Alvor Travel Answers

change location

casa de alvor

by danniman Online Now Jul 22, 2010 at 6:08 AM

Thank you very much Adam T69. Your info is a great help. I read somewhere that there was an oven in the apts. Wondered if that was a microwave or conventional oven. We have visited Lagos in the past and loved it. Are there any buses or trains that go there? We also like Algarve shopping in Guia. Can we get transport, and do you know where the bus stops are in Alvor? As we are going self catering I wondered if there are any good supermarkets nearby. The Casa de Alvor apts are described as being T1, which is supposed to mean that they're a reasonable size. Would be interested to know if they are. Many thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: casa de alvor

by cubsur Online Now Jul 22, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I can help with a couple of your questions:

The main bus stop in Alvor is at the roundabout on the edge of the old village. All buses stop at the same stop going in all directions. There are no timetables or maps on display. Unfortunately that is typical of Portimao council whose bus service would be excellent if anyone knew about it!

There are other stops at various places along the roads leading out of Alvor of course.

There is a direct bus from Alvor to Algarve Shopping, six times a day on weekdays and four times a day at weekends.

Take a look at this website page of mine for timetables - as I said there are none at Alvor

www.algarvebus.info/002s.htm

The same bus route also goes to Lagos but beware timekeeping at Alvor in that direction, they are often 15-20 minutes late owing to traffic congestion aided and abetted by shoddy timekeeping.

Unfortunately the biggest supermarket in Avor closed down earlier this year when the chain went bust. There are some small shops in the area but for a big supermarket you now have to go to the Portimao Retail Park (bus 8 from Alvor) or into Portimao to the Continente there. There are no supermarkets in the city centre of Portimao, the last one closed last year when the Retail Park opened.

The Continente isn't far out though and there are also ALDI and LIDL stores in the same area.

Hope that helps a little.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines