Alta

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• September 2014 PC events?

Park City Apr 7, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I live in Salt Lake, and have friends coming to visit in September 2014. We are staying up at PCMR, and I am looking for ideas as to activities, etc. I can't find any festival, etc. calendars out for that far ahead. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks in advance.

more
    • mrsdoc83's Profile Photo

getting to Moab

Moab Apr 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM

My husband will be going to Moab for a conference and I'm helping with the travel itinerary.

We fly from out of state and I wonder if there is a major airport closer than Salt Lake City (yes, I am doing more research on this myself, now, too) --

Also, once we get to the major airport of choice, what is the best driving route to get into Moab?

Thanks!
      C

more
    • onayman's Profile Photo

Alta, Utah lodging.

by onayman Online Now Aug 28, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Hey, everyone!
      We're a group of 3 guys intermediate skiers looking to ski Alta March 9-16, 2013. Any advice on where to stay. Some nightlife, bars, restaurants, steam room, sauna, outdoor pool, jacuzzi, gym would be nice. We'd like to stay as close to Alta/Snowbird as possible but a little travel is no problem. Planning to rent a car. Private house/apartment or lodge, reasonably priced. Love Park City, but think it is a bit long commute. Any input is greatly appreciated. Can't wait till winter.

12 Answers Aug 31, 2012 at 3:54 AM
    • Visiting Alta in March 2012, need tips

by danijels Online Now May 13, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Hi guys

We are a group of four skiers from Norway wanting to visit SLC area, predominantly Alta, but possibly also (or instead) Snowbird and other areas we might get a good feeling for prior to arrangements being made.

At this point we need some feedback based on the following facts:
      - we are 4 skiers
      - as much off-piste / back country, no need for much groomed.
      - level: intermediate +

The things we would like input on are:
      - Based on the list above, what is in general the best choice, Alta, Snowbird or something else? Can't be too far away from SLC though.
      - We can probably do 10 days somewhere between mid Feb to end of March. Any tips on what would be best condition-wise, or is it the same?
      - What would be a good option for accomodation for 4, any private lodging sites?
      - As it is close to SLC, would it be worth it staying in the city motel or something and drive up in a rental?

I'm sure I'll come up with more stuff, but that should do it for now.

Thanks guys

10 Answers Oct 21, 2011 at 2:34 AM