Alvor

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• self catering apartments

Albufeira Yesterday

Can anyone let me know a few contacts for self catering apartments on the beach in Albufeira Old Town. Many thanks

Anne Marie - Ireland

more
    • AlanM49's Profile Photo

naturist beach

Portimão Apr 12, 2014 at 10:03 AM

where is the nearest clothes optional/ naturist beach to Praia da Rocha,

more
    • TuNguyenUK's Profile Photo

Muay Thai/Kick Boxing/Boxing/MMA Gyms in Albufeira or the surrounding areas?

Albufeira Mar 31, 2014 at 3:48 AM

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if there are any Muay Thai/Kick Boxing/Boxing/MMA Gyms in Albufeira or the surrounding areas? I've tried looking on Google but can't seem to be able to find anything.

Many thanks,

Tu

more
    • Olhos D'agua

Olhos de Água Mar 26, 2014 at 7:45 AM

We are staying at Agua Marinha Apartments in September. How eay is it to get to Albufeira Old Town from there. We normally like to take the bus when we are on holiday . Is there a regular service.

more
    • hiring sunbeds

Olhos de Água Mar 25, 2014 at 3:12 AM

I am staying at agua marinha hotel in September. Are there any beaches that hire out sunbeds nearby? in the photos I have seen there doesn't seem to be any.

more
    • Seville to Lisboa - Any stops in between?

Faro Apr 6, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Hello, I am planning a trip from Morocco to Lisboa in september. So far we decided to pass Seville after coming from Morocco, so my question is if there are any nice places between Seville and Lisboa that we can reach quite easily and directly from Seville. Thank you very much for recommendations and experience reports! Lena

more
    • 2AussieGuys's Profile Photo

Beach Accommodation

Faro Apr 2, 2014 at 6:44 PM

I am planning a trip to the Algarve in July, and wanted to stay somewhere thats 4 or 5 stars on or walking distance to a great beach. It has been suggested to be around Praia Grande BUT a similar beach on the coast that is a nice spot for a gay couple would be perfect. Any recommendations would be great!

more
    • yoga & scuba

Praia da Rocha Apr 2, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Hi everyone, can you advise if any of the above activities
      are widely available closeby this hotel??
      Heading over for just 7 days 3rd week April!
      Interested in all types of excursion too!
      Thanks in advance for ANY tips!

more

Faro - Where to stay? What to do?

Faro Mar 26, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Hi guys,

We're looking to book a 3 day trip to Faro, Portugal and I was wondering if you could advise me on what is the best area to stay in. We're looking to be within 5 minutes walk of things to do and places to eat.

Also, what would you recommend to do over there, and where to go eat?

Many thanks,

Tu

more
    • 1st Time visit to Faro

Faro Apr 7, 2014 at 12:38 AM

What are the Top 10 things To Do in Faro, that you'd recommend?

more

Faro airport to Albufeira?

Albufeira Mar 26, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you could help me. Does anyone know how I can go about getting from Faro airport to Albufeira (Hotel Topazio)? Are there any coach/train options? And if so then how would I go about doing this?

Many thanks,

Tu

more
    • Where can i go for new years eve in Alvor any suggestions

by EmmaO Online Now Dec 19, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Hi There im heading to Alvor for New Year, any body know where would be good to go, an bring in the New Year?

2 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 5:43 PM
    • Taxi firms in alvor

by Wanda52 Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Hi going to Alvor next week and am about 3 km out of town any body know taxi firm to ferry in and out at night

1 Answer Sep 10, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    • Faro airport to Pestana Alvor Praia

by CurryQueen Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Hi there
      Can anyone recommend airport shuttle/transfer companies from Faro to Alvor and give an estimate of how much I should pay for return trip?

I'll be there for the 1st week of July and would recommend any interesting trips/sights! We love the beach, walking, shopping but not into watersports!

Many thanks! :-)

6 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    • Quad bike rental

by raisanface Online Now Sep 1, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Does anyone know of any good quad bike rentals or any good activites,thanks

2 Answers Mar 5, 2013 at 6:30 AM
    • help! rain...

by holidaymaker66 Online Now Aug 31, 2011 at 12:05 AM

hello everyone just noticed on 10 different weather sites that it is torrential rain out in alvor at the mo, can anyone confirm it and if they can do anyone know how long it is supposed to last? im going out next week you see... panicking a little now.

5 Answers Mar 5, 2013 at 6:32 AM
    • alvor nightlife

by lauraann88 Online Now Aug 26, 2011 at 5:01 AM

hi going to alvor nxt wk is it any good for entertainment & nightlife, had a few diff people saying diff things.xx

2 Answers Oct 17, 2011 at 2:15 AM
    • weather in alvor sept, and basically is it any good lol

by owen1988 Online Now Aug 26, 2011 at 2:50 AM

hi everyone, me and my partner are off to alovor on the 4th september, we have never been before basically was last minute and a cheap deal which we booked as we wanted a break, is the weather still going to be nice? as i have been trying to check different weather sites and everys single one is showing different which is rather annoying.

2 Answers Jun 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM
    • Fishing

by nsmedley Online Now Jul 17, 2011 at 2:30 AM

Hi,
      Does anyone know if you can go fishing with a rod on the harbour/estury or beach

1 Answer Jul 17, 2011 at 10:26 AM
    • where to buy miniature bottles of port

by immyreddog Online Now May 18, 2011 at 5:58 AM

Hi i'm looking for somewhere to buy cheap miniature bottle of port a family member is getting married over there and she wants them for favors and wondered if anyone could tell me where to get them and how much they might be.

Hope you can help

Thanks chrissie

3 Answers Jun 29, 2013 at 8:19 PM
    • Day after

by ElaineClifford Online Now May 2, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Hi, i am getting married in Alvor next month but i am looking for somewhere for the day after. Finger food is all i'm looking for. Any ideas?

3 Answers May 18, 2011 at 9:16 AM
    • car rental with child seat for 19 month old

by kirkmeister Online Now Apr 27, 2011 at 2:07 AM

can anyone recommend a good company and advise how we go about ensuring we have suitable car seat - cN WE LEve it til we get there or best to arrange in advance -
      what has your experience??
      This is crucial to us as little one only naps in car and we go in 2 weeks time!!
      thanks

7 Answers May 11, 2011 at 7:03 AM
    • high chairs and toddlers in alvor restaurants and cafes

by kirkmeister Online Now Apr 27, 2011 at 2:02 AM

hi taking my 18 month old to alvor/praia de rocha and area but stayingin alvor and wanting to eat in harbour side restaurants and beach side places we previouslyate in before little one was born.
      Are there high chairs in restaurants and cafes?
      How are little children received in Portugal eateries and any tips on eating out?
      Was hoping not to have to buy travel booster seat.
      many thanks

2 Answers Apr 30, 2011 at 1:46 PM
    • amy_360_88's Profile Photo

Need a little advice about Alvor

by amy_360_88 Online Now Mar 9, 2011 at 5:51 AM

Hiya,
      I'm booking a week trip with my boyfriend to Alvor at the end of August. I'm getting a bit confused reading reviews though. We're stopping in the Alvormar apartments, going self catering. My main questions are how far is the walk to the beach, resturants and nightlife? As in how many minutes. And aslo, what is the nightlife like? We don't want to go too wild but we do want music and an option to dance! Without looking weird :-) With resturants and bars, will we have 7 days worth of good, varied food and good entertainment? How about a bar crawl, is that a possibility? Last question... is the beach big? Hopefully someone can help me out a bit, it would really, really be apreciated :-D xx

4 Answers Apr 23, 2011 at 1:48 AM
    • pyramid restaraunt

by leani Online Now Oct 9, 2010 at 7:36 AM

we were in alvor this sept 2010, as far as we cold see the pyramid no longer exists. thought everyone should know.

1 Answer Oct 9, 2010 at 8:50 AM
    • Fishing Trips

by SKERR63 Online Now Jul 28, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Hi

Arriving in Alvor 21st August for 2 weeks, can anyone recommend a good fishing trip

1 Answer Jul 29, 2010 at 6:32 AM
    • casa de alvor

by danniman Online Now Jul 22, 2010 at 6:08 AM

Thank you very much Adam T69. Your info is a great help. I read somewhere that there was an oven in the apts. Wondered if that was a microwave or conventional oven. We have visited Lagos in the past and loved it. Are there any buses or trains that go there? We also like Algarve shopping in Guia. Can we get transport, and do you know where the bus stops are in Alvor? As we are going self catering I wondered if there are any good supermarkets nearby. The Casa de Alvor apts are described as being T1, which is supposed to mean that they're a reasonable size. Would be interested to know if they are. Many thanks

1 Answer Jul 22, 2010 at 12:48 PM
    • casa de alva

by danniman Online Now Jul 21, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Hi there, will be going, self catering, to Casa de Alvor early next year. Can't find much info on these apts. Does anyone know what they are like ,and if the kitchenette is well equipped?
      thanks
      Ann

3 Answers Jul 22, 2010 at 3:12 PM
    • Scooter or quad bike hire

by mummyloving Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 12:57 PM

This is the 3rd time in Alvor but after hiring a quad bike in Corfu, we'd love to do the same in Alvor. Are there any agencies and if so, any idea of prices?

1 Answer Jun 14, 2011 at 7:58 AM
    • Jeep Safari for Kids

by AvlorFan Online Now Mar 9, 2010 at 3:35 AM

Hi, Can anyone let me know if kids aged 4&6 can go on the Jeep Safaris. Would be have child seats for them? We never went on one on our last visit to Alvor, but would like to try them this time. We were hoping to go the end of April, if any one can recommend any Safari company with prices and days of trips it would be great.

1 Answer Mar 9, 2010 at 6:04 AM
    • Alisupermarket - Opening Times

by AvlorFan Online Now Mar 9, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Hi, can anyone please let me know what are the opening times of the larger of the supermarkets near the taxi rank. Especially is it open on Sundays.

2 Answers Jul 21, 2010 at 1:40 PM
    • things to do for children

by kellyanne1978 Online Now Jan 14, 2010 at 5:56 AM

hi.
      we are going to alvor in june with our 4 kids aged 2, 5, 9 and 12, staying in prainha village. I was just wondering if there are many activities for children in or around alvor? waterparks etc! Also if anybody has any comments on prainha village it would be much appreciated.
      thanks
      kellyanne

2 Answers Mar 9, 2010 at 1:52 AM
    • Casa de Alvor Location

by DeniseSonia Online Now Dec 28, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Hi, can anyone tell me the location of Casa de Alvor apartments? Usually stay in the Alvormar so know most of the landmark bars/restaurants etc. So can anyone give a helping hand of pointing out where/what we will be near.
      Thanks Denise

3 Answers Feb 12, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    • TRanportation - Faro to Alvor

by erinelle Online Now Jul 30, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Hi!

Looking for the least expensive and reliable way to get from Faro airport to hotel in Alvor...noticed Faro Airport tarnsfer and Algarve shuttle companies...are these OK and good to use?

Thanks

Erin

3 Answers Apr 8, 2010 at 2:01 PM
    • car parking

by crips Online Now Jun 14, 2009 at 9:51 AM

We are visiting Alvor in October and according to the details for our apartment there is no parking. Can anyone give us an idea of where we might be able to park our hire car whilst we are there. We are staying at the Apartments Alvormar, Rua D Sancho. I would be very grateful for any information you can give. Thanks.

3 Answers Jun 24, 2009 at 3:04 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Budget accomodation.

by Maurizioago Online Now May 23, 2009 at 2:50 AM

Could you recommend some nice budget accomodation in Alvor? I can spend around 40 euros per night for a single room; breakfast included.

Thanks!

2 Answers Jan 15, 2010 at 6:17 AM
    • Alvor Accomodation

by deshutch1 Online Now Jan 16, 2009 at 2:46 AM

Hi,

Looking for advice on a good place to stay in Alvor. Family consists of 2 adults amd 3 kids (12,11 & 6. Looking for an aparment complex with childrens club, nightly entertainment, bars etc.

Any advice much appreciated.

1 Answer Jan 24, 2009 at 1:15 PM
    • children in bar's

by chriswbread Online Now Jan 9, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Me and my family are going to alvor in august and although we are not party animals are children allowed in the bars. The elvis tribute sounds like fun and the kids would love the karaoke. They are 11,13 and 15 and would be dissapointed to miss out on the nightlife.

3 Answers Jan 24, 2009 at 1:21 PM
    • Pestana Delfim

by cornsheds Online Now Jan 6, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Alvor looks absolutely fantastic and I am hoping to travel to the Pestana Delfim with my husband and two chidlren aged 8 & 6 for 12 days at the end of June. I believe the hotel is currently closed for refurbishment, reopening in March. I have booked a seaview room (a suite would be great but is an extra €500!). Has anybody any travel tips/advice on the Delfim hotel and things for the chidlren to do both in and around the hotel?

2 Answers Mar 12, 2009 at 8:16 AM
    • STEWSKIN63's Profile Photo

NEW YEAR 2008

by STEWSKIN63 Online Now Dec 18, 2008 at 7:56 AM

Does anyone know of any good eating places for new years eve this year , also any good bars .
      Going for the first time this year.

2 Answers Dec 18, 2008 at 1:20 PM
    • Christmas Restaurants

by Karen-LH Online Now Nov 23, 2008 at 10:21 AM

Hi All

Can anyone tell me what restaurants are open on Christmas day in Alvor and whether they have a website, email address, phone number etc. I need to sort out our christmas dinner as soon as possible as this year we are bringing my father in law over with us.

Thanks

Karen

1 Answer Dec 3, 2008 at 1:13 AM