I have gathered info for reaching Zugspitze from both Germany and Austria sides. I have some queries please:
1. From Austria's the good thing is it's cheaper, lesser crowds but I read post about Germany side is more scenic especially the ascent from Eibsee (the comment is from a German so I want to hear others opinion too :D). Does the crowd worthy for the scenic? I plan to go there around noon after Neuschwanstein so I think the crowd would've gathered.
2. I'd eliminate the cogwheel train and drive directly to Eibsee. Does the Eibsee cable car has problems with queuing too? I read that it runs half hourly, 10mnts to reach Zugspitze but I think I read somewhere there're only 2 Eibsee-Selbahn that operate, each could only fit 30ppl. Could someone please verify this?
3. If I decide to go from Germany, I plan to go uphill by Eibsee and downhill by the Glacier cable car/Gletscherbahn. Or is it better vice versa?
4. The price from the Austrian's Tiroler Zugspitzbahn side zugspitze.at/zugspitzbahn/en...
There are 2 that I find , one is Gipfel-Ticket "Erlebnis Zugspitze" Euro 40.5 (Euro 38 w/guest card).
Another is Platt-Ticket "Kleine Rundreise"/ Round trip ticket Euro 52. What does Platt Ticket 'Kleine Rundreise' mean?
I assume Euro 52 is the price for the Germany side?? Is there any guest card discount from the Germany side?
5. Could I use the guest card if I live in another town or country ? for example using the Germany guest card in Austria or using guest card from Oberammergau in Garmisch Parthenkinchen?
6. The price in Germany side which I assume Euro 52, does it include everything such as the cogwheel train, Eibsee and Gletscherbahn? I understand though I do not ride the cogwheel train, it's going to be charged the same but I plan to use both the Eibsee and Gletscherbahn
7. If I plan to drive to Ehrwald, where is the stopping/destination point on GPS? Is it Obermoos instead of Ehrwald since I view from gmap the Tiroler Zugspitzbahn operates from that point?
8. I see there could be cogwheel train stop in Riffelrib if requested. Is there any viewing platform just for the scenery or is it only for the skiier/hiker?
Sorry for the many queries. I really appreciate all inputs even if you could provide info on any of them.
Is Green sticker compulsory for tourists driving in Germany? We are going to the UNESCO Rhine Valley Heritage, Rothenburg ODT , Neuschwanstein, Zugspitze , Berchtesgaden and Munich. We are going to cross over to Salzburg, Austria too.
Are these areas required a green sticker? Would the rental car agency provide them or should I pay extra for it? If I have to pay, how much would it cost?
My girlfriend and I are planning a trip, and we might spend 4 days in Berlin next August.
Do you guys have a suggestion for the accommodation, cheap and well located?
What would you say are the "must-see"? Do you have any other recommandation? :)
Hi, I' d like to rent an apartmen for 4 nigths. Which area would recommend me? We are three adults and two babies and we have a car so we dont need public transportation. We intend to visit Gegenbach, Titisee, Schluchsee, Gutach. Thanks in advance.
When is the small shop open to the left of the War Memorial by the large willow tree? Whenever I have been there it hasn't been open. You can see it in the photos of Assmannshausen and the one taken by Matim. It is by the church on Niederwaldstrasse and just 100 meters north on the corner of Lorcher Strasse and Dreikoenighsstrasse. The next time anyone is there before me, please take a look and post the answer. Thank you in advance.
How do you buy tickets for the Public Bus System in Bad Reichenhall? How much do they cost? I may be answering my on question - will the Bayern Ticket I'll be using to get there - work with Public transit there, too? dah - I know - so unsure about that ticket ~
Hi, I'd like to rent an apartment and I wonder wich is the best area to stay? We are three adults and two babies and we have a car so we dont need public transportation. We are going to stay 5 nigths and we intend to do the weinstrasse, the moseltal and the Rheintal. Thanks
Hi, my friend and I (2 of us) would like to take a train from Munich to Prague. We are interested in the train departing at 4.55am on 13 June and arriving in Prague at 10.44 am. May I know if this train is covered by the Bayern-Bohmen ticket? And our lodging is near Munich Harass station, so we have to take a train to Munchen Hbf. Does this ticket cover that as well? Last question, can we purchase the ticket from the vending machine in either Harass or Marienplatz station? Thanks!
I will be traveling from Haslach to Freudenstadt to Mummelsee to Baden-Baden. My question is where is the bus stop to get off at Mummelsee for bus #12 and from where I will get bus 245 for Baden-Baden?. I get 1 hr to rest at lake between two buses. How much distance between the lake and bus stop? also will my Konus card valid for this excursion?
I was in Hamburg last month and ate dinner on the waterfront. The restaurant had a cake, something like Laboersahntorte. It was unbelievable and I would like to find a recipe. Problem is nothing comes up when I search it, so I'm guessing I'm missing part of the name. It had a marzipan covering, used like some people use fondant. Sound familiar to anyone?
Hi, we will be arriving in Berlin early in the morning but our host won't be able to meet us till the afternoon. We were intending to go for the free walking tour (meeting point at Brandenburg Gate) before we meet our host. Are there any safe lockers that we can store our travel backpacks near Brandenburg Gate? I read that Friedrichstrasse station has lockers to store luggages, but are they big enough for a normal travel backpack? Thanks!
Greetings all! I will arrive by plane to Stuttgart Airport (from Italy on Air Berlin), landing at 3pm. I plan to catch an S2 / S3 to Stuttgart Hbf, then catch an ICE train to Frankfurt Hbf.
Should I reserve an ICE train ticket in advance to get the best price? If so, plane lands at 3pm, what departure time should I reserve my ICE train? Perhaps 7pm ICE train? (4 hours from landing to boarding ICE?) I wish to allow for any unforeseen plane / customs delays etc. I don't wish to rush too much!
Thanks for any advice!
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2015 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|