Alvor Travel Answers

change location

Alvor Accomodation

by deshutch1 Online Now Jan 16, 2009 at 2:46 AM

Hi,

Looking for advice on a good place to stay in Alvor. Family consists of 2 adults amd 3 kids (12,11 & 6. Looking for an aparment complex with childrens club, nightly entertainment, bars etc.

Any advice much appreciated.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Alvor Accomodation

by alijmo Online Now Jan 24, 2009 at 1:15 PM

I would recommend the Dunas Apartments.

They are perfectly located in Alvor between the beach and harbour front/centre.

They don't have a children's club but are very popular with families and if you go during school holidays they are bound to make friends.

There are a number of snack bars on the complex. At night there is nightly entertainment (a singer) at the Cactos II Bar on the complex. Popular for the parents to sit and drink whilst the children can play together in the 'courtyard' or play on one of the pool tables there.

The apartments can be booked through Thomson holidays or privately through a website such as www.ownersdirect.co.uk or www.holiday-rentals.co.uk.

Another apartment complex is the Alvor Ferias. Again it is popular with families but I don't know if it has a children's club. It is further away from Alvor centre and the beaches though and I think only has the one snack bar and bar. I think you can book through Thomas Cook and Thomson.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines