Amalfi Travel Answers

change location

GRAND HOTEL EXCELSIOR AMALFI

by RKH88 Online Now May 10, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Can any one tell me about this hotel? We're going to Amalfi in Mid-June and want to stay in this hotel. Any information can be provided is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Gillybob's Profile Photo

Re: GRAND HOTEL EXCELSIOR AMALFI

by Gillybob Online Now May 10, 2012 at 11:25 AM

You can read reviews on this hotel here Grand Excelsior

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now May 10, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Sadly, the only VT review dates from 2004. :-(

You can read more recent reviews on

booking.com/hotel/it/grandho...

Booking.com reviews are more reliable than most because they can only be posted by people who have booked through the site and completed their stay. booking.com emails people after their stay to request reviews on the form they provide.

I don't know this hotel but I do know Amalfi. The hotel is neither in nor especially near Amalfi itself. It is in a settlement called Pogerola, in the hills and quite a way from the beach (and buses for exploring the coast, and the coastal ferry if it is running when you visit).

Unless you intend to hire a car I'd suggest somewhere in Amalfi itself (it's a pretty small town) ..or Posiano or, better than either place imo, Sorrento.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now May 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I can't tell you about the Grand Hotel Excelsior except that it is not in the town of Amalfi. My wife and I enjoyed the Hotel Luna Convento right on the coastal shores in the town of Amalfi. Everything within a few short walks. If you want to stay in the hotel of your choosing then do it. If you like, I have a VT hotel tip for the Luna Convento and their website is in the tip. See: members.virtualtourist.com/m...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines