Be the First to Answer

• Reaturants

Moab Apr 20, 2015 at 4:26 PM

What are the best restaurants in Moab, utah

more
    • Addison833's Profile Photo

Monument Valley with a 3.5 year old!

Monument Valley State Park Apr 19, 2015 at 11:02 AM

As I was mentioning in my previous question, we're staying at The View hotel when we visit the park in mid-May. What can we do at Monument Valley with a 3.5 year old if we don't do the 2 hour tour by car since our kid will have been in the car for so long. Are there any 'easy' walks in the park that she could participate in? Some exploring by foot so she can run around and exert some energy? Or are the only activities those that involve sitting and enjoying the view, vigorous hikes or drives?

Thanks!
      Cailey

more
    • onayman's Profile Photo

Alta, Utah lodging.

by onayman Online Now Aug 28, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Hey, everyone!
      We're a group of 3 guys intermediate skiers looking to ski Alta March 9-16, 2013. Any advice on where to stay. Some nightlife, bars, restaurants, steam room, sauna, outdoor pool, jacuzzi, gym would be nice. We'd like to stay as close to Alta/Snowbird as possible but a little travel is no problem. Planning to rent a car. Private house/apartment or lodge, reasonably priced. Love Park City, but think it is a bit long commute. Any input is greatly appreciated. Can't wait till winter.

12 Answers Aug 31, 2012 at 3:54 AM
    • Visiting Alta in March 2012, need tips

by danijels Online Now May 13, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Hi guys

We are a group of four skiers from Norway wanting to visit SLC area, predominantly Alta, but possibly also (or instead) Snowbird and other areas we might get a good feeling for prior to arrangements being made.

At this point we need some feedback based on the following facts:
      - we are 4 skiers
      - as much off-piste / back country, no need for much groomed.
      - level: intermediate +

The things we would like input on are:
      - Based on the list above, what is in general the best choice, Alta, Snowbird or something else? Can't be too far away from SLC though.
      - We can probably do 10 days somewhere between mid Feb to end of March. Any tips on what would be best condition-wise, or is it the same?
      - What would be a good option for accomodation for 4, any private lodging sites?
      - As it is close to SLC, would it be worth it staying in the city motel or something and drive up in a rental?

I'm sure I'll come up with more stuff, but that should do it for now.

Thanks guys

10 Answers Oct 21, 2011 at 2:34 AM