2011 at 6:27 PM
    • Seeking local village feel on Amalfi Coast for vacation rental

by moomkin Online Now Jul 23, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Hi Everyone,
      We are headed to the Amalfi Coast in September and would like to stay in a nice village that has access to some of the touristic places but isn't overtaken by tourism. We don't want a big city with hustle and bustle--just a few weeks to set up someplace as temporary locals. Is this possible to find such a village along this popular tourist route or did we miss it by a decade or two? We may do a few day trips but are more interested in just renting a home for a few weeks and truly relaxing in a beautiful place. Any recommendations? Thanks!
      Nadia

4 Answers Jul 26, 2011 at 5:16 PM
    • CaptainCanuck1's Profile Photo

Scooter Rentals

by CaptainCanuck1 Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 1:43 PM

My wife and I will be staying in Ravello for 3 days in late September and would like to know if Scooters are a viable option for getting around. Is it safe with all the aggressive drivers? Do you need a motorcycle licence? What are the rates like? Which companies do you recommend?

1 Answer Jul 11, 2011 at 11:31 PM