Altillac Travel Answers

change location

How to arrive in Altillac, Corrèze, France

by rcaballero65 Online Now May 12, 2012 at 4:44 AM

How can I to arrive in Altillac from San Sebastian (Spain)? By trai or bus. Thank you!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: How to arrive in Altillac, Corrèze, France

by K_V_B Online Now May 12, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Getting to somewhere in rural France by local transit can be a challenge. Finding out how to do this is often next to impossible as there are no comprehensive on line sources of schedule information, like other countries have.
    I would suggest you contact the place where you will be staying and ask them what they consider the be the nearest convenient railway station, and if they would arrange for transport for your.
    Then find out how to get to that station from Hendaye (on www.sncf.fr). To get from San Sebastian to Henday is easy, as there is a train every half hour run by Euskotren on that route.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: How to arrive in Altillac, Corrèze, France

by cubsur Online Now May 12, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Can you confirm the name of the place? There is an Altillac I know but it is not in Corrèze but is in the Lot départment. It is directly across the river from Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne, which is in Corrèze. Confusingly and not many kilometres distant is Astaillac, which is in Corrèze. Both are near the small town of Biars-sur-Cere, which has a railway station. But the whole region has virtually no public transport in the way of buses. Many villages have only one bus a week, many others none at all.

Biars-sur-Cere is about 500km from Hendaye on the border with Spain. It's a car journey of 5 or 6 hours but by train it is going to be very, very difficult.

Please confirm the correct location, preferably with Code Postale and i will investigate further for you.

• cubsur's Profile Photo

by cubsur Online Now May 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Sorry I made a bad mistake above. Altillac IS in Corrèze. I am looking for any bus information for that départment now.

the station at Biars-sur-Cere has just four trains each day.

• cubsur's Profile Photo

by cubsur Online Now May 13, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I have found that Altillac has no bus service except in July and August. Otherwise buses only go as far as Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne. Here is the timetable

cg19.fr/fileadmin/user_uploa...

These buses leave from Brive-la-Gaillard. You can see that on some days there is only one bus and in July and August there is no bus at all on Wednesdays while the Saturday bus only operates by prior reservation.

To get from Hendaye to Brive-la-Gaillard you need to go to www.voyages-sncf.com and search for train times for the exact date you wish to travel. The journey will take between five and eight hours. Seat reservation is compulsory for TGV trains and will be included in any ticket your purchase.

The nearest station to Altillac is that of Bretenoux-Biars but there is no bus from there to Altillac, which is about 6km distance. Bretenoux-Boars has about 4 trains each day from Brive-la-Gaillard. I do not know if taxis can be found there.

I hope that helps.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now May 14, 2012 at 2:59 AM

indeed tough to do by public transport. never done it, I use the car.
    you can contact the mayor's office of Altillac
    altillac.com/index.php?optio...
    how to get there as even they dont have anything posted;small town.

in the dept of Altillac, dept 19, you can ask for a TAD, transport à la demande, request for transport,but certaintly not from San Sebastian
    correze.fr/fr/deplacements-e...

you will need to come from San Sebastian to the closest major city there and then try to find the connection to Altillac.like Brive la Gaillarde or Souillac

dont see any other way.sorry

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines