Altun Ha

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Need some answers please. :)

Ambergris Cay Jun 26, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Thinking of living here for 3-6 months with my boyfriend. Trying to figure out the following:
      1) should we find a place to stay before we get to ambergris, or arrange something possibly more expensive ahead of time
      2) is it feasible to rent a place for $400-600?
      3) any referrals for renters would be helpful
      4) general information about traveling to belize, living there, etc would be helpful.

Also, I'm not dead set on staying on ambergris, especially of there are other safe and beautiful American friendly places.

Thank you!

more
    • Belise doctors & hospitals

Belize City Jul 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM

how clean is the ocean water & how accesable to it?
      what about doctors % hospitals?

more
    • Altun Ha

by cinemanix Online Now Sep 29, 2010 at 11:03 AM

My mother and I land at BZE at 11:05am in mid-October. We'll have slept overnight at Atlanta Intl., so the trip doesn't sound too hard that day. I will be renting from Crystal Rental Cars. I figure that claiming bags and getting the car could take an hour and a half. So if we get on the road by 12:30 and find a spot for lunch, it will then be 1:30 before we are actually enroute to Alta Hun.
      At this point I'd like to know how far the drive from BZE area is and how long we should plan for walking about the ruins at Alta Hun.
      Our plans ultimately will take us to San Ignacio, and I'm wondering if seeing Alta Hun after the flight and basically acclimating to the heat, will be condusive to finishing the afternoon with our drive to San Ignacio.
      How long would that drive be realistically, from Alta Hun to San Ignacio?
      If we stay overnight after Alta Hun, would the Black Orchid Resort be a good logistic choice? Thanks for your thoughts!

1 Answer Sep 29, 2010 at 8:46 PM